• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
man if Ninja is a wolf, this will be the second game in a row,
where mafia had a super rough start

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean if we want to equate Ninja to a policy lynch on day 1
then sure

I can't say I don't agree with that post
but if he is a wolf, he is one of the worst wolves I've ever seen
#sorrynotsorry

ranmaru ranmaru
like take a chill pill or something
I actually like the aggressive town play( assuming Ran is town which I’m pretty sure they are) lol. It gets things done.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Oh **** yeah i'm a ****in idiot i did get that email about me just being a townie personal neighbor, and that's it.

Also, if I was wolf, why wouldn't I have changed my vote to someone OTHER then UP, like idk, THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVELY TALKING TO ME RIGHT NOW.

Anyways, view on UP real quick.
He's the only person i really suspect.. He practically immediately switched votes, was the one that started discussion on their being a potential wolf in the neighborhood, he always rolls scum, he was insisting on LaserGuy being scum then as soon as LaserGuy normally posted he not only backed off completely, but said he was almost certainly town. LaserGUy also said UP was almost certainly Town. As well, he keeps switching, from first heavily attacking Saber, then Laser, and then me. Of course, this applies to a decent amount of us, but he's the one who is doing it first and is starting the bandwagons, which is a very Mafia like thing to do.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Oh **** yeah i'm a ****in idiot i did get that email about me just being a townie personal neighbor, and that's it.

Also, if I was wolf, why wouldn't I have changed my vote to someone OTHER then UP, like idk, THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVELY TALKING TO ME RIGHT NOW.

He's the only person i really suspect.. He practically immediately switched votes, was the one that started discussion on their being a potential wolf in the neighborhood, he always rolls scum, he was insisting on LaserGuy being scum then as soon as LaserGuy normally posted he not only backed off completely, but said he was almost certainly town. LaserGUy also said UP was almost certainly Town. As well, he keeps switching, from first heavily attacking Saber, then Laser, and then me. Of course, this applies to a decent amount of us, but he's the one who is doing it first and is starting the bandwagons, which is a very Mafia like thing to do.
I'm just ignoring the first part for my own sanity at this point.

Why would you vote someone else if you were a wolf here I don't understand the argument here for why that makes you town.

You can't use he's always scum as a reason to scum read and be serious. Also why does that vote swap make him scum what is the purpose. Half of the game changed their view on laser because his first real post was good and made sense myself included.

Switching focus to different people is not a scum thing either unless they is negative agenda behind it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
While I formulate my reads, I want those that haven't yet, to start thinking of formulating ordered reads lists themselves, this way it forces scum to have to keep up with us posting ordered stances.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
From the admittedly little experience I have, constantly jumping accusations and bandwagons is very much so a sign of a mafia.

...I should just stop posting, I'm making myself look worse.
I'm seemingly cursed to always die first in my first game of mafia on a forum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
From the admittedly little experience I have, constantly jumping accusations and bandwagons is very much so a sign of a mafia.

Just keep joining games and try to learn from past mistakes. It’s tough but makes future games a lot more fun when you can progress as a player.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Just keep joining games and try to learn from past mistakes. It’s tough but makes future games a lot more fun when you can progress as a player.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
how did I get at the top of your list?
If you’re curious, I updated in in #209. I don’t think I can properly answer this question rn in mobile, because that would require me to go back and find quotes that I liked. However, you’ve made pretty solid points, have been completely reasonable, and have explained all of your deductions in the thread. While I’m not going to get any quotes for you right now, the act of you asking me why I think you’re town is pretty townie in and of itself. Scum would just accept their position as being townread and not call attention to said fact. You, though, are wondering why I’m townreading you so that you can sort me based off what I say (i.e. do I “already” know if you’re town or not). Because of that, couple with the fact that you’ve been helpful and productive, I have you as a comfortable townread. However, you’re currently being out-towned by other players at the moment because you’ve been making many NAI posts that I can’t read properly. But the right motivation appears to be there.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Going to tackle the 3DS stuff first because there's so much there, then I'll go and look at some other stuff. The key post is #118.
Laser: He keeps posting in only emotes, and since one person in the neighberhood is probably scum, and I know it isn't me, it's definently not Z25, and I don't think it's Wiisp, it has to be Laser by logical deduction.
His explanations are these:

Oh **** I misread the thing and thought Wiisp was in it.
Because the more I say, the more incriminated I get.

If I hadn't accidentelly mistaken Xivii for Wiisp for a hot second i would be in much less trouble.
I don't know that these really even fit the context of what he was saying above. If he was looking through each member of the neighborhood and actually thinking about what his reads were of us, I can't imagine he would have mistaken the fact that he was counting four people instead of three.

I didn't consult because I figured I could get Laser out of a bind and I just did it immediately once I saw that role-claiming was allowed.

Mostly the neighbor chat had me and Z25 questioning Laser's emoji posting.
That's not actually the reason that you

I still don't get this. How did you believe this would help me get out of a bind? Why did you believe that you needed to get me out of a bind and how would claiming help here? This also isn't consistent with what you said at the time you claimed:

So, you were trying to make the pool smaller by claiming neighborhood and then thinking no one in your pool is scummy?
Oh.
I didn't get any PM outside of the neighberhood, no.
Because the more I say, the more incriminated I get.

If I hadn't accidentelly mistaken Xivii for Wiisp for a hot second i would be in much less trouble.
It's no use. The more I speak the more people are gonna vote for me.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Okay, it's not so bad. I'll just carry on with my last few thoughts and hopefully it will be comprehensible.

I didn't consult because I figured I could get Laser out of a bind and I just did it immediately once I saw that role-claiming was allowed.

Mostly the neighbor chat had me and Z25 questioning Laser's emoji posting.
I still don't get this. How did you believe this would help me get out of a bind? Why did you believe that you needed to get me out of a bind and how would claiming help here?

This also isn't consistent with what you actually said at the time, which was that you wanted to make the pool smaller. Were you saying you thought the neighborhood was all cleared Town and everyone should look elsewhere?

I... don't really know what to say to this. I mean, your role PM obviously isn't posted in the neighborhood, nor is mine or 3DS'.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
That's exactly what I thought at the time LaserGuy. I thought Neighborhood meant confirmed town. I was wrong.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ninja, can you elaborate your read on Wisp?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm almost finished with the reads, but I'll continue this tomorrow as I'm tired. Have a good night thread.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Wiisp just seems like he's trying to make sense of what is happening. I'm leaning slight town there

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS doesn’t look scum to me.
makes me look harder at the rest of the neighborhood.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Gonna be doing reads today, in a calm and peaceful environment. So I'm not looking at anything beyond post #300 til I'm done.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
As well, he keeps switching, from first heavily attacking Saber, then Laser, and then me.
Maybe it’s not my place to comment, but I’m calling this a misrep. I don’t think I ever attacked Laser, as my PoV has always been that the emojis are not easy to read, but not necessarily scummy. So if I’m scummy from moving from Sabrar to you, then so be it. But let it be known that I was never onboard for lynching LaserGuy thus far in the game.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I have a fun game
Pretend Ninja isn't in this game
Find me another possible wolf
the horse is already dead

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jackrito Jackrito

Since you agree entirely with my #268, how does that affect your stance on Ninja? What does your stance on him become, with reasoning please.
You vote Pythag in your #170. Yet you seem to resolve your question with him in your #186. Does this change your stance on Pythag, and if so, why.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Was thinking along those lines too. What do you make of my naked vote in #290?
I'm curious about this. Can you elaborate further? Does your stance on Ninja change, or do you see something in addition to your Ninja read? If there is a change, please elaborate on what and why.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wiisp Wiisp I want you to put your money where your mouth is. I want to see a vote, a suspect. You seem to be engaged enough that you should be able to give content. So I want to see that. Also, you asked UP about his town read on you. He answers you in his #289. What is your conclusion to this?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Easy half almost done, so just posting it now.

In advance: I'm skipping to analyze a lot of interaction with Ninja. That is an easy avenue to generate content if you're scum and know Ninja's not but townies would similarly have a good reason to question them. If Ninja ever flips scum then obviously this will need to be reevaluated.

My first reaction to #33 was that BF can't be buddies with LaserGuy. I believe his reaction to my request would have been quite different in that case. After that there is really not much content until #173. To note BF did a gambit very similar to LG in an old game as Town, so his silence is not necessarily a sign of scummyness. Regarding #173 he makes a good point against #Jackrito, I will come back to the rest once I formed my own opinion on the other players. I will come back to #194 as well, I don't see at this point how Jackrito's proactivity would indicate the wrongness of his previous theory as it relates to a different aspect of his content... And actually that's it so far. What immediately strikes me as weird that he calls me reserved and wants to wait for more of my content while not providing much of his own.
And now that I have reviewed Jackrito I still don't get it. Please explain what you like in his later content, how it moved the game forward. Please don't focus on his interaction with Ninja for reasons given.
I think #54 is a mostly valid reaction from someone who is not used to such gambits but as BoomFrog observed the last part is a bit out of place. He's the first one to catch Ninja's mentioning of Wiisp in chat, I think that actually makes him unlikely to be Ninja's buddy. In #124 he calls LG's post restriction a 'lie', which is a poor choice of words as LG never stated it as such. The trouble here is that he's not making the attempt to understand LG's possible motivation to do it as town, but settles into the easy vote. Not a fan of #155, he talks a lot about how here UP differs from a previous game but in the end his read on them boils down to 'posts being good' without any explanation. Agrees with Wiisp's #163 which feels defensive and not an entirely correct observation. Don't like #170 either (especially with the #172 follow-up), it starts good with a solid reason given (against Pythag) but then just listing out other possible lynch-candidates feels fishy and the 'not wanting to spread focus' is just wrong. Don't see the reason to include the second sentence in #179, it shows an attempt at empathy that was previously lacking. Then we get a bit into OMGUS territory.
From #264: "anyone can say this person is town it takes a lot more work to say why someone is scum." So I don't see you actually calling anyone townie, you just have a lot of suspects. Can you try to name your top 2 for town and explain it?
Overall there's not a lot for me to like here. Strong scum-lean.
So you can sue me but I won't review his emojis as they can be explained in any direction you want. And again I will review #132 at a later time. For now my only comment is that he's wrong when he states that I tunnel him in all games D1. I tunnel someone in every game D1 but it doesn't have to be LG, it can be wam, Vicarin, jimbob or even bessie. Here I had no reason to tunnel him specifically as I knew what he was doing and wanted him to get his reactions to his gambit.
Unfortunately there's not a lot outside of this for me to analyze, so I'm done with this slot in 5 minutes, yay.
Another easy slot. Promises content in #232 but without follow-up. BF and LG know about my 'Lynch All Lurkers' policy (and I guess George as well). So yeah.
Not a lot of reads until #181 (except for a town!Ran which I agree with). I don't like his explanation for UP being that high ("not worried about him because of last game") but otherwise it looks reasonable. As Jackrito noted he has a lot of questions to others while not really providing content, but other than that nothing is pinging me about him. Early stance on Ninja being town feels townish to me. Slight town-lean for now but would love to hear his actual thoughts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar, since I have you here. All I want to ask you is why you have been less hyper active than usual. Overall I have no problems with you. I'm mostly curious about this. An explanation for your play would be much appreciated here as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a fun game
Considering most of the people in my Null reads I considered possible scum, I would probably take from there as my town reads I’m confident in.

Out of that though, I’d look at Maven or Bokm Frog. Part of it is my gut, but also because I feel like one of the two with a very low profile is scum trying to skate by early day one because if the long deadline.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Wiisp is also pinging me hard, but in more of a mood of wait and see with them since I have the most exp with them.
Wiisp Wiisp : Jackrito says you two have a lot of experience together. What do you think of Jackrito's play this game?

Jackrito Jackrito : Can you give an ordered list of who you think is most Town to most scum? I don't need reasons ATM, just the list is fine.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito

Since you agree entirely with my #268, how does that affect your stance on Ninja? What does your stance on him become, with reasoning please.
You vote Pythag in your #170. Yet you seem to resolve your question with him in your #186. Does this change your stance on Pythag, and if so, why.

I will start with the Pythag part It does not really resolve anything since scum can easily do what he is. Just because I understand it because I know people who do it that does not make him town. I'm in a wait and see what he does mode atm. Likely I review him in full today as well.

In regards to Ninja I can't disagree with what you say but all that does not make him scum it just makes him one of the worst town I have ever seen. If he was scum part of me feels like his Partner would coach him a bit more. I assume scum have day chat in games on this site. This just feels like a very solo effort and watching someone drown. If he does flip scum his teammate will of bussed him super early. That is my overall view.

The only way I vote him today is if I have no better option. Since like you say he is a liability and even if town will only hinder us in the long run. I hate approuchin people with that mindset though. So would rather take a chance on him then a half arsed guess on someone else.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I have a fun game
Why are you being more passive then me this game? I know you are trying different things but come on man. Your only real push was on meltdown man.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Quick question
LaserGuy LaserGuy : if you conclude in #132 that I'm scum who knew what you were doing, why do you not entertain the possibility that your reads on others is tainted by the simple fact that I would warn my buddies?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LaserGuy LaserGuy In the history of dgames, there have been indies. I don't recall any in a long while though. Yet I don't have any recollection of what Xiivi would use.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean there are 3 reasons
1. Final Fantasy 7
2. 40 hour work week
3. I was in another more fast paced game that was taken up slot of my time

The 3rd isn't a problem anymore

Top Bottom