• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 2, OK Tournament *Planning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
This tourny looks like its gonna be pretty good. I dont think DSF is really gonna come, but we will see...I think I can take him.
Lolz.

Anyway, apparently my school's winter break starts on the 20th, with is perfect. Ideal dates for the tournament would be the 20-21 (though itd have to start a bit later on the 20th), 21-22, or 22-23. I would really highly suggest one of those three dates, cause it'll suck if Austin can't make this.

KOS-MOS may be better than Shade, but Shade is still very good, as I am now realizing the level of his skill.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
May? Id have to disagree with that, he IS better than shade. Next MLG watch out, OKlahoma is gonna mess them pros up!

Speaking of MLG. Tune in on the USA channel November 18th at 10am to see MLG Dallas, and try and find team Oklahomies!!!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
w00t for mlg footage. i'm totally tivo'ing it.

aaand dallas is a priority over austin. they are OHSNAP vets. i still hope the rest of texas can make it, though. :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
w00t for mlg footage. i'm totally tivo'ing it.

aaand dallas is a priority over austin. they are OHSNAP vets. i still hope the rest of texas can make it, though. :)
What's the point of holding another tournament if only the same people can make it though? Either way, I'm sure everyone interested will be available at one time anyway.

God dammit, MLG is too white. **** Halo.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I wish they would even out smash/halo 2, I actually just want to see myself in it!

Whered you here about these press confrences?

dcx1287

Smash Lord
They showed Ken being lifted up in the preview, so theres some hope.
True but in general the Halo 2 : Smash ratio in the preview was 99 : 1. I think they will mention Ken as the undisputed champion of smash along with perhaps ranks 2 and 3 plus Azen since he's caused commotion in the ranks, but that's about it.

I feel the focus and progression of the show, in terms of inter-gamer drama, will be on Halo 2.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well duh, ofcourse halo is going to be showed more than smash. Halo is more popular than smash, alot of their money comes from halo2 and not smash.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
they recorded a lot of stuff with ken, killaOR(they started doing that because of his true gamer segment), and...i forgot the last one, i think it's azen.

they are focusing on 3 or 4 halo gamers, too. the girl mlg sponsers, k4rma, one of the ogres, and...maybe someone else, can't remember exactly.

but yeah, they are focused on people, not so much on the general experience.
but smash is going to get a good 1/3 of the show, while halo gets about 2/3.
someone mentioned if they make it past the 6 episode stretch, they'll start including some tekken 5 ****, too. w00ts.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
well, mlg only picks out a few games to sponser...maybe it'll be tekken 6, but who knows what other competitive games will compete with halo and smash...

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Smash is the ****, and anybody who wants more games to take away from smash are lil *****es.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
FINALLY! A tournament I can attend!

I live like twenty miles from Norman...I'll definatly be attending this one. I'll even join in it (even though I KNOW I'll be eliminated in the first round.)

Just give me the date and I'll be there.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
ok im gonna try to cover several things at once again...

mlg rules are gay because of their two game pools and the gay stage selections they had (at dallas for instance) JF im not familiar with the MOAST rules... i didnt start even playing smash till well after MOAST 3 (ive not kept up on them as i know nothing about them lol) dont get me wrong, i do think there should be a good variety of counterpick stages... but not so many ******** ones... for instance, brinstar and mute city, jiggs levels, gay... the weekly i played in my stay at az a couple weeks ago had mute city as a random level, wtf? if brinstar and mute city are to be allowed, then i think rainbow cruise should be too (ken and isai love this level).

and... i dont want to say this but... the 23rd is the only day id be able to make it. and it would be really cool because chucky is going to be here and we're pretty much making trevyn (zarelid) come.

ps: i still like the idea of low-tier teams... i dont think it's ever been done.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Actually, low tier teams was done at MLG Houston in '05 and I did it at one of the WtYM tourneys I hosted. I can't remember which one, tho. :laugh: It would be kickass to do low tier teams tho. I love it (which is why I put it in one of my tourneys), and I'd love to do it again.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
ferro's back!

hey ferro, there are two of us that live in norman, so if you ever feel like smashing, you can come play with us.
Where are you at in Norman? I might just take you up on that offer one of these days. I have nothing better to do here.

I live about 6-7 miles from Tecumseh. If you've ever traveled there on Highway Nine, then you've passed my house. I'm not even a mile passed Pink's limits.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
low-tier teams sounds really fun. why not, since it'll be a two-day event, right??
oh, and i'm going to set up rules BASED on MOAST...but, not exactly. and, they ARE subject to change, so if you see something you don't like when i post them up, feel free to ask for a change.

in other news- i have 12 venues picked out!!!
i'm going to check them all out this week and pick the best one.
don't know the dates yet, i'd like everyone to post they dates they can come, if they could do that, between dec. 19th and dec. 23rd. thanks :)

and ferro- i live off HW9 and SE24th

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haha, silly jew.

well, we'll play smash...
and you can play with your dradle.
sound good? good.

but seriously, DoH, are you open for any or all those dates(20-23)?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Yeah, I just need some travel buddies.

Hannukah starts on my birthday guys, I expect presents. Like letting me win Wesley!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, I hope he comes so we can team. :p Also, AustinRC told me has has quite a few MMs. As of now I only have one $5 with Po and one $1 with Rasta. Any other Oklahoma ppl (or other states that aren't TX) wanna step up? :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom