• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NTSC vs. PAL

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Okay, Nintendo said in a press release that the European version of Brawl would have some new code that would alleviate some of the lag that plagues the American version.

Can we get some impressions of online play from some European players? I know from first-hand experience that the NTSC version has the tendency to lag no matter what your internet connection speed is.

SpudUK

Smash Rookie
Its lags probably the same. My connection is fine, others arent and thats what slows it down, unfortunatly.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
What I meant was, how bad is the lag, regardless of whether you're playing with friends or with anyone. Do you still have glaring input delays?

stratele

Smash Apprentice
i dunno mine is quite good, I lag about 70% of the time, but its not like really bad, still playable

Twice, ive had it REALLY bad. Like I put the controller down to get a drink. took me 3 minutes. Came back and there was still a minute left of the game.

One of those though, when I got back the lag was gone! and I mean GONE!! There was NO LAG AT ALL!! Litrally, it was like I wasent online at all. Because of that, i ended up winning, even though i was like 3 points down when I started. It went from 5 second button lag to instant.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo fixes button lag in Europe and not in NA I am buying a ticket to Japan and punching Satoru Iwata in the face.

Edit: I might as well get Sakurai too while I'm at it.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, I think lag is lag. Speed doesn't matter, I'm on wireless, and I don't think it lags... well, most of the time anyway. I even play people from across the pond, too.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i am from the uk and sometimes when playing online with anyone or friends, I get perfect matches. (no lag no button lag AT ALL)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's been like that for me since I moved and switched ISPs. And I still live in North America.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
This has been talked about no need to talk about it again.
It ended with this quote

Timbers said:
OP is an idiot, stop trying to belittle America just because you think your internet connections are somehow superior. You're never going to have frame perfect responses on wifi, or even close to a fourth of a second in response (~15 frames) Input lag is always present, even if your FPS aren't lagging, input lag is just Nintendo's way of saying **** you.

Tr4ce

Smash Apprentice
1vs1 with friends is almost lagless if Im playing with people in Europe, and I have quite slow internet and havent yet done anything to prevent the lag. So I guess if I would do everything said in the sticky and get better connection, even the little button lag I have now would go away. But Im just fine with it now.

Playing with anyone 4player FFA is very laggy, sometimes unplayable. Thats why I only play 1vs1 with friends.

Top Bottom