• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Well, I'd like to make it to the melee fest, but I don't eactly live in the area. If it's on a friday I definitely couldn't make it before 6:00, probably more like 6:30. Do you have an idea how long it would run?

I had a good time playing your buddies at the last tournament, excellent that there are new people interested in melee.

Also very interested in this store selling gamecube controllers! pls do post those specifics.

I'll have to practice some, I've been way to busy buying candy to play melee.

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
Well, I'd like to make it to the melee fest, but I don't eactly live in the area. If it's on a friday I definitely couldn't make it before 6:00, probably more like 6:30. Do you have an idea how long it would run?

I had a good time playing your buddies at the last tournament, excellent that there are new people interested in melee.

Also very interested in this store selling gamecube controllers! pls do post those specifics.

I'll have to practice some, I've been way to busy buying candy to play melee.
Well, to be honest, most melée bashes we've had(and we have had quite a few) have lasted until the a.m., so I don't think waiting until 630/7 is a problem...
My only concern is making sure that everybody has a way to get home, as I only have enough accommodations for two overnight guests if they are needed.
And as for the controllers, I will post something by the end of the day - my buddy is on the hunt as we speak!

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
No worries Paul, Katie and I are pretty tight, she knows I don't mean it offensively in any way. :p

I also lost at her mis-read though, lmao. xD
I know it's fine (you're buds) i just find it to be lacking in respect toward women in general. it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
Two more days remain until the ultimate showdown of destiny - or something...
But, anyway that store is in Dartmouth it's called Games R Us, it's just kind of a weekend type flea market thing I'm told...
Moving on, anyone that is still interested in the smash bash this Friday, send me a text @ 902-999-mew2(yeah, it's real) and I can hook you up with directions and all that jazz!

Be there AND be square!!!!

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
errr.... I see that as being a terrible idea.

First, hobo is offering two tvs. I doubt the barwl crowd would give up that, maybe I'm wrong, but that's usually the quota for big tourneys, last time we got one....

Secondly, and in a related point, I firmly believe creating a melee scene distinct from the "Halifax smash" scene is valuable, given the status of melee within the "halifax Smash" scene (i.e. low/none).

Third, at a melee only fest, there is nothing to distract people from melee.

EDIT: forth, Hobo said he expected the fun to go "into the AM". Is that an option at the last gamestore?

We have a chance to operate in a situation where everyone actually likes and respects melee, I don't feel that within Halifax Smash.

Having said all that, I probably can't make it friday, although i could if it was saturday. I stand by the above nevertheless.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to defend Smash Halifax in this situation as well as the LGS.

The reason for making melee a side event is relatively rational with the situation at hand. however the scene here (unlike others) actually has increased numbers and should no longer be put as a secondary event. Beforehand we only had about 6-7 melee players and only 4-5 would consistantly attend events.

The LGS is a trusted spot for smash gatherings and deserves some respect as well. It's a convienient gathering place that consistantly allows smash halifax to do what they please (except come late....camden....) I believe the smash halifax could put aside a projector for melee to fit the needs of melee for now (4-5 participants)

for one I believe having a seperate melee scene would be difficult to keep track of for people wishing to play both games as well as help promote melee within the brawl community. we cannot let the melee community get pushed aside by smash halifax. but we can't pull a quebecquois and bail all together.

As for the playing to the AM. if you wish to get a ride back to his place (which i herd is close) by all means if it fits in with his schedule.

This probably makes no sense whatsoever but I refuse to re-read after I type my stuff

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Fair enough Parker. I definitely came off harsher than I meant to, I just think it'd be nice to have an atmosphere in which melee is the focus.

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
I will be honest, the whole point of getting this friendly gathering together is to gauge the strength of the melée scene.
My ultimate goal is get an all melée event. I can fund the venue, set up a starting pot and even might be able to get a sponsor or two... I can do things but would need the support of Smash Halifax for organization.
Anyway, there is a slight change of plans: a friend needed me to cover his Friday shift for an emergency so I need to reschedule to Saturday if that's okay with everybody... I know that helps Mr.Spaceman, but for anybody else I apologize for the short notice

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If you're having it on Saturday then, why not have it at the gamestore?

I'm pretty sure that Adam could set you up with at least two TV stations, you would just have to bring the stuff. Then if you still wanted to play after that, you could always head over to Hobo's house, since he apparently lives so nearby.

Just 'cause there might be some people who want to play both?

It's just a thought.

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
@lythium:I dont want to offend any of the brawl players, but I was hoping to get a crowd that was only interested in melée for the night. I wouldn't want to monopolize the space at SLG, or create a situation that was unfair.
We would also be free to have a few drinks, etc.
Plus, my two TVs are 42+ inches for maximum smashing pleasure.
If anyone wishes to brawl at SLG and then join up for melée later, by all means

@Billy: I am glad to face a different Marth user, I thought I had the Marth game on lockdown, but got whipped lastnight(I blame the use of performance enhancing drugs)- so, it will be nice just to see what a different player does with him

@spaceman: now that it is rescheduled to Saturday, your attendance is mandatory. I apologize for the lack of choice in your matter :p

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
I'll only be going to the LGS saturday.

I'll bring a melee disc in case you guys want to stop by and give me a few games

I'll be over there playing brawl in the meantime :(

(also My attendance is not yet confirmed but it will be by tommorow early afternoon)

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
Alrighty then, we might stop by for a few matches and then bounce. I dont know if the whole crew will be with me, but i will make the effort to come out - It would be a shame to not at least have one match with you, BBG. Just post a time up here and we'll go from there.

And to Spaceman:

Yes

saisei

Smash Rookie
Spaceman - 420 is a must for this guy. I'm the Marth user who used "performance enhancing drugs" says hobo. I will be there, wherever we go. After 6pm tonight! OOORAH!

EDIT - Also, just to back Hobo up, tonight's events are going to be one among many. We are not at all attempting to take away from anything or anyone. Hobo's place provides a great place to chill/drink/smoke/and play all night(no closing time.) By all means, after SLG's event feel free to make an appearance. Smash and get smashed! Good luck to all!

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
Spaceman - 420 is a must for this guy. I'm the Marth user who used "performance enhancing drugs" says hobo. I will be there, wherever we go. After 6pm tonight! OOORAH!

EDIT - Also, just to back Hobo up, tonight's events are going to be one among many. We are not at all attempting to take away from anything or anyone. Hobo's place provides a great place to chill/drink/smoke/and play all night(no closing time.) By all means, after SLG's event feel free to make an appearance. Smash and get smashed! Good luck to all!
that's more or less the reason I'm not going lmao

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
@billbeegood
Hahaha, no need to feel alienated my friend! I myself do not partake in any judgement altering substances, be it liquid or plant matter, I only offer a safe environment for friends to get inebriated if they so choose.

In any event, I will be by the gamestore around 5 or so just to see who's there, get a game in or two and then bounce

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also, Billy's not going because he's still like, 15 or 16. (I forget)

His parents typically don't let him go to the houses of people they haven't met. xD

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
Not till 7, eh? Thanks for the heads up! That fits my schedule a bit better :)

@raziek. 15 or 16? Lol, that's pretty young for a melée player, I was right around that age when the game first came out, lol!
But, that does explain his lack of attendance, and rightfully so. Nonetheless, I can not pass up the thrill of facing a new fighter so I will stop into SLG for a quick match

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Not till 7, eh? Thanks for the heads up! That fits my schedule a bit better :)

@raziek. 15 or 16? Lol, that's pretty young for a melée player, I was right around that age when the game first came out, lol!
But, that does explain his lack of attendance, and rightfully so. Nonetheless, I can not pass up the thrill of facing a new fighter so I will stop into SLG for a quick match
I think I was right around that age when I was considered the best in ns for melee.

Hear that parker? It's all downhill from there.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Congrats to Meta Knight on first place! Oh and also congrats to Meta Knight for that second place, not too bad! And let's not forget Meta Knight in third place!

Seriously wtf happened to Ally maining Snake, Holy Nightmare maining ROB and TO Joe maining Fox (I realize that last one was a long time ago)?

:248:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Melee: Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jiggs

Brawl: MK, Snake, Diddy, Falco, ICs

One really isn;t much better than the other. Brawl is worse, but don't act like melee is balanced lmao. There's 7 viable characters, TOPS. Brawl has more along the lines of 10 or 11 if you're looking at results.

Top Bottom