• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BASEBALLFURIES

Smash Cadet
The characters I have used the most are samus, pit, marth and ike, around that order. I'm surprised I haven't used fox that much since I used him a lot in melee.

0MFG

Smash Rookie
Link! I always stand by Link even if hes not the best, Link is my all time favorite since SSB.

SiiiiYaaaAAA!!!

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
Game and **** has may useful properties. Broken turtle. Ridiculously quick and strong smashes. Great tech chase game on dthrow. Nice quirks, like ability to attack after upb.
And most importantly, ability to get all 3 taunts in between opponent deaths.

kico

Smash Cadet
Ike definatly becouse hes strong and some of his moves are suprisingly fast.

jigglypuff_monarchy

Smash Rookie
King Dedede, for sure.

he's insanely powerful and Mech Hammer is great for intercepting recovering opponents.

i prefer the Dedede in the pink. pink is definitely his color.

Wolfey Kong

Smash Rookie
I would say Wolf, mainly becouse of his fsmash(nasty long reach), and he got some nice finishing moves too. 2nd would be Lucario i think. Idk why... Maybe cous he`s cool.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
Toon Link, Pit, Ike and Wolf... top of the vote and two of which I commonly use. I'm a tl user, and like to use Wolf a lot -- not as a secondary but just considered as 'other' at the moment along with a few others. I tend to use a wide veriaty of characters ^^;

Okay, Toon Link was made my choice because he's fast... I like his fair and famous bair. I DID like his dair but soon realized how exposed you are after a miss. (especially when against someone who is pretty pro) I personally like the floatieness of Toon Link because it makes him very easy to control and you can perform fair and bairs with ease.

His bombs and arrows and especially the boomerang seem to be my personal favorite among other moves... (basicly all his projectiles -- his projectile game is top notch) for annoying reasons. Everything about Toon Link's move set just seems to... link >.> (and pardon the pun) XD

And Wind Waker is my favorite game from the Zelda series... >.> not that thats a good reason to have chosen him smash wise I just think it's neat to have such a character ^^;

I do realize Toon is a popular character of choice just because he rocks with all his moves. But to balance things out I'm hoping to have a second main or secondary be either Yoshi or Sonic... I'm terror with Yoshi ;) even ask my smash bros. --> aka (lol) wifi list. x3

Toon and Yoshi pwnzzzz. ^^

Sammyblue

Smash Rookie
Samus. No question there. I find it incredibly hard to win anything with her, but I still have a lot of fun trying.

I go for Olimar second because he's such a little weirdo.

SoraMar

Smash Rookie
im confused... i play Marth the most, but, i seem to do better with Fox... i chose Fox, but i like Marth equally

HaXer

Smash Cadet
What The heck Toon link and Pit are famous... When i choosed my main i desided to choose a character that almost nobody use it and this happen. I hate you Toon Link Stealers.

Oh and the game isn't out at Europe yet so...

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
I main Link as I always have though every once in awhile I will use pit, metaknight and rob not in any particular order.

Dark Anakin

Smash Rookie
I main Sonic, mainly because I am a Sonic nut. I don't care that some people call him crap, I don't agree with being a character just because they are good, I'd rather take a character that I enjoy playing anyday, no matter how bad he may be compared to some of the higher tiers.

Roller

Smash Legend
I main Sonic, mainly because I am a Sonic nut. I don't care that some people call him crap, I don't agree with being a character just because they are good, I'd rather take a character that I enjoy playing anyday, no matter how bad he may be compared to some of the higher tiers.
Good man. Same reason I use pika, but I lucked out, cause pika actually turns out to be Uber beastly at this game. XD

XxScareCrowxX

Smash Rookie
Lucas....for one reason.....he is PK-GOD.....WHO CAN BRING DOWN PK-JESUS(up smash) TOO PWN EVERY NOOB TILL THE WORLD IS WIPED CLEAN LIKE A BABYS BOTTEM............>_> lol in a matter of opinion that is =P

Lotsa_Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
You people are all so stupid, you haven't seen the light yet. Game and Watch=The Best Brawl Character ever. He's just so great. He'll **** your main and stomp it into the ground and throw it down a manhole of unrelenting torment

Corigames

Smash Hero
You people are all so stupid, you haven't seen the light yet. Game and Watch=The Best Brawl Character ever. He's just so great. He'll **** your main and stomp it into the ground and throw it down a manhole of unrelenting torment
This message is brought to you by 2008 join date, n00b productions, and viewers like you.

ACEfighter

Smash Rookie
I have 10 favs
1. Snake
2. Falco
3. Ike
4. Capt. Falcon
5. Pokemon Trainer
6. Pit
7. Wario
8. Ganondorf
9. Toon Link
10. Sonic

I pwn with all of them! I am a smash GOD!!!

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
Slightly of-topic but anyway, i've been considering making diddy one of my top mains for a long time now, he's one of my favorite characters of Nintendo (just behind Donkey) and i LOVE all the donkey kong games and stuff but i was wondering, will lots of people think that I'm just jumping ship because according to most people he is "top-tier"

BTW I'm pretty sure I'll still make DK my top main. (Not out in Europe)

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm going to say olimar. I was totally psyched when I heard he'd be on brawl. I was afraid when I saw pics and vids b4 the release because he looked unusable, but when everyone was saying he was going to suck, I said I don't care, I'll get good with him no matter how long it takes. And I did!!! He's nasty! Awesome set of aerials, although junk on the recovery. But I loved playing pikmin and I went through with my boasting and beat even the best of the players I know the majority of the time. Even won the first local tourney we put together around my area with him!!! Go Olimar, Go Pikmin!!!!

Props to many of the others though (I am really edging toward saying pika is top top tier though)

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman

I used to scoff at G&W but my friend, out of pure stubborn playing finally got pretty pro with him. I will finally say he's decent :D

Nitsua

Smash Rookie
I have to stay old school and go with Samus. Although her zero suit form takes some getting used to, she has been my main from the original SSB. Next in line would be Ike, Sonic and DK.

woah42

Smash Cadet
Definitely Toon Link, Dedede or G & W, because with them, Brawl doesn't seem that bad at the moment, with them in my top 5 characters in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom