• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now I Suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
I played Brawl against 3 other extremely easy people, (as in they had no idea how to play) then played on a team with my friend who's pretty good, against his brother who really isn't. Both those things happened on the same day. But now, when I play Brawl I abousletly, positively suck! Any help for me getting my touch back?

samai

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you should play more

EDIT: not really for tactical discussion

shurf

Smash Cadet
If you just started playing Brawl, take some time to adjust to it. You're probably still in 'Melee mode'. Its hard to alternate between the 2 games, honestly. Your timing in Melee gets all screwed up. Also, don't be surprised if noobs get good fast. There isn't as much to learn in Brawl,but it still takes a good degree of strategy/skill.

Play good people on Wifi and learn. And just practice more. Just improve your technique and don't spam/rolldodge excessively.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
lax guy5's Skill has decreased by 7 points, due to brawling with unskillful players. In order to increase your Skill, you'll have to brawl with others who are at the same league as you and attempt to get better, or brawl with those who are better than you.

/thread

JLynn943

Smash Ace
this happened to me, too. at college, I've got people to play against that are considerably better than me, so by the end of last year, I was good. But, all summer I had no one good to play, and now that I'm back at school, I can't beat anyone. :/

it seems (at least to me) like Brawl is a game you can't take a break from without losing some skill, but I guess that's how a lot of competitive games are

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I haven't played in like 2 weeks. XD
I hope I'm not worse. >.>

.Marik

is a social misfit
Keep playing. You'll get better... just don't give up, is all. :yoshi:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Suck less. :p

Seriously, find someone good to play against, and you'll get it back. Your friends who you used to beat could have possibly gotten better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom