• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU to OU: The Next Chapter

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
NU to OU
Buffing the weak

Ever feel sorry for those NU/UU Pokemon who have great potential but are simply lacking in ability or have too poor of a movepool? We sure have, and we're here to fix it. Every "round" consists of 5 NeverUsed / UnderUsed Pokemon from Smogon's Tier List and we spend time as a community on improving these Pokemon whether through ability, movepool, or stats.

Rules
  • Present your posts neatly and orderly, with sufficient support.
  • Stat enhancements will be allowed, but the submission must be realistic.
  • No bashing others.
  • Follow all global forum rules.
  • Have fun! :)

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The Changes

[collapse=The Change List]

Ampharos
Changes: Volt Absorb > Static, Tail Glow

Bastiodon
Changes: Base 80 HP, Solid Rock > Sturdy, Head Smash, Slack Off, Yawn

Fearow
Changes: Base 120 Speed, Swords Dance, Brave Bird

Typhlosion
Changes: Dragon Pulse, Earth Power

Lanturn
Changes: Base 95 Sp Atk, Tail Glow

Jumpluff
Changes: Spore, Trick

Exploud
Changes: Swords Dance, Agility, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, Close Combat , Earth Power, Earthquake, Grass Knot

Luxray
Changes: Motor Drive > Rivalry, U-Turn, Volt Tackle, Flamethrower

Electrode
Changes: Stealth Rock, Energy Ball, Weather Ball, Shadow Ball

Rampardos
Changes: Rock / Ground-type, Base 84 Speed

Sharpedo
Changes: Technician / Swift Swim > Rough Skin, Ice Shard, Pursuit, Fake Out

Regigigas
Changes: Slow Start halves Attack and Speed for 3 turns
[/collapse]

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ampharos needs Tail Glow.

Thats all I feel like adding.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ampharos does not possess Tail Glow, for some odd reason. I feel that giving it Tail Glow is just the bump it needs. It already has Thunderbolt / Discharge, and has Signal Beam.

Fearow is quite inferior to pretty much all Flying-types, since it lacks Brave Bird. Giving it a boost in Attack as Pink Reaper suggested and giving it Brave Bird is a start, although Close Combat may not quite fit / be pushing it.

-Terywj

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Ampharos with Tail Glow would be great and not an imbalancing change.

I think the joke with close combat on fearow is that it would just make it into another Staraptor. We don't need to buff another flying type up to do the same exact thing -_-

Replace Fearow with Flareon. Even though it got some discussion in the last thread they weren't very realistic as far as balance issues would work, and all flareon needs is a few key moves other than flare blitz...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fearow:

125 Base Spe, Brave Bird and Swords Dance.

And maybe Double-Edge

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tail glow in Japanese is actually "Firefly Glow" or something like that so that is the reason he hasn't been given it...

Ampharos has always been my favourite electric type but i've never been able to use him because of his horrid speed..

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Tail glow in Japanese is actually "Firefly Glow" or something like that so that is the reason he hasn't been given it...
Then why does Manaphy get it?

I've always had a soft spot for Bastiodon. Rather than Sturdy, giving him Solid Rock would make him quite a bit more... solid.

Gamefreak decided he needed pitiful base HP of 60 for whatever reason. Boosting it up to, say, 80 (Meganium's HP) would allow him to actually take a hit and make a decent wall.

Bastiodon needs a healing move like mad. Slack Off would make sense.

He already gets Iron Defense; Amnesia would be pretty great as well.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Head Smash would be a pretty fitting move on Bastiodon with Rock Head and the alternate of Solid Rock (like Zook suggested) abilities.

Tail Glow Ampharos would be so tasty. Couple that along with something like Recover and you could maybe make him bulky, just a thought.

Typhlosion is really just lacking in his move pool (like most fire types). If he got Earth Power (since he gets mud slap), maybe Nasty Plot, and Dragon Pulse (I know I know, mini-Heatran, but it's the only thing that makes sense) he could be a really good contender in OU.

As for Lanturn, all she really needs is some better defenses and Recover and she'd be set.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lanturns biggest problem is that the move Earthquake exists.
More SpAtk, and a Shuca Berry? I dunno.
Oh yeah, well, screw Japanese.
Ampharos has always been my favourite electric type but i've never been able to use him because of his horrid speed..
We could give him base 95 Speed or something...
Wait, why DOESNT Ampharos get Tail Glow?
Exactly.
Exactly.
Typhlosion is really just lacking in his move pool (like most fire types). If he got Earth Power (since he gets mud slap), maybe Nasty Plot, and Dragon Pulse (I know I know, mini-Heatran, but it's the only thing that makes sense) he could be a really good contender in OU.
Dragon Pulse... I dunno, Typhlosion doesn't really look like a Dragon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
DUGTRIO USED SLASH
GHASTLY USED SUCKER PUNCH

Mhmhm.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ampharos: Tail Glow

Bastiodon: Solid Rock > Sturdy, Head Smash, base 80 HP, Slack Off, Yawn

Fearow: Base 120 Speed, Brave Bird

Lanturn:

Typhlosion: Dragon Pulse, Earth Power
-----
Suggestions thus far. I support giving Typhlosion Dragon Pulse. Lanturn needs something special in its movepool to utilize its unique typing.

-Terywj

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I disagree with Giving Bastiodon Rock Head because its Aggron v.2
So? It makes sense.

Rock Head really won't help Bastiodon at all, though, seeing as how it has to attack with a base 52 Attack. Hell, even TURTWIG has a base Attack of 68.

Base 95 Speed Ampharos doesn't make sense. He should stay slow. Maybe give him Agility or something?

Fearow is really giving me trouble. There just isn't... well, anything to make him stand out from the other birds. Perhaps giving him access to Double-Edge and Brave Bird, and Reckless for an ability? Boost his HP from 65 to 75, and Attack from 90 to 105.

Base 216 power Brave Birds and Double Edges would be mmm mmm good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Rock Head really won't help Bastiodon at all, though, seeing as how it has to attack with a base 52 Attack. Hell, even TURTWIG has a base Attack of 68.
I lol'd. That's truly pathetic. How about we give him a SpAtk of something like 100?
Base 95 Speed Ampharos doesn't make sense. He should stay slow. Maybe give him Agility or something?
Yes to keeping the same speed, no to Agility. Doesn't really fit. Maybe Motor Drive + Tail Glow?
Fearow is really giving me trouble. There just isn't... well, anything to make him stand out from the other birds. Perhaps giving him access to Double-Edge and Brave Bird, and Reckless for an ability? Boost his HP from 65 to 75, and Attack from 90 to 105.
So he's a slower, more powerful Swellow without Guts.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I like my idea of making him fast and giving him SD and then smashing everything in sight with around 600 attack

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Swords Dance actually separates Fearow from Swellow, I like it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
After an SD Fearow's Attack Stat is a little over 600 if Adamant and some under 600 when Jolly

Thats like CB Tar strong.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Too bad it's best STAB is Return/Drill Peck.......which are stronger/as strong as Stone Edge/Crunch respectively. However the coverage is much more terrible, only hitting Fighting/Bug/Grass SE

Of the OU threat list that covers:

Breloom
Celebi
Heracross
Machamp
Infernape
Ninjask(lol still OU)
Roserade

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Fearow with SD: I agree.

None of the other early game birds have it, making him very unique.

I feel that Lanturn should have 95 SpA so it can do something other than wall.

Amphy with Tail Glow is awesome!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ampharos: Tail Glow

Bastiodon: Solid Rock > Sturdy, Head Smash, base 80 HP, Slack Off, Yawn

Fearow: Base 120 Speed, Swords Dance

Lanturn: Tail Glow, base 95 Atk

Typhlosion: Dragon Pulse, Earth Power
-----
Suggestions thus far. I support giving Typhlosion Dragon Pulse. Lanturn needs something special in its movepool to utilize its unique typing.

-Terywj
This has been updated. Lemme know when we will finalize everything and move onto the next round.

-Terywj

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm sure you already have ideas of who to work on next and don't want suggestions...but please...Golduck needs love...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'd just like to point out that Cloud Nine is a ridiculously good ability and no one should ever think about changing it.

Golduck needs Dragon Dance, plain and simple. He'd make a ridiculously good late game sweeper if he had it, with access to Cross Chop, Aqua Tail and Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch(For the grassers) he'd easily be able to eat through UU at least.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'd just like to point out that Cloud Nine is a ridiculously good ability and no one should ever think about changing it.

Golduck needs Dragon Dance, plain and simple. He'd make a ridiculously good late game sweeper if he had it, with access to Cross Chop, Aqua Tail and Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch(For the grassers) he'd easily be able to eat through UU at least.
He simply needs an evolution, but lol ice punch for the grassers? What grassers? I think you mean for the dragons. :p

But we're getting off topic.

Top Bottom