• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What it means for Boom's alignment and Ninja's alignment from that comment, in your mind.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
What it means for Boom's alignment and Ninja's alignment from that comment, in your mind.
its hard to say how Boom would play
like it depends, if he isn't a town siding wolf, then its kinda dumb to point out reasons like that, to stop that easiest possible mislynch
Ninja would be town?

you said you like Boom's readlist, explain to me what was so great about it

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His readslist is average, but I didn't find anything to dislike about it. #173
I think what is telling is that he hasn't really updated his reads or talked about Ninja's recent play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag and Z: Since I have you two here, can you guys give me an updated reads list?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the forum I played, Mafia couldn't have roles besides Godfather and well, Mafia..

That's the key difference here. Here, Mafia can have any role and be mafia.
This is a fair point, but who says the mafia doesn’t have normal roles in this game like your forum?

What gives you the assumption that mafia don’t have normal roles? The OP makes mention of different roles but does not inherently say scum will have these roles.

So how did you come to seeing conclusion?

Maven89

Smash Master
This is a fair point, but who says the mafia doesn’t have normal roles in this game like your forum?

What gives you the assumption that mafia don’t have normal roles? The OP makes mention of different roles but does not inherently say scum will have these roles.

So how did you come to seeing conclusion?
This is something anyone can figure out without trying, so why are you asking it?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I am so damn confused...
the whole neighbor situation led me to believe all the mafia had special roles or some **** like that

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
... this is what happens when you don't play mafia for a year...

ugh i'm such a goddamn idiot

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.10

Ninja (3) - Laser, Ran, Jack, [L-3]

Utopian (2) - Sabrar, Boom

Sabrar (1) - Utopian

Maven (1) - pythag

Ran (1) - Ninja

Boom (1) - Wisp

Not Voting (2)
Maven, Z25

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

P3-P4*
Z25 #Unv

P4-P5*
Laser #Sabrar
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja
Sabrar #Unv
Sabrar #UP
Jack #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Ninja

P5-P7*
Jack #pythag
Boom #Unv
Boom #Maven
Wiisp #Ninja

P7-P9*
Wiisp #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Boom

P10
Jack #Laser

P12
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Boom #Unv
Boom #UP

P13-15*
Laser #Unv
Laser #Ninja
Ninja #Unv
Ninja #Ran
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja

P15-P18*
Jack #Ninja
Wisp #Ninja
Wiisp #Boom

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag Pythag Z25 Z25 Not sure if you guys saw, but would like to see you guys give an updated reads list. I am going to sleep now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pythag and Z: Since I have you two here, can you guys give me an updated reads list?
Sure:

Town:
Ran
Jack
Pythag
Sabar

Town leans:
Laser
Boom Frog

Null:
Wisp

Scum:
Up
3ds
Maven

Most of these should be pretty self explanatory but I’ll explain a few;

Pythag has improved a lot in quality of posts and they seem to be getting more engaged in solving.

Laser’s also increased in contributions and it feels like he has strong intent to ask questions but would still like to more still from him.

Boom I feel better about now that they have been here more, but again would like to hear more.

Wiisp has content but I don’t have anything one way or another from it. Depending on the flip today( especially if it’s 3ds) I will be reevaluating the slot more.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is something anyone can figure out without trying, so why are you asking it?
I mean that response they gave should answer you this.

They made it very clear that they haven’t played in a long time but still if they only played vanilla setup, there is no reason for them to think like that when they haven’t been in this situation before, at least imo. It’s logic that doesn’t add up, as someone not familiar with different setups likely would not think this right off the bat unless they had knowledge of it by being of that alignment

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wiisp might start being my favorite player to read.

because given his playstyle a lot of the time, I think he deserves more time
Wiisp > don't try to meta Jack
Also Wiisp > Jackj

Town:
Wiisp might start being my favorite player to read.

because given his playstyle a lot of the time, I think he deserves more time
Wiisp > don't try to meta Jack
Also Wiisp > Jack's playstyle requires more time.

I don't think it's scummy, I think it's funny.

Town:
Ranmaru - play style just sells me immediately as town ran. Agressive, trying to solve,

Sabrar - I actually liked his response to Ran's big post. maybe because I was thinking some similar things. I appreciate a lot of Ran's content, even if I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions (See: whatever mafia game where Ran was convinced that osieorb was scum)

UtopianPoyzin - given with how wrong UP was about Kary last game (a non cc'd bulletproof that up was determined to lynch), and also seeing his play style here, I don't exactly think this is scummy UP. Maybe it's a tonal thing.

??? :
Jackrito - I don't know what to make of the guy.
LaserGuy - some good posts, though his slot (and z25's) are now linked to the 3ds flip.
Z25 - upon reread, perhaps there was no reason for z25 to ping me. I still having nagging doubts, but I'm trying to quiet them. slot is now also dependant upon a 3ds flip.
Maven - man I want him to be town, but he hasn't posted like anything

Scummy :
3DSNinja - crazy rapid shift in play, initially I'll gave benefit of the doubt, but I think keeping 3ds around actually causes more problems for all of us.
noob town, noob scum, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'm going off of what others have said with noob scum actions. Because perhaps I was giving too much benefit of the doubt.
BoomFrog - I typically see UP as lynch bait, so those that are circling or trying to give UP enough rope to hang himself always ping me.

Pythag has improved a lot in quality of posts and they seem to be getting more engaged in solving.
Lol, you mean since I stopped focusing on you? :p

Lol, you mean since I stopped focusing on you?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
holy cow.

How do I always manage to mess up my posts in such a colossal way?

I like triple posted in my own post.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Sabrar's case on UP is that he can't justify his early reads list and actions which means they were not coming from a tonwie POV of actually trying to accomplish anything. I won't go into more detail, and I don't have time to find it for you.

My case against UP is that he keeps retroactively changing what he is saying his opinion of people is. Mostly outlined here: #639 by me. However his explinations (next like three posts) make sense, it seems like he exaggerates his positions to make his current point, but his thinking is fairly consistent. But he still does a lot of stuff without any real justification. So he seems like scum trying to justify things after the fact, or he's town acting spastically to cause chaos and generate reads. But the thing that bugs me is he's never said that's what he's doing, so I'm finding it hard to see the townie mindset.

Best example is he said Wiisp was town for reading UP as town, then later said Wiisp was null for the same thing, then when I called him on it he just said, yeah they are Null-town.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
The Case of the UP Contradiction (part1)

UP calls LG null but more scummy than null in #94.
Laser is null. There is no way to scumread Laser as of right now. Posting one emoji at a time might be unhelpful, but its certainly nothing to freak out over. Granted from what limited I can read from them, I'm reading them just slightly more scummy than null, but I don't see it as anything to hard push right now.
UP makes a list in #95 that is ordered but everyone besides Wiisp and myself are yellow (aka nulls).

Wiisp
Jackrito
Ranmaru
Maven
BoomFrog
Z25
Pythag
LaserGuy
3DSNinja
Sabrar
I first point out #94 in #326.

UP reacts in #372
The only reason that I had them slightly below null just into the scum territory is due to the way that my PoE cookie crumbled during the drafting stages. I found more people to be more townie than LaserGuy, so I naturally filled in the blanks and assumed that LaserGuy was just trying to conceal information.
This implies that the list was ordered and there was actual reasons for putting people above LG.

Wiisps asks the reasons for that order in #441.

UP skips the question in #452, insisitng that the list doesn't matter because it has been updated.
The only reason that I had them slightly below null just into the scum territory is due to the way that my PoE cookie crumbled during the drafting Wtf I’ve told you multiple times that I’ve updated the list lol. This is an old list
I point this out in #509 and ask him to provide the reasons for that ordering.

This is UP's reply from #569
I'm not about to try to justify my very first readslist where everybody in the yellow was null. But I suppose that there was some feeling in there, so I guess I can rack my mind and try to fumble something together from my initial thoughts, which I'll have you know I updated. Nobody seems to remember that this is v1 of 3 versions.

I liked Jack's early posts I think.
Pythag was near the middle because nothing pinged me.
I think I've touched on Sabrar several times but I might not have. Banking on the former.
He insists he shouldn't have to justify it because it's updated. That is not the case.

This is me from #575
You produced that order and what's more important you later explicitly defended it when you said LG was slight scum-lean due to PoE because you found others townier.
He is still refusing to answer in #599
I'm not going to talk about the first one because this is you just telling me that I'm scum.

Summary: UP produced an ordered read-list, in some posts he claims that the yellows are all null, in others he claims that there were reasons for that specific order. He is unwilling/unable to give those reasons despite multiple prodding.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
The Case of the UP Contradiction (part2)

UP switches during RVS to me in #13 because
Didn't like their opener
Just for reference, I continue my RVS joke in #35 and bring up LG's emoting.

UP makes his case against me in #201:
Don't like the opening. I've seen in time and time again where a scummer reaches out and appeals to a townie to give themselves a connection and make it harder for that person to scumread them later on.
Posting restrictions are not inherently scummy and justifying your vote with one is pretty sus. Even if he was faking the posting restriction, you were quick to jump with "oh they must be scum because of it" in the third sentence.
So because I'm 'justifying' my vote it implies that he considers it serious.

Later when asked about it he states in #572:
I never said your vote was serious. However, you were still appealing to a townie early on to make them be more in favor of you.
So according to this my vote was obviously not serious.

Finally, when I point out the contradiction he says this in #599:
As for the second bit, you justified your vote in your second post with saying that LG was faking the post restriction, and then saying that you spotted scum D1 because of it. It sounded to me like you were looking for a reason to keep your vote on LG. While the first post was serious, you continued this line of reasoning later. There wasn't any obviously-joking D1 ****posts, it was straight down to business with a justification for your vote.
So now my first post was indeed serious and not joking.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I am so damn confused...
the whole neighbor situation led me to believe all the mafia had special roles or some **** like that
ranmaru ranmaru How can you take this level of confusion? The dude really has no idea what is going on. I know you literally faked extra confusion in your first game as scum, but most people aren't that competent. Like, this could be fake, it's not impossible, but odds are 3DS is a bad lynch.

And, please don't lower your opinion of me for not doing something. I have limited time and choose how I spend it. So if you feel I made a post that wasn't worthwhile that's a ligit criticism, but don't lower my scum rank because I didn't update a read, unless you have a different post you think I shouldn't have made. You don't judge Maven for low participation, just for how he participates, please extend me the same consideration.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar, I really had almost no thoughts on Utopians #183 post you linked to me. All I see is a guy trying really hard to be chummy, which I don't see as scum or town.
The reason I asked you to look at that is because to me it's a similar introspective question, where you ask others if the way you behave is valid or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ranmaru ranmaru How can you take this level of confusion? The dude really has no idea what is going on. I know you literally faked extra confusion in your first game as scum, but most people aren't that competent. Like, this could be fake, it's not impossible, but odds are 3DS is a bad lynch.

And, please don't lower your opinion of me for not doing something. I have limited time and choose how I spend it. So if you feel I made a post that wasn't worthwhile that's a ligit criticism, but don't lower my scum rank because I didn't update a read, unless you have a different post you think I shouldn't have made. You don't judge Maven for low participation, just for how he participates, please extend me the same consideration.
regards of his alignment, his survival hurts town.
if he’s scum, he gets away and who knows if we even get back to lynching him.

If he’s town, then he is really inexperienced here and thus a liability. Scum could manipulate that and if he’s alive in late game he make it very difficult for town to believe him with everything that’s happened, and could easily be pushed into a mis lynch late game which would hurt town a lot.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I don't really know how to fit the 3DS puzzle together at this point. The tone and style change wildly from day to day and there doesn't seem to be any consistency in terms of what they know about mafia or how much experience they have. 3DS says that they have played forum mafia before (on multiple forums, possibly, if I'm interpreting #79 correctly), and apparently follows these forums at least closely enough to have known that UP has a tendency to roll scum a lot, but I have a really hard time connecting that to the posts above where 3DS seems to be claiming they basically have no idea how power roles work.

Spoiler alert: here I'm being purposely chaotic due to the long day lengths to try to see what people think about the things that I do.
So the change in style from Sorceror is deliberate and probably NAI for this game. I'll give you a bit of credit for honesty about it, but I've seen "I'm just trying something different to see what happens" coming from both Town and scum so it's only a small amount of credit.

BoomFrog - I typically see UP as lynch bait, so those that are circling or trying to give UP enough rope to hang himself always ping me.
Why do you feel this way about BoomFrog, but not Sabrar?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I

Why do you feel this way about BoomFrog, but not Sabrar?
I think it's mostly a tonal thing at this point.
boom frog seems happy to flatten the case just to find up suspicious
Sab seems to be following through.

Those are both probably unfair generalizations, but I'm just going through how I felt about them

Also Pythag Pythag , I think it got lost in the formating issue, but you have Wiisp as a townread, right?
yup.

Top Bottom