• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nvga Supercon -Albuquerque, NM - May 23/24, 08 - LOWER FEES

Two questions

• 10$

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • or 20$

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Doubles

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Or no Doubles

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

edubsw

Smash Rookie
hey new here, but i live in santa fe and would like to get into some local turnys, or even some local friendly play. i checked out the www.nvgasupercon.com site and saw its in the end of may. is there anything sooner or anything to get some local practice in let me know thx.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That is the soonest Smash tournament.

This looks great guys. I'll definitely pay $30 for this. I'm really looking forward to it all. I'm going to check in on all the links now (about hotel info and stuff).

Good job.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
First post is updated with LOWER REVENUE FEE'S. If you need housing post in this thread we will try to help you out.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Please, I want this tournament to be great, please try to come!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. All right gamers, the time is now and the SuperCon is right around the corner. The special rate for the rooms for the SuperCon is nearing it's due date. So if you are wanting to go to this event and need a room hold your room now. Here are the details on the rooms:

COUNTRY INN AND SUITES ALBUQUERQUE NORTH
Rates
$55.00 STANDARD ROOM
$59.00 TWO-ROOM SUITES

Accomodations
SUITES WITH 2 TV’S / 2 PHONES
MICROWAVE / REFRIGERATOR
DELUXE HOT ITEM CONT. BRKFST.
FREE HI-SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET
BUSINESS CENTER / FREE USA TODAY
FITNESS ROOM / SWIMMING POOL
JUST 7 MILES FROM CONV. CTR.
ABOVE ARE NVGA SUPER CON RATES

Address
7620 Pan American Freeway
I-25 Frontage Road Exit 231 (San Antonio exit)

Reservation Number
(505) 823-1300

Just to let everyone know when you reserve your room make sure you tell them that you are there for:

National Video Game Assocation Video Game Championships

That's what the booking is under!! So call and reserve that room

(505) 823-1300

CALL NOW AND SAVE GUYS!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Also if anyone needs housing (that doesn't want to pay for hotels) we can take care of you. Just let us know.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Just to let everyone know when you reserve your room make sure you tell them that you are there for:

National Video Game Assocation Video Game Championships

That's what the booking is under!! So call and reserve that room

(505) 823-1300

X_A

Smash Rookie
a few of us from OKgamers / Oklahoma are going to be going to this! I've been outta the SSBB loop for a few months now, and seeing the NVGA rules, I'm a bit confused. So,

Question for Sinz and the SSBB community in general -

A - Team Attack / Friendly Fire - On? I was under the impression MLG esque sites like gamebattles.com set the standard - and they have FF off in team battles. I was also thinking about adding a team battle to a upcoming Tulsa SSBB tournament, so yea... kinda needing to know the standard.

B - more community - is Gamebattles bad I guess? :)

Eitherway, see you guys in a few weeks! Getting my group to pre-reg now.

X A

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am fixing the main posts right now. We have a directors meeting this weekend to decide when the tournies start for each time.

A. FF is on becuase of a double snake team possiblity and many other things. ENDLESS MORTAR SLIDES.
B. The community as a whole.

We would love for everyone that can show to do so.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
do u think you will start around 4 because i really wanna do doubles but im gonna drive over there after school!!! why is it on a friday =[

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We start most likely at 10 in the morning. It is on a friday because thats what DFG told me to do. And you know what happens, he's the boss.

Schools get out in NM on the 21st of may.

Perrako

Smash Rookie
We might get a crew of 3 or so up from Santa Fe. Sounds like we should get there around ten -- do we need to bring controllers and whatnot?

X_A

Smash Rookie
Well, and if that's the Smashboards communities call, then that's that. I am not sure about the duel snake technique, but usually if one teammate blocks, the other can come out from behind them and break the loop, can't they? Hmm. Could someone much more familiar with these boards point me towards any threads that might be about this decision? Skill to not hit your teammate sure, but juggling and true 'teamwork' has some value in not being able to hit said teammate, etc. Dunno, like I said, if anyone can point me towards the SSBB FF pro's and cons thread, I'd appreciate it!

Looking forwards to the NVGA event! See you guys then.

X A

tw1n

Smash Champion
You have to bring your own controllers!!! No ifs ands or buts about it. They will not have any extras.

I'm not sure where the exact thread of pros and cons are (just search for that one I guess) but as for final decision making thats mostly left up to the back room group.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I know you said they're final, but, erm...

Halberd and Lylat Cruise shouldn't evar be random neutral. Not in singles, not in doubles. They both grant significant advantages to any characters that can zone, and Halberd especially gives vert killers a huge advantage over horizontal killers. Plus, Lylat completely screws over the psychic brats, as well as messing with a lot of character's recoveries. Just sayin'.

Also, friendly fire is great. Without it, I can't save my teammate by hitting them back on the stage.

EDIT: If you guys didn't decide yet, $10 for singles, $20 for teams. Otherwise, it's not going to be worth it for people that make moneh, especially OOSers.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its 10$ per person, so it is 20$ for teams.

Perrako

Smash Rookie
So, approximately what time do you guys expect the tourneys to be over if they start at 10? I know it's hard to say without knowing how many people are coming, but what's a good approximation? We've never really been to tourneys before so we don't know how long they last.

X_A

Smash Rookie
Oh yea - FAIR WARNING -

SSB64 Tournament - 1v1 (if we have good results / interest, we'll do a 2v2 later)

FRIDAY NIGHT - probably at 8pm, or a little later if SSBB finals is still going. (planned in the BYOC room of course :))

The "Trinity" from Oklahoma have travelled out to the NVGA event, and will be owning up in SSB64! I've travelled to OHSNAP03 in Norman with the best of OK's SSBM players and some of TX's best and up to Chicago where a SSB64 event happened and no one could TOUCH my Samus in SSB64... And the Trinity owns me. So it should be interesting to see if anyone can even challenge the Trinity at this!

X A

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh yea - FAIR WARNING -

SSB64 Tournament - 1v1 (if we have good results / interest, we'll do a 2v2 later)

FRIDAY NIGHT - probably at 8pm, or a little later if SSBB finals is still going. (planned in the BYOC room of course :))

The "Trinity" from Oklahoma have travelled out to the NVGA event, and will be owning up in SSB64! I've travelled to OHSNAP03 in Norman with the best of OK's SSBM players and some of TX's best and up to Chicago where a SSB64 event happened and no one could TOUCH my Samus in SSB64... And the Trinity owns me. So it should be interesting to see if anyone can even challenge the Trinity at this!

X A
I wanna play 64, but CO isn't allowed to show up before midnight. D: D: D:

Can anyone have us over before midnight? I dun wanna wait that long, is kinda gay.

Top Bottom