• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O hai gaiz!!! ready to Bawrl!?!

Skrah

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=1474]O hai gaiz!!! ready to Bawrl!?![/drupal]

Today, I was skimming through the User Blogs and saw a thread. It was titled Was up. Irritated, I clicked it. It was about some guy called Silentprotector making a blog about something that clearly went into the Meet and Greet board. So anyways, I, being kind of annoyed, typed in the exact words, "Oh God.. Please someone sticky The Dont's of blogging" again.

Ok, a bit after I posted, I started feeling bad. I felt like a prick. I mean, why didn't I just say "Hi" or even just ignore the blog altogether. Instead, I was a total jerk to someone who barely knew wth was going on. I mean, that happened to me too. Once I was a little noob, and in some ways I'm still a newbie.

I tried sending him a message saying sorry, but she (I think she's a she, since she's called Ana) didn't have visitor messages on. Anyways, Silentprotector, if you are reading this by some chance, I'm sorry. I really am. And welcome to SWF. I'll befriend you. k? K.

Anyways, what I want to tell you guys is that, don't be a prick. Don't do what I did. Really, it doesn't pay off to be a jerk. Be nice to people, even if they post the most idiotic post you've ever seen. Who knows, that person may well turn out to be your best mate in SWF.

finalark

SNORLAX
Funny thing about that Skrah... a number of hours ago I sent her a messages that basically said, "these guys aren't as big of pricks as they made themselves out to be. They're just under a lot of stress do to a reworking in the guidelines of the user blogs section." So I think I took care of it already. And next time don't give your blog a title like ya did this one, alright?

Skrah

Smash Ace
Mmk lol, though the title actually fits pretty good to what I'm talking about.

Actually, you were the only one to be nice enough to redirect her to th appropiate blog.

Scott!

Smash Lord
That's pretty nice of you to make a public apology, Skrah. And the message here is one that most everyone on here could use well on occasion. We've all said jerky things at times, whether it's bashing a n00b thread, mocking someone's choice of which Smash game they prefer, or just calling someone out as an idiot. And they might even have deserved it. But that doesn't make it right. I'm far from blameless, but I do try to read and reread all my posts before I make them. And there have been times I've just not made a post because it wasn't nice. Other times, I make them anyway cause I'm mean or angry. But yeah. Good for you.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol, I'm a massive c**t and I'm proud.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The purpose of posting blogs or replying to them is to say your opinion on what the topic is at hand, right?

I'm pretty sure that even though you probably could've just said a friendly hello, redirecting him/her to the other place wouldn't have been so bad.

I'll admit that being nice pays off, whenever I intentionally try to make a fool out of somebody it always comes back to haunt.

...That one newbie is now an active member of this forum, almost having 2,000 posts (if not already) since January.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
If you feel thst bad, somethings wrong.
It's not that hard to read the forums section titles.
And it's not that hard to be an idiot. I'm one professionally.

Nice, Skrah. I don't like being a prick either, despite the fact people entitle me various nicknames ranging from *******, *******, dirtbag, Dr. Cox, ******* and so on because of my infamous nature to be a jerk; little do they know, I'm actually a kind person.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mean, everyone is a jerk one time or another. It's just an urge, I know. But I just had all this stress and I just took it on Silentprotector, who actually seems like a nice girl.

finalark

SNORLAX
I got a message back from her. She basically said that she understands now and can get like that too when she's under stress, like we all were that day.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Stress can be a drag - it can easily cloud people's judgement, inciting them to temporarily forget their manners. Once that happens, all sorts of sour opinions and uncalled for remarks spring out.

I find that the pricks who act like there's nothing at all controversial about their approach are just pricks. Nothing more complicated than that.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Lol, I'm a massive c**t and I'm proud.
roflmao.

But yeah, it takes a man (or butch) to make a thread to apologize to a newcomer. This goes back to my Respected Member guide. You just have to help people out. There are always going to be people who lack forum etiquette. I've watched many people grow from when they first joined until now. This is just the web, but it is STILL a community.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I know her quite well, I explained to her to not make an intro thread, not a blog. Shes learned her lesson, and shes good now.

(On a side note, her english is a smidge broken, so thats probably why, specially since shes used to Gaia, thus the blog)

Still, Ill tell her u apologized over what u said.

Silentprotector

Smash Cadet
I accept your applogie 100%. And like Devil says my english is broken.... i lack in writting but not in speaking. And it is i who should applogize. i really didn't mean to well ..nvm i think we should just move on if this proplem is know fixed. no need to be repeating what happened. Sorry for maing u fell terrible

finalark

SNORLAX
I accept your apologies 100%. And like Devil says my English is broken.... I lack in writing but not in speaking. And it is I who should apologize. I really didn't mean to well ..nvm I think we should just move on if this problem is now fixed. No need to be repeating what happened. Sorry for making u feel terrible
Relax, it's a thing of the past. Just let it go an move on, and enjoy your time at SWF.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
My respect level just went up for Skrah, good job. :)

One of the worst things that could happen as a new (innocent) member is getting flamed and not being greeted. I encourage you all to go look through the Meet & Greet threads every now and then and greet people with no replies to thier threads!

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I am like that too,
Sometimes I think I AM THE LAW, and about an hour
later, I feel horrible about it, and hate myself for it.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah, it's hard not to be a total **** sometimes, but you have to remember that even though a thread's been remade x amount of times, some people are new and just don't know that.

And you have to remember that people don't use the search function or read the rules >_>

I go with the friendly reminder the first time and only really get angry at the repeat offenders.

Oracle

Smash Master
Wow this is a stupid thread
The OP must be really dumb

But yeah, sometimes it's hard not to be a douche :(
Doubt anyone remembers Xona, but if you do, you'll understand what i mean

Skrah

Smash Ace
I don't think I deserve any merit lol.

I probably made you feel worse, so thanks for forgiving me Silentprotector.

This thread probably is stupid, but maybe some people learned a thing or two from this, so it's all good.

Top Bottom