• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nuevo Laredo & Laredo, TX. SC: Melee Spring Break Tourny Results (March 17, 2012)

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Link to the event facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/events/360518297304371/
Address: 1701 Peaceful Meadow CT, Laredo,Tx
Date: (March 17, 2012)

The Laredo Singles Smash Tourny results.
23 entrants.
Entree fee: $8

1. Jordy ($102.20) :ganonmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
2. Soul ($29.20) :peachmelee:
3. Adad ($14.60) :falcomelee: :falconmelee: :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
4. Death Chrono :falcomelee: :falconmelee:
5. Tuna :falconmelee: :foxmelee: :gwmelee:
5. Raven :marthmelee:
7. Elvis :falconmelee:
7. VG6 :sheikmelee: :yoshimelee:
9. PG :zeldamelee:
9. Adan :sheikmelee:
9. Skeith :linkmelee:
9. Felipe :sheikmelee:
13. JC :foxmelee:
13. RJ :foxmelee:
13. LoKo :ganonmelee: :mewtwo:
13. Lazy D :falconmelee:
17. Dylen :luigimelee:
17. Dunk :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
17. DEAD :marthmelee:
17. FATY :icsmelee:
17. Missile :samusmelee: :falconmelee:
17. BomTastic :zeldamelee:
17. Brian Martinez :jigglypuffmelee:

The Laredo Doubles Smash Tourny results
10 entrants
Entree fee: $10

1. Soul & Adad ($49.00) :peachmelee: & :sheikmelee:
2. Jordy & JC ($14.00) :ganonmelee: & :foxmelee:
3. TBA (LoKo & Josh) ($7.00) :ganonmelee: & :sheikmelee:
4. Klink (Death Chrono & Tuna) :falconmelee:? & :foxmelee:?
5. Elvis & Felipe :foxmelee: :falconmelee: & :sheikmelee:
5. Team Monocle (Skeith & Raven) :linkmelee: & :marthmelee:
7. Ivan & Missile :zeldamelee: & :samusmelee:
7. Traphouse (Brian Martinez & David Laural) :falcomelee: & :falconmelee:
9. Pi (RJ & Adan) :foxmelee: & :sheikmelee:
9. Pinga5 (BB & FATY) :linkmelee: & :icsmelee:?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Lmao. Would have been so great to have gotten top 8.

Well, not sure if anyone will see these shout outs but~

Shout out to
ADAD-
I LOVE YOU. <3
It was a damn pleasure getting faceraped by your Falco

SOUL-
Thanks a lot for the friendlies. It was awesome playing your Peach.

Death Chrono-
Thanks for the short friendlies and all the advice you gave me to improve my Zelda in certain Match Ups. You're a cool guy, and I'm looking forward to meet you again.

Tuna-
You were a damn trip. Very fun to be around. Though I feel that Chrono could say otherwise~
But anyway, it was great meeting you.

Elvis-
We should, and are definitely going to play again. I'll show you teh power of teh

*:*:*Try4z of Wizdum*:*:*

Adan-
We'll definitely play again soon. I'd like to play all the different Sheiks possible. And thanks so much for the ride back home!

Skeith-
I <3 Your Link.
You already know this.

Philip-
I'm going to Zelda your face.

LOKO-
:3
It was great seeing you again as always. Knowing that you're usually my only Melee practice and know that I can still perform at a decent level is going to have me practicing a bunch. Hope your drive back to Cstat is a safe one.

FATY-
I'm sorry I didn't give you a Bye.
But omg, I've never played against an Ice Climbers. Ever. Was one of the scariest things.
Very happy to have met you. You're pretty cool.

MISL-
Maaaaaaaan, I love you. <3
Even though we always kill each other in doubles.

Bombtastic-
Keep working on that Zelda. It's coming along nicely. It's also great to have more female smash players around like yourself. Just keep at it and never give up.

Brian-
You scared?

<3

:zeldamelee:

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Thanks Skeith for helping me with the brackets and thank you all for showing up :D
we'll see if anything comes up soon.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Are there any videos from this? Also you should let Houston and Austin know when you're hosting stuff so we can try to make it out :).

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
@ Nine no problem :). I noticed some of Laredo improved since last time.

@ Admiral! unfortunately there were no matches recorded, or at least not to my knowledge. I know pics were taken by someone though. I didn't made the tourny but I helped with the brackets and whatnot, however I could help post here whenever they have any tournies. Also the Valley has melee tournies like every week on Fridays (might be changed to Saturdays) at a place called The Arena. Also let me know if you know anyone interested in travel down here to the Valley for any tournies, we should be having one this week or something.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
^ Wait a second, you had your account since 2008 o_O?

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
If you posted about big tournaments you were having I'm sure OoC players would be interested. You're in the Texas Melee facebook group, right? Even if you don't create a thread here I'm sure you could raise some interest by posting in the facebook group. Unfortunately though I doubt we could make a tournament before Summer break starts next month, but maybe that's just me.
By the way I like your tag. .hack is a great series.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Thanks, Skeith is my favorite boss since I felt like he was one of the hardest to fight against (takes 1 - 3 hits to kill you; no mames!)

And yeah I'm in the Texas Melee group. Idk about the Arena tournies being "big" but it would definitely help if people came to our tournies. No need to worry about not being able to making it to one since we usually have it every week. It would be fine if I post about our tournies in the group right?

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
ffffff~!!! must renew my US visa...

It's awesome that melee tourneys are being done around here...

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
@ Admiral! really? I'll try post whenever a tourny happens here on the document. Also I've been wondering this for a while, could I use a thread I used for a past event that will always be occurring weekly at the same place? Or does have to always be a new one? It'll seem redundant just to make new thread every week while the info mostly the same every time.

@ Meme I think there should be another tourny in Laredo in a couple of months if your interested in going.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Another Prinny repping IC main? Oh my.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think for repeating locals it's fairly common to use just one thread. For example Pinkie Pie has hosted multiple local tournaments with information contained in the same thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314582). She always creates a new results thread for each tournament though.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tourney you guys, haven't been to a melee on in yhears~ (exception of San Japan, but 10ppl tourney, K). This tourney was enough to inspire me to take my game to another level, and maybe not super pro status, but above ganon tier status xP.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
@ Loko_Lobo the tourny was great. We should play again sometime. You should try visit the Valley sometime for one of our tournies.

@ Admiral! thanks. Kinda needed an idea on how to post it. Here's the thread where we'll probably be using from now on. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320048

Top Bottom