• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Look, I play this game to have fun. I stop playing if it becomes a chore like having to reread 40 pages each day. Jack and LG both took me an hour to compile and formalize, game is basically solved (at least for the next 3 days). Yes, I'm lazy. Doesn't make me scum. If you still insist that I bussed UP from the beginning of D1 despite the evidence provided by LaserGuy and the quote from Flavorless then I won't argue with you anymore because it's pointless. I built a case on UP on D1, explained it multiple times and people were like "but he's town based on tone..."' while totally ignoring content. Then D2 comes and people are like 'but he's town based on mechanics...". Now finally people realize that he's scum and I'm his buddy. Give me a break...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think your 'confidence' also doesn't line up with you only reviewing two people when I expected a full reads list today. You state you are lazy, why is this? Why are you less engaged today?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 2.4

Boom (3) - Ran, UP, Wisp [L-2]

UP (2) - Boom, Sabrar

Laser (2) - Z25, Jack

Jack (1) - Laser

Z25 (1) - Chu

Not Voting (0)
P33-P38
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

P39-P40
Ran #Boom
UP #Boom
Up #Unv
Up #Boom

P41-P44
Chu #Z25
Wisp #UP
Sabrar #UP

P45
Wisp #Boom

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar, talk to me about Boom. Why are you content with letting him live further?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would agree with you if there was only one scum in the game, which would mean no additional analysis required. Yet that isn't the case.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
How is UP proven scum?
And the first line is your prerogative
See what I did there?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar, talk to me about Boom. Why are you content with letting him live further?
Because it is possible that Boom is town. What other reason did you expect?
I know your opinion of Boom, I know others' opinion of Boom and I'm still not 100% convinced because I played with him a bit more than you.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Imagine arguing prerogative in a game of mafia
It's literally a bunch of people arguing why they think they are right

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I would agree with you if there was only one scum in the game, which would mean no additional analysis required. Yet that isn't the case.
We can only lynch one at a time. So for today we have enough. For tomorrow we have enough. Even for D4 we have enough. But I can do additional work when we get there. I just don't feel like it today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm fine with either in any order it feels like Boom is trying to buy at least one more day which is worrying since when scum do that, it means they may have something to use at night. Which makes him the better option today. The only reason I have not changed vote is because of it would put Boom on L1 unless people just want day to end early. Since nothing is really going on unless UP tries at somepoint
This is a very good point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think we should be wary of those claiming to be lazy or relying on POE since I feel scum have very few options to push.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Since I reread #1421 again and since I became sure about UP last night.

UP is second most townie while doing 'really really bad stuff'. Doing good stuff while scum is much easier than doing bad stuff as scum if you're experienced enough.
I feel like this point is a bit ironic because Poy was the first to mention this, right? Maybe we're both scum and he didn't realize how effective that point would be but I don't think it's necessarily weird. He was doing things I didn't like but was willing to excuse because... it's Poy :laugh: like I wouldn't be surprised if he did it as town. If Ran or someone else who's always 100% straight A "take no nonsense" was going MIA EoD and popping in with "Hi!" then yeah I'm gonna step LOL but as a whole I'm not as surprised seeing Poy act goofy. Still bad but I was willing to look past it because there were things I liked

Hmmm. do you think there's 2 scum or 3 scum??? Do you think scum!Poy would make that post if I was his sole scummate? Very much wine but I feel like if he was planning on getting lynched then he wouldn't make posts that take his scum chum out with him

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I kinda wanna want to Lynch boom even more with this whole I don't buss no sense

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I'm mostly worried if we don't lynch Boom today then town will let him slip for trying. That's an exaggeration, but you understand what I mean.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I feel like this point is a bit ironic because Poy was the first to mention this, right? Maybe we're both scum and he didn't realize how effective that point would be but I don't think it's necessarily weird.
If you read back the scum-chat LaserGuy provided you will see that we discussed our reads on our buddies before posting it. Scum has day-chat here as well, why wouldn't they do the same?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The point is null because UP has done the same in Flavorless Mafia III and he was town while Pokechu was scum.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
You can be BFF-s all you want, that's no reason to town-read someone contrary to evidence. Ask Xivii after the game about Texas, bessie and myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree, yet I don't think it's good enough alone to consider Pokechu as scum considering past history.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If you read back the scum-chat LaserGuy provided you will see that we discussed our reads on our buddies before posting it. Scum has day-chat here as well, why wouldn't they do the same?
You're saying that Poy would've discussed the post with me before posting it? I'm confused as to what you're saying here relates to the specific part you quoted. You'll have to help a little here. I'm a little slow

I feel like discussing reads before posting really depends on the team. I think a Chu/Poy team actually wouldn't think to do that but I still feel like it'd be silly for Poy to throw shade on their partner who just replaced in, if he already knows he's (Poy) getting lynched. Like if he's 99% a goner then why give the town resources to make his only partner, a goner too? LOL bussing exists but I think that if Poy wanted to buss me then he would've done it from the start with Maven and not throw shade on my introductory reads list

pretty winey (and whiny lmao) though, what I'm saying. So I'll agree to disagree here

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
DAMMIT!!

You're saying that Poy would've discussed the post with me before posting it? I'm confused as to what you're saying here relates to the specific part you quoted. You'll have to help a little here. I'm a little slow

I feel like discussing reads before posting really depends on the team. I think a Chu/Poy team actually wouldn't think to do that but I still feel like it'd be silly for Poy to throw shade on their partner who just replaced in, if he already knows he's (Poy) getting lynched. Like if he's 99% a goner then why give the town resources to make his only partner, a goner too? LOL bussing exists but I think that if Poy wanted to buss me then he would've done it from the start with Maven and not throw shade on my introductory reads list

pretty winey (and whiny lmao) though, what I'm saying. So I'll agree to disagree here

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
anyways can I still have your thoughts on 2 vs. 3 scum in this game?? you neglected that part of the post :^(

Sabrar

Smash Ace
With 11 players I would have done 3 non-town, most likely a 3-man scum team with no indie. But that's me and I know others' sense of balance doesn't necessarily match mine. My impression is that town-powers are mostly weak so a 2-man scum-team is justifiable but I think 3 makes more sense even so.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think Sabrar is keeping Boom at a distance. He suspects him but keeps pushing him back.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to eat food now so I'll take a break from the thread, but I'd like Pokechu to update me on their read of Sabrar.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
With 11 players I would have done 3 non-town, most likely a 3-man scum team with no indie. But that's me and I know others' sense of balance doesn't necessarily match mine. My impression is that town-powers are mostly weak so a 2-man scum-team is justifiable but I think 3 makes more sense even so.
Thank you thank you!!!

I feel backhanded doing this now tho lmao something pinged me about one of your last posts but I thought you were going to say two scum

We can only lynch one at a time. So for today we have enough. For tomorrow we have enough. Even for D4 we have enough. But I can do additional work when we get there. I just don't feel like it today.
Do you usually let flips change your perspective of a slot (like, X flips town, how do you feel about A, B, C, etc.)? Since from here to D4, there would be four whole flips to look at. I think you were one of the first to look at Pythag's readlist so I'll assume yes for this question. So how come we have enough content for two additional day phases?????????????? Wouldn't it help to make more analyses in case one of your scum reads flip town?????? Which, you're scumreading me, and I know I'm town, so. . . I'm a little biased here Embarrass but enough information even for D4?????

Plus if there's 3 scum I don't even think D4 is guaranteed. If we mislynch toDay wouldn't D3 be LyLo??? You can be lazy and I really don't blame you. We've all been there - especially me! But I think saying that we have enough for three phases is wild if your hunch is three scum

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
LaserGuy LaserGuy I just up and removed the "text color" option in my Preferences so all my text turned the default color. Hope that makes it easier to read my posts!! You should've told me before!!! Imagine how many other peoples' eyes I've been stressing LOL

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Do you usually let flips change your perspective of a slot (like, X flips town, how do you feel about A, B, C, etc.)?
Of course. Unless it's someone like Ninja for reasons that I already explained in #1464

So how come we have enough content for two additional day phases??????????????
This is originally BoomFrog's saying, but I know how to read the room. We are lynching Boom and UP today and tomorrow in whatever order. I think it is obvious that you should be lynched D4 but because others might disagree I already promised to do the necessary work when we get to it.

Plus if there's 3 scum I don't even think D4 is guaranteed. If we mislynch toDay wouldn't D3 be LyLo???
If Boom and UP are both Town then we're screwed anyway. But that's not the case.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
again you say, "not the case"
how do you know?
Like I "think" UP and Boom are both hits
but I don't know anything in actuality till a flip happens

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
## Boom
There is more concrete reasons to believe this is scum

Both UP and Boom are wolves still
But Boom feels like he could talk himself out of a Lynch, UP cant
This is actually something I completely agree on. Especially given Up’s past and the fact he hasn’t really talked himself out of them before when scum or town.

The other point that was made on Boom having a plan also makes sense. That again would tie nicely into his while lynch gambit from earlier.

##Unvote

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Given Up’s actions I’m Sorcerer I doubt he coordinates reads with his mates as he seems to like outside the box thinking during scum play like the previously mentioned voting a scumate day one. Given his plays I can’t see him do this nor do I believe I have when he was scum.

Doesn’t mean he can’t but it’s a point that can’t be proven or disproven, not that that changes his scummy appearance currently.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
again you say, "not the case"
how do you know?
Like I "think" UP and Boom are both hits
but I don't know anything in actuality till a flip happens
That's me being 1000% sure. I hope LaserGuy remembers the reference.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
:facepalm: Wow. I mean I'll take the compliment. Getting lynched over basically-claimed-scum would be an impressive addition to my resume. Even so, here's my wine filled counter argument.

I'd have coached UP better then this.

Sabrar and I snowed everyone (except Maven and Bessie) in crossover, and even managed to drag Red-Ryu to endgame despite him almost getting lynched day one. We took swipes at each other, and I had to push Red early so I could change my mind right before the lynch, but we never planned to get a teammate lynched. You don't win by getting lynched.

If I was mates with UP, I'd have taken the opportunity when Pythag talked about UPs meta to "change my mind" about him. I almost did anyway, it would have been easy to fake tipping over my read at that point.

But you think that the entire scum team imploded D1 and all hard bussed eachother? Your theory can't be that I'm a masterful player and incompetent simultaneously.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sabrar saying we have content for days is a bit of an exaggeration. We don’t know one way or another if boom or Up are fully scum. If one of them is town that can change the entire line of thinking currently and thus reset our progress for future days.

Saying we have all that content feels like a base for scum to bus the wrong players later but I could be wrong. Either way Sabrar should be re evaluated after the flip of Up or Boom

Top Bottom