• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notice something nice. A week to go, where are these "prophets" now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B is a mass produced toy. . . I don't see any reason why a group of R.O.Bs make the idea of a different, Playable R.O.B "unreasonable". For all we know there can be a R.O.B on the level of King Koopa.
I don't know what this part is supposed to mean. I can only assume that your definition of "reasonable" is not the standard one.

And if you feel like it than name the high amount of things that make the 35 "unreasonable". I would like to hear it. . . mostly all I hear is opinion and assumptions.
1. ROB, but we already talked about that
2. Falco AND Wolf? If clones are out, why would they make 2 new movesets for characters that very rarely appeared outside vehicles? And if clones are in, why would there be two Fox clones?

That's all I got so far.

In conclusion, you're a rude, closed-minded person.

:(

sultanofsurreal

Smash Cadet
You are all going to be so surprised when you get Brawl and realize I was the only one to correctly call Mandy Patinkin and A Cloud of Argon Gas.

Zek

Smash Ace
Except that it includes a character who is either (depending on your interpretation) confirmed as a nonplayable enemy, or an autopilot who (IIRC) can't even walk.

There is a lot that points to the 35char roster being unreasonable.
No, what you said is pretty much it. And the SSE enemy thing is easily explained. If "it's too weird" is the best you can come up with then I think the 35char roster is looking pretty likely.

There aren't many fake prophets now because there's no point anymore, the real leaks are imminent. People are expecting hard evidence at this point. Anybody that wanted to get their kicks out of tricking people already did it when there was more time left.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
No, what you said is pretty much it. And the SSE enemy thing is easily explained. If "it's too weird" is the best you can come up with then I think the 35char roster is looking pretty likely.
While it's good to know that you value my opinion so highly, I fail to see what you mean by "the SSE enemy thing is easily explained."

Oh, and I got a third one.

3. No Krystal. She was soft-leaked a while back, just like Sheik was. I think it's reasonable to assume that Krystal has a higher chance of being playable than R.O.B.

M.K

Level 55
ZmGS Iz Bes a PROHET:

The number of characters is equal to the square factors of 4x -5y-32s(6r-rtgb)
The number of stages is equal to that number minus 230482, divided by the number of times you will facepalm yourself after reading this.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't know what this part is supposed to mean. I can only assume that your definition of "reasonable" is not the standard one.
Que?
1. ROB, but we already talked about that
2. Falco AND Wolf? If clones are out, why would they make 2 new movesets for characters that very rarely appeared outside vehicles? And if clones are in, why would there be two Fox clones?
They are both important to the series they are from which is reason enuff to include them. If Sakurai and friends chose to make unique move-sets for Falcon and Fox (2 characters that very rarely appeared outside vehicles) than I have no idea what that has to do with making a move set for Falco/ Wolf.

That's all I got so far.

In conclusion, you're a rude, closed-minded person.

:(
I sorry, but Im not "rude and/ or closed minded". If anything thats your get up. Im open to the idea that there could be a PC R.O.B and that Sakurai could choose to make 2 important SF characters have unique move-sets. . .you are not.

I don't WANT the roster and I would love for it to be wrong. . . but Im not going to box out everything that points to it to make it look fake. I may not like it but it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Good riddence. I never believed anything they had to say. Nor did I like the word "prophet". In Halo the term sounded cool, but really, it has no place on SWF.

The truth is out there. Only 4 more days until deliverance.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I'll tell you one thing about the R.O.B. Squad. They all have Famicom colors, when the R.O.B. that usually makes cameos and playable appearance is based around the color of the NES. So take what you will from that, maybe we'll get a R.O.B. that is based around the thing that managed to save the NES in America... R.O.B. might be a toy, but it was for that very reason he sold the NES. At that time, people prefered awesome robots to video game consoles, especially with that rather nasty game crash that happened before it came out.

I feel like I'm the only one on Smashboards who finds this much-dreaded 35 character roster to be perfectly reasonable, and something I could properly enjoy as well. Mind you I might be a little biased since every character I wanted in with a huge passion has really already been announced by the Dojo or by some crazy accident... my sig might prove otherwise but I'm just late on the game.
You're not, it's perfectly reasonable. Just because someone says "only" 35 characters doesn't mean it's not a lot. They shouldn't be saying "only" in the first place.

If we were left to make all the decisions for this game, it'd turn out like Snakes on a Plane. That movie took input from net-nerds to develop some of it's scenes. Snakes on a Plane is kinda entertaining, but it's a flop for anyone looking for a serious thriller, and just a plain joke to most movie critics.

We were lucky to give any input at all in the creation of this game.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Usually prophet referred to someone who posted info about the game that seemed likely, while leaker referred to someone who posted info about the game and claimed to have an inside source.

Black/Light

Smash Master
3. No Krystal. She was soft-leaked a while back, just like Sheik was. I think it's reasonable to assume that Krystal has a higher chance of being playable than R.O.B.
Krystal was never "leaked" as a PC. She is confirmed to be in the game in some way. . . AT/ SSE/ Fox taunt thing can all be possible outcomes.

Yes, sad but true. . . :ohwell:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
A Link: Actually, it's hard to believe that roaster is real, compared to the fact that it completely ignores the character poll that Sakurai made.
Good think Sakurai never made a character poll then.

35 roster is real. It was leaked already. There's no prophets because that's a stupid word.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
They are both important to the series they are from which is reason enuff to include them.
This, in my opinion, is false.

That, and that alone, is the reason I think the 35 roster is either a fake or a big mistake.

Krystal was never "leaked" as a PC. She is confirmed to be in the game in some way.
That's why I said "soft-leaked ... like Sheik."

Im not "rude and/ or closed minded". If anything thats your get up. Im open to the idea that there could be a PC R.O.B and that Sakurai could choose to make 2 important SF characters have unique move-sets. . .you are not.
1. Sorry. :(
2. It's not that I'm not open to the idea of playable ROB and new movesets for SF characters, I just think it's unlikely, unprecedented, and... well, just a mistake. :ohwell:

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
And how is it any worse than Melee's 20 character roster? Oh, and it was a 20 character roster. There were only 20 unique characters in Melee. The others? More or less alt. costumes of other characters!
Yes because fox and falco,
CF and Gdorf,
Marth and Roy,

all play so similarly... it's like there's no difference in play styles at all :chuckle:

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Welcome to your local fake leaker
1. snake is not in brawl those pictures and videos are fake
2. Pichu is in brawl replacing pickachu and mario
3. Kirby can no longer clone and is now blue
4. apples
5. Link is an AT he appears and shoots you with 1-up mushrooms
6. hi mom
7. master hand is unlockable by completing classic mode
8. classic mode has been removed

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
You're not, it's perfectly reasonable. Just because someone says "only" 35 characters doesn't mean it's not a lot. They shouldn't be saying "only" in the first place.

If we were left to make all the decisions for this game, it'd turn out like Snakes on a Plane. That movie took input from net-nerds to develop some of it's scenes. Snakes on a Plane is kinda entertaining, but it's a flop for anyone looking for a serious thriller, and just a plain joke to most movie critics.

We were lucky to give any input at all in the creation of this game.
Well, I'm glad someone has been thinking the same way I have... If the 35 rumor really is true, then it's just everyone has hyped Brawl in the wrong way, even Nintendo made mistakes by announcing too many newcomers, they made it look like there was going to be a ton. Still, 35 is great when you consider timeless classics like Street Fighter 2 only had 16 at the very latest version... and all of these guys in Brawl come from awesome Nintendo games, so it should be even better for us.

You're right about the fan input thing, too. Snakes on a Plane was very fun, but it did mess up as a serious movie... too many cooks spoil the broth, as they say. At least Nintendo is seemingly trying to keep things sane, they know they can't please EVERYONE so characters with much demand all around the world and common sense are going to lead the way for this new game, along with Nintendo's signature genius scattered around, too!

Anyway, you can't be much of a fan of the series if you're boycotting Nintendo over a down-to-earthRUMOR. I'll accept any direction the series takes, since Brawl is looking to be a beautiful game so whatever it's doing MUST be right.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I'm behind the 35 roster.

But we'll just have to see very shortly.

Her VA existing was leaked.

"Yeah, but that's why I said soft leaked!"

Yeah, I know that's why you said "soft leaked," but then it doesn't make her have a higher chance.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I don't know what I'd do without R.O.B., because he's like, my main dude.

He probably should've left for Japan earlier, though.

"We've got a bite! *pop*"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm behind the 35 roster.

But we'll just have to see very shortly.

Her VA existing was leaked.

"Yeah, but that's why I said soft leaked!"

Yeah, I know that's why you said "soft leaked," but then it doesn't make her have a higher chance.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I don't know what I'd do without R.O.B., because he's like, my main dude.

He probably should've left for Japan earlier, though.

"We've got a bite! *pop*"
R.O.B. is a *******. That little robot is gonna lead you back into the bit of death and you'll die. You'll all die....except for the black chick....for once. :)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
All the prophets do my head in.

I KNOW FOR A FACT, if I had the game, I'd ***** every single aspect of it onto Youtube. I know full well that if I had a copy I'd tape everything. My happy face, me popping it in the Wii, turning it on, selecting it from the Wii menu, selecting characters, playing FFA's, Subspace, Event everything ever. Why the secrecy, the dodgy angle , the dark background, WHY WHY WHY???? That's why I find it hard to believe the leakers.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. is a *******. That little robot is gonna lead you back into the bit of death and you'll die. You'll all die....except for the black chick....for once. :)
"I'VE GOTTA GO BACK FOR PEACH."

"But dude, it's like...in the middle of all the Subspace Emissary guys."

"BUT I'VE GOTTA."

"Ok, no more arguing, we're coming with you!"

"...uh...ok."

"Oh no, don't even try convincing us not to.."

*frolics off to death*

Spoilers: Sakurai bombs the trophies.

EDIT:

"I saw it, it's *mumbles indistinctly*, it's huge!"

"Did you just say 'pterodactyl space pirate' or 'robot?'"

I'm bored, can't you tell?

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
*search frantically for a barfing smiley*
Chill. It's not 100%.

It's just said by two leakers with amazingly good rep...

So...pray they're wrong? Even if I believe they're right, I don't want them to be right.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
All the prophets do my head in.

I KNOW FOR A FACT, if I had the game, I'd ***** every single aspect of it onto Youtube. I know full well that if I had a copy I'd tape everything. My happy face, me popping it in the Wii, turning it on, selecting it from the Wii menu, selecting characters, playing FFA's, Subspace, Event everything ever. Why the secrecy, the dodgy angle , the dark background, WHY WHY WHY???? That's why I find it hard to believe the leakers.
If they put their face and every aspect of their lives they'd undergo a huge risk about Nintendo finding out and suing them. The secrecy is needed. After all, leaking games is illegal.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
You are all going to be so surprised when you get Brawl and realize I was the only one to correctly call Mandy Patinkin and A Cloud of Argon Gas.
HAHAHAHAH GET TO EATING THAT HAT YOU IDIOT!

i hope you will learn/taste the lesson here, which is obviously that anything is possible and it's not wise to say you'll do something such as Oh I don't know, eating a hat, and then pretending it was a joke when you turn out wrong.

I suggest you make a new screen name for the forums, eat the hat and record the video, or get the f**k out.:chuckle:

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Master Chief Is In Brawl!1!!1 I Work For Nintendo!1! I Played The Game Too!! I Swear, He's Really Cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom