• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now don't you feel stupid sakurai...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
Quote from the IGN interview- "No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen."

Quote from gonintendo.com regarding pay to play-"On top of that, it was confirmed that Nintendo will finally allow downloadable content for Wii games. This applies to disc-based games, WiiWare titles, and so on. The new content will be available for purchase through the games that feature DLC. Perhaps this will finally allow us to download songs for GHIII, and hopefully it will be in place by the time Rock Band is released on our platform."

Wow way to go Sakurai i really hope you feel stupid now. But i would love you forever if you just said that to get our hopes down so you can bring em to the ceiling when you announce dlcharacters. But until then, your stupid.

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't go so far as to call him stupid, but id have to agree with you. who knows he still might have a trick up his sleeve, even if its in a year.

-Ran

Smash Master
So fault the man for not keeping up in the loop -after- the development of the game? If he didn't have information regarding it during development, then he may not have had the APIs necessary to allow DC into Smash Brothers Brawl. An application programming interface (API) is a source code interface that an operating system or library provides to support requests for services to be made of it by computer programs.[wikipedia.org] Considering he and his development team was unaware of this, it's doubtful that Smash has the necessary coding in it to allow for DC in the future, unless the APIs for it were included in the standard code libraries for Wii games, or is part of an upgradeable module.

Likelihood of Brawl DC = 1% at this time.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
So fault the man for not keeping up in the loop -after- the development of the game? If he didn't have information regarding it during development, then he may not have had the APIs necessary to allow DC into Smash Brothers Brawl. An application programming interface (API) is a source code interface that an operating system or library provides to support requests for services to be made of it by computer programs.[wikipedia.org] Considering he and his development team was unaware of this, it's doubtful that Smash has the necessary coding in it to allow for DC in the future, unless the APIs for it were included in the standard code libraries for Wii games, or is part of an upgradeable module.

Likelihood of Brawl DC = 1% at this time.
i may be mistaken but GH3 didn't have the coding for DLC when it was released but yet its confirmed to have DLC (the wii version)

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
The only way to make this possible is to include secret characters on the disc that can be UNLOCKED by downloading certain information. The wii does not allow for enough information to be transferred to add any new characters, but if he had set of a secret section of the disc they could unlock that with downloadables, creating the ILLUSION of downloadable content.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
He says "I don't think we'll be doing that", which leads me to believe it's possible... he just doesn't think they'll do it... however, the pay-to-play thing makes it seem more likely.

I'm just being optimistic, I don't actually think we'll get DLC.

-Ran

Smash Master
i may be mistaken but GH3 didn't have the coding for DLC when it was released but yet its confirmed to have DLC (the wii version)
When a game is release on another platform, it is ported over, and the code base is changed. This means they are able to add content and functionality that otherwise wasn't in the game's prior release. Things don't look good for Brawl's DC future from a design standpoint. It all depends on HOW the DC is handled code wise, and if Brawl had the API's active and configured to expansion of characters, moves, and the like.

I guess I'll elaborate.

The Wii has 512 mb of space. Nintendo has very strict controls regarding what a developer can do, and how much space they can take with anything in this precious space. Ideally, a game would already have the downloadable content ALREADY on the disc, while to activate it would be a matter of gaining permission on your Wii account to use it. Ie, DCs just being unlockable content that has to be paid to use.

True Fool

Smash Ace
He's never going to say anything that would directly point one direction or another. By saying that he doesn't think they'll be doing that, he's leaving himself room to do it later if for some reason he wants to. But by saying that, it also means that there's no pressure on him if he doesn't feel like releasing DLC, which I think is a little more likely.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha well, even with whatever people have been saying. I always say that things are possible but not probable.. As goes with this as well..

-Onyx

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well you know Sakurai. He Contradicts him self some times and then Its a joke. Like with the talk With Iwata. He says he's a prankster or something like that.

Hmm
Ganondorf has a sword yet never uses it
3 landmmasters used by 1 Fox who likes it 1 Falcon who hates landmasters(unless it got modified for Air use) and 1 Wolf who parks his landmaster in Area 6

hmm Sakurai is either

1)joking with us
2)ticking us off
3)all of the above

I bet all of the Above. But i'm still getting brawl :):laugh:

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Yes, I'm sure the man whose game everyone on this forum is buying and making even more rich feels stupid.

Sakurai could be speaking Gooback future talk from South Park and it wouldn't matter. How many people complain that actually WON'T be buying Brawl?

*waits for someone to chime in*

Yeah, didn't think so.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He's just made one of the best games ever and you're getting picky over that? Seriously, grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom