• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 2, OK Tournament *Planning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Indeed? Why do I have to be a Conservative/Traditionalist at the tender age of 19, and in this era? (And in the only county in TX that Kerry won in '04 lol) <.<;

And I do value my vote, and my politics. (one of the only 4 things you can make me mad by insulting). I'm even considering majoring in Poli Sci. I'm glad that you seem open minded tho, or at least respectful of others' views. I look forward to playing and meeting you. We may have quite a bit to talk about. :p

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my sister is a poli sci major, her best friend is a lawyer, i'm practically doused in politics :p

sure. even though, it is very rare for people to change their minds from discussion, and my sister is moderate, her best friend conservative, so i've heard mostly every thing there is to say from both arguements, but it's still good to talk.
alex <3s MSNBC

kerry wasn't my favorite candidate. i would have picked liberman, or at least dean. but since dean cares about what he says, he's apparently not professional enough to appeal to the democratic party as a presidential candidate. oh well.

i pretty much tolerate everything but hate. i'm not a fan of the hardcore conservative westboro baptist church(even if you don't agree with something, and even if you care to argue strongly, as least respect the quality of their life, family, and friends), or of the non-mature animal liberation front (i'm an animal rights activist but i don't condone teleological ethics of breaking into labs and destroying crap, ya know). so besides advocates of hate or violence, i can get along with just about anyone. as chris fafalios would say, "all the haters can suck it" :)

edit: haha, JF, what are the other three things that can make you mad by someone insulting it?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
The other three things are my friends, my family, and my religion. I'm not easily angered, and I tend to laugh at myself often.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it does, DoH, watch the movie.
it's about the clash between capitalism and communism in the late 80s, that's why it's an hour long. it's really interesting.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
i tolerate everything
i dont care wut other ppl think bout me or anyone else
ill let them think wut they want
i hav a frend who is an illegal alien and a frend who is republican beyond all reason
now i guess u could say i wouldnt like hanging around a cold blooded killer
but theres not alot of ppl who do
that and pedophiles *shivers* they seem like sum creepy ppl
i could go on and on about judging ppl by wut they are in jail/prison for

of course just cause i tolerate everthing doesnt mean i dont have my own values

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
that made no sense and was contradictory, Gt. good job :p

i don't see a reason to dislike pedophiles. not unless they've acted upon it does it really become a problem to other people.

yeah, and also you have FRIENDS who are this way. the weird thing about me is...
my paternal grandparents (mexican side) were migrant workers
my maternal grandparents (german side) were neo nazis

though my father had two degrees (one as an electrician, the other as a computer technician), and was the head of the department where he worked for about 11 years, when i was a kid, my grandfather(maternal) would always ask me if my spick dad had found a job yet :\
and of course, my mexican grandfather disliked my mother because of her...not being a devout catholic.

crazy times. my parents were also ridiculously crazy, but in a good way in some aspects, mostly my mother.

JF: i am agnostic, but, i have 2 close muslim friends, a ba'hai sister, 1 buddhist friend, 2 jewish friends(and bandmates!), and about 5 friends all from different denominations of christianity (from unification to unitarian), along with the athiest and agnostic friends.
so, i think i'd be the last person to judge someone's religion, or judged someone based on their religion.

AAAAANYWHO
back to smash...
no school friday= alex is calling/visiting places that are possible venues for ohsnap 2

edit: still no confirmed date. my sister is being a *****. i don't know what's going on in terms of christmas.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
well hey its not a competition

wow german neo nazi and mexican grandparents

and religion is a pointless thing to judge
its their belief let them belive it
no one knows whos rite

i for one think we are ALL rite and all of the Gods are after life
and atheists can believe wut they want thats not bad

BACK TO THE SMASH
ahh cant wait for the date
any way u could tell us of venues ull be checking out

TO GUITAR HERO 2
all i have is Hangar 18 and then
FREE BIRD!!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i am checking out:

11 hotel suites with conferance rooms.
4 rooms owned by the college.
a local music venue that is almost out of business and might love to see us.
3 recreation centers.
the old train station (wouldn't that be kickass).

that's a lot of places to scope out :\

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Matt, I thought telling you that depression is all in your head also made you mad?

Cuz you know, I'm right, its a mind thing

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah zinth, they are all in norman. most of them are by the west side, about 7 of the hotels are within walking distance from chilis, ihpo, soupersalad, olive garden, johnny carinos, red robin, burger king, mcdonald's, jason's deli, apple bees, charlestons, on the border, othellos, and everything in the mall (from el chico to auntie anne's to chick-fil-a, sonic, and subway).

so much food (one in three commercial buildings is a food establishment in norman.)

and in driving distance within 5 minutes, there's a little bit more. including a wendy's, which i DO know how to get to. :p

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
IHOP lol
shade

reno thats alot of variety

good god free bird is ****in hard
its just the same thing repeating kinda
but REALLY FAST

of course theres this extra bonus song by
Bucket Head called Jordan
look it up
its crazy

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hmm, the hotels sound pretty good location-wise. The old train station sounds pimp-***, but I'm guessing it isn't too close to any restaurants, lol.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i say abandoned train station. and then well play smash and like....trains will go by or something...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it's abanonded...trains wouldn't go by. man, andy, way to make no sense :p

actually, train station is on mainstreet, fewer resteraunts walking distance, but a lot driving distance. if you drive for a few minutes, you can even reach all those other resteraunts i mentioned :)

and i know you can host stuff there, but i don't know about the facilities, or about the pricing and times we could do anything. so yeah.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well if its abandoned, then would it have electricity? and plumbing/working bathrooms?

and since no trains go by, we could smash on the tracks....its still awesome.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haha, no, it's been like, renovated and usually middle aged people rent it for parties they are too old for. i saw some drunk guy walk out and yell about sex once. it was...awkward, to say the least. but funny. oh, and it was on christmas eve.

hotel suites and OU rooms seem to be the best choices, a rec center might be too hot (though i know for sure you can do lock ins) and the other choices are less reliable.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
for my 500th post...

k, so, some ideas for the tourny. yay or nay them, please.

only singles and doubles will be for money. crew may be for chump change, but no huge reward, mainly just pride. low-tier will also be free of charge.
here are the ideas for crew battles, please tell me what you think:

crew idea 1: good old fashioned crew battles. 5 people per team, any team you want. 20 stock per team (sorry, no 4-people teams with 5-stock each, just 5-people teams with 4-stock each)

crew idea 2: location. okc, whatever else ok can scramble up, dallas/ftw, kansas, austin, houston, etc. bracket.

crew idea 3: same as 2, but a round robin.

crew idea 4: jumbled location or opposite location. so i just had this idea, sounds fun. same as crew idea 1, but with a maximum of 2 people per state per team. it would be interesting, it would get people out of their spheres, it would be unpredictable. i dunno, though.

and, i'll have the ruleets posted by the end of the weekend, and ask for opinions on that when i get to it. there will soon be an official PLANNED OHSNAP2 thread, and it might be in that, so look out! :p :)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Once again...complete domination on Reno's part against me.

Managed to beat him twice again; once against his Peach and the other against...uh...who was it again? I've slept since then so I forgot who it was.

I almost beat his Zelda until he got cheap and changed to Shiek in the last five seconds of the match...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Idea 1: nay

For crew battles, I like both ideas one and two, so I'm not sure which to yay or nay out of those. Altho te other 2 crew idea you mentioned are creative, I say nay to them. Soeaking of crew battles, we should try Wes' weird crew thing. We've only done it once down here, but it was hella fun.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Matt...How are you getting there? If it is by car is the car full? Because I want to go and can supply gas money >_>.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Regional crews sound fun. I predict an Austin v Dallas finals, kekeke.

I'll have to see what Wes' idea is like though - is it like Draft crews?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
No, it's not draft crews at all. Bah, I'll have to get him or Chang or someone hwo understands it to post about it hehe.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
zinth, you shade and gravity are considered part of the okc crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom