• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 2, OK Tournament *Planning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

bowser is a cheap punk...but yeah, sounds awesome.

austin: house rules are that i can poke you in the eyes when i feel like it.
with that agreed upon, i'll think about it.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Whoa, wtf happened to bottom tier? Oh yea, they recently made the tiers all ******** and crap. in that case I can use Zelda, Kirby, or G&W! Yayz!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
and ferro- i live off HW9 and SE24th
Mind if I drop by tomorrow (Monday) some time? It is one of my only two days off this week and I'll want something to do. My other is Thursday in case you want to know...

Smash with a complete stranger = better than sitting on my fat rear doing nothing all day.:laugh:

Gravity

Smash Ace
its alright that hes a complete stranger, cuz hes cool. even though that doesnt mean much coming from a complete stranger.

anyway, today ill make sure of my availability for the dates listed, and post back later.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
crap, i have things to do today...like ALL day. and wednesday, so i hope that's not your other day off. if your other day off is tuesday, thursday, or friday, i'm up for it. and if you want to smash a little this weekend that'd be cool, too.

i'll PM you my address and phone number. my name's alex, btw :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, JesusFreak if I don't fight you in the tournament then I'll play you in a $1 MM so it'll be like I did fight you in the tournament :laugh: Same goes for some other people, like AustinRC and FastLikeTree, and probably Chang and Drew as well.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hey Coty, how long did it take your tournament directorship request to process?
it's cool if i don't get it, i'm just wondering when i'll know.
or, drew, if you're out there, do you know?

p.s.- saturday i am driving around to all 16 possible locations and checking them out!

if the place costs money to rent out, would you guys rather pay a small entrance fee, or have it taken out of the entry fee money. it's all about paying more or the few winners getting a little more. oh, capitalism. wtf.
anyway, tell me what you guys prefer. thanks :)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
p.s.- saturday i am driving around to all 16 possible locations and checking them out!

if the place costs money to rent out, would you guys rather pay a small entrance fee, or have it taken out of the entry fee money. it's all about paying more or the few winners getting a little more. oh, capitalism. wtf.
anyway, tell me what you guys prefer. thanks :)
I think it would probably be best to increase the entry fees(maybe like an extra $5). Most tournaments I've been to have been in the region of between $15-$20. I believe that's primarily to cover venue costs. Plus, you're looking to provide food and drinks for everyone at apparantly no additional charge-- that's a very important thing that most tournament organizers overlook; that food ain't cheap... So in the end, I'm comfortable with paying an extra $5 if it ensures we get a large enough venue for all the people we have coming here.

Oh, also, I just realized that having it Dec. 20-21 would be the absolute best dates for me.

There's my two cents...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
food and drink won't be free, it will be there to buy (no profit for us, just resell) so they don't have to drive around a town they don't know looking for food. though they are free to, of course.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Yeah driving around last time wasn't so fun. Especially when we were trying to go somewhere that our guide didn't even know how to get to.

Heathq

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I hope he comes so we can team. :p Also, AustinRC told me has has quite a few MMs. As of now I only have one $5 with Po and one $1 with Rasta. Any other Oklahoma ppl (or other states that aren't TX) wanna step up? :chuckle:

I might have mentioned it already it the oklahoma thread but if I didn't then I'll do a 1$ dk ditto with you. Also 1-5$ regular match if you want.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Yeah driving around last time wasn't so fun. Especially when we were trying to go somewhere that our guide didn't even know how to get to.

hey hey hey!
i wasn't the official host, don't blame me.plus, brett(scud) knew i messed up the directions but failed to say anything until after you guys left. blah.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey, either way its better than kansas, who cancelled a tourny THE DAY it was on, and then we didnt know until like an hour before we were gonna leave...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Do any of OK's best wanna MM me at this? I'm cool playing anyone and everyone, but I'd like a shot at Shade, KOS-MOS, and Vega. If it'll make you any more willing, I'll use DK. :)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Well, I feel humiliated... Here I was thinking I might actually be dangerous and what happens?

I was destroyed by Hazy...:dizzy:

Out of two soild hours of gameplay, I only won two matches and came close to winning about three others. I have officially concluded that I can only beat him if he's using G&W or Kirby. Anyone else, and he will tear me up.

BTW: Hazy, I left my sunglasses there. I'll pick them up next week, just leave them someplace where we'll see them.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
You lost to Reno? Thats so sad, the only thing worse than losing to Reno is losing to Gravity.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
and the only thing wqorse than losing to gravity is losing to me
and the only thing worse than losing to me is losing to a n00b that just started playing 3 hours ago

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Okay, just in my defense... I'd like to make two points.

1) Rno has had more experience in competative play than I have. He lives in a neighborhood in which there are other people his age willing to play the game. I do not have either of these. I live out in the middle of nowhere and the only neighbors I have are in their fourties. I also have never played on a competative level as he you guys have. Therefore, it only makes since that he would be better than I am. I knew he was going to beat me...I just didn't think it would be as bad as it was.

2) He didn't dominate...only destroy. I beat him twice, and came close to beating him (meaning we both had one life and high perentage) another 3-4 times. In EVERY match except maybe 5-6, I got him down to two lives just before he took out my last one. All things considered...I held my ground against him pretty good. He said that he had a couple friends who were about my level and would try to get them to come over next time I drop in.

Just two things I thought you should take into consideration...;)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haha, ferro, they're only joking anyway. it's basically an inside joke here that the better you are...the worse you're treated. gravity is great, best samus in the state, ranked third in power rankings, yet we pretend to be ashamed if we lose to him because of people's earlier statements about being able to beat him. and, sine vegafuse didn't even...well, he did the power rankings, just decided to purposefully lose every match, we call him the worst in the state, even though he's top 3, for sure.

no one really goes aorund honking my horn, and i don't do it myself, but i'm an alright player. i can hold my own against...pretty much everyone but kuni. zinth and i went toe-to-toe, and i would have gone toe-to-toe or even beaten chris if i wasn't addicted to killing myself at around 10% damage :p

i'm sure by OHSNAP everyone's skill will change. err, hopefully mine will, but i need some fox training, because he ***** me!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Wait a second.................. Have I ever played against you Reno? I can't seem to recall, it would be a bit surprising if I haven't :eek:

JesusFreak said:
Do any of OK's best wanna MM me at this? I'm cool playing anyone and everyone, but I'd like a shot at Shade, KOS-MOS, and Vega. If it'll make you any more willing, I'll use DK.
Sure, I'll MM you. I guess we can go 3/5 with Moast/MLG rules. I prefer double blind picks, but it's whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom