• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not Giving Up Hope On DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Sakurai may stray away from it, but Nintendo can still give the thumbs up...

Discuss.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
first they have to come up with a good storage solution
there are a lot of people who want megaman 9 but don't have any space on their wii anymore

Patinator

Smash Champion
I hate to dive in to any DLC nonsense, but... Does anyone think of the little guys with no wi-fi access? Naw, never mind, it's totally acceptable to be a cold-hearted brute, getting stage and characters instantly downloaded to your Wii, while we stick with typical Brawl. Yup. Perfectly humane.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I hate to dive in to any DLC nonsense, but... Does anyone think of the little guys with no wi-fi access? Naw, never mind, it's totally acceptable to be a cold-hearted brute, getting stage and characters instantly downloaded to your Wii, while we stick with typical Brawl. Yup. Perfectly humane.

Tough cookies. It's the absolute closest we can get to bringing back Mewtwo.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I've heard nintendo is thinking about a wii hard drive, but they didn't give any specifics.
If there were a larger amount of memory, it could make DLC possible, I'm surprised nintendo hasn't done it anyways,
They really need to take a page out of Microsoft's book...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I've heard nintendo is thinking about a wii hard drive, but they didn't give any specifics.
If there were a larger amount of memory, it could make DLC possible, I'm surprised nintendo hasn't done it anyways,
They really need to take a page out of Microsoft's book...
Quoted For Truth.

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice

Kinda like the special event pokemon in Diamond/Pearl amirite?

And that happened :3. And not for me ;_;. But it still happened. Same with the Mario furniture in Animal Crossing.

That firebar looked so cool D:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Guys come on Nintendo's not going to do it honestly.
But hackers might be able to make DLC from and SD card idk.
But not Nintendo.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Guys come on Nintendo's not going to do it honestly.
But hackers might be able to make DLC from and SD card idk.
But not Nintendo.
*smack*
CURSE.
*smack**smack*
YOUR.
*smack**smack**smack*
PESSIMISM!
*smack**smack**smack**smack*

THIS THREAD IS MADE OF HOPE AND FANBOYISM!!!

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Sorry, but...It's probably not happening. Sakurai has said on interviews that DLC was not intended for Brawl. That means that the game was not designed to recognize DLC. No matter how hard you wish, or how hard you yell at sakurai. It's probably not going to happen....

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Is it even possible to patch the game now? I've heard people say it isn't but I don't know whether it is or not.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Not giving out DLC for Brawl is stupendously stupid. Sakurai KNEW he wasn't going to be able to add some characters because delaying it again would start a fanboy riot. With DLC, he could put in all the characters that didn't make it in the main release by working on them over time and then giving them out on DLC.

I don't mean to be insulting, but Nintendo is obviously too money-hungry to let a chance like this slide. DLC will happen, Nintendo's greed assures it. And if it has Mewtwo, I'll be there to just love it.

HOWEVER, it's fairly obvious Nintendo isn't prepared for it, and they don't even know who they can get to do it. So they're keeping plans a secret until they have some actual evidence to present and build up hype with (like they tend to do).

/consipracytheory

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Read the rest of the interview here

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*smack*
CURSE.
*smack**smack*
YOUR.
*smack**smack**smack*
PESSIMISM!
*smack**smack**smack**smack*

THIS THREAD IS MADE OF HOPE AND FANBOYISM!!!
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being honest.
I have not expressed my opinion, I have stated a fact.
Let me put this in a way you can understand.
The Wii hardrive cannot handle downloadable content.
Therefore, it is impossible for Nintendo to release a patch.
If its just for your stupid things, fine, continue living in lies of hopes and dreams.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
*ahem*

BLAST WORKS. WII SHOP. WII UPDATE. THIS: http://www.nintendogalaxy.com/2008/07/reggie-confirms-storage-solution-in.html AND THIS: http://www.videogamer.com/wii/super_smash_bros_brawl/news-3050.html

I heard somewhere on SmashBoards that Nintendo is thinking about an external hard-drive, so just be quiet (even though I'm not).

So there is hope. There is ALWAYS hope. At the end of the world all we will have is our hopes and our dreams, and they will unite us. Make us stronger. But since this is not the end of the world, we shall hope and dream about much pettier things. Such as SmashDLC.

People have pulled the IGN interview for TOO LONG. I can't even take that interview seriously anymore. It's just so...so...a word has yet to arise how much something that interview is, but I swear IT'S A LOT OF IT.

...unwise, maybe?...

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
looks like you have mewtwo as your main for the same reason I do...for brawl......

anyway, nintendo is thinking about an external hardive, and you caaaaaan submit game ideas to them....

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
I'm still hoping for it too. But Sakurai has sad in a interview there isn't so. I'm almost sure there is no DLC. I'm still hoping for that harddrive too :)!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Sakurai just let millions more dollars just for him fly right out of reality's window with that interview...

But that only means that if there is DLC (which Nintendo is NOT going to pass up), then Sakurai won't be working on it. And with his sense of game balance, I say we let in a fresh face...but that's still taking a risk...

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being honest.
I have not expressed my opinion, I have stated a fact.
Let me put this in a way you can understand.
Therefore, it is impossible for Nintendo to release a patch.
If its just for your stupid things, fine, continue living in lies of hopes and dreams.
Exactly my pont.

*ahem*

BLAST WORKS. WII SHOP. WII UPDATE. THIS: http://www.nintendogalaxy.com/2008/07/reggie-confirms-storage-solution-in.html AND THIS: http://www.videogamer.com/wii/super_smash_bros_brawl/news-3050.html

I heard somewhere on SmashBoards that Nintendo is thinking about an external hard-drive, so just be quiet (even though I'm not).

So there is hope. There is ALWAYS hope. At the end of the world all we will have is our hopes and our dreams, and they will unite us. Make us stronger. But since this is not the end of the world, we shall hope and dream about much pettier things. Such as SmashDLC.

People have pulled the IGN interview for TOO LONG. I can't even take that interview seriously anymore. It's just so...so...a word has yet to arise how much something that interview is, but I swear IT'S A LOT OF IT.

...unwise, maybe?...
We pull out the article BECAUSE Sakurai said "No". I have also seens another interview that asked the same question. "No" again. I'm tired of people thinking, "Sakurai just deconfirmed DLC twice...that surely must mean that DLCIS HAPPENING!!!

Sakurai just let millions more dollars just for him fly right out of reality's window with that interview...

But that only means that if there is DLC (which Nintendo is NOT going to pass up), then Sakurai won't be working on it. And with his sense of game balance, I say we let in a fresh face...but that's still taking a risk...
You don't make Nintendo's decisions. You don't work for Nintendo, so how can you say they are NOT going to pass it up? Take this for example: Voice Chat. Many people thought they could patch up Brawl to make it VC compatible, but they can't. They could not want to, I'm not sure, but that was another thing "Nintendo was NOT going to pass up" but they did.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I could see Nintendo passing up voice chat from a mile away...

In all honesty, it's a minimal problem...

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I'm keeping my hopes up, for a Future patch... Though it's most likely not to happen...

d<_< b...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
That's just it! Just keep your hopes up, be verbal about it....

If we stop saying we want it, then of COURSE it isn't going to happen...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Patches?...What patches? We don't have no patches. We don't need no stinking patches!

*ahem*

Sorry about that. The entire point is that, yes, DLC is entirely possible on the Wii and has been done before. Patches, Hard-Drives, whatnot. Brawl DLC will probably happen, but apparently not anytime soon...

So I'm just gonna wait. Wait 'till the new Smash comes out, where it DEFINITELY will have DLC.

(hell, non-demo DLC has happened on the DS, it sure can happen on the Wii)

EDIT: Hah, you have 404 posts, SunDance...

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
But if Brawl was not made to recognize DLC, then it won't have any. As for SSB4, it's a maybe but more inclined to "Yes". Though SSB4 hasen't been confirmed or anything so...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
*ahem* I'd also like to say that interview with Sakurai has been outdated, since it's been proven the Wii CAN handle DownLoadable content, and Sakurai specifically said he didn't THINK it was going to happen because he THOUGHT the Wii couldn't do DLC.

Wii Brawl Channel. It should happen.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Since when has Nintendo ever given a crap about their games post-release?

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom