• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ergh, fine. I'm sorry for flaming you. But your information just seems so...untrue in places. Argument is inevitable. I'm glad you guys are putting lots of time into this, but come on. You pretty much did give us a tier list by adding ratings. If you were to just take those out you wouldn't be getting flamed, and discussion would be kept nice and simple. It's a simple truth of life that ratings are opinions. Opinions lead to arguments. To quote my friend:

"Opinions are like *** holes. Everyone has them and no one wants to hear them."
If I didn't rate, every post would be: WHO DO YOU TINK IS BETA SONIC OF MARTH LOLOL

ya know? Thanks for your input, and I hope I wasn't too much of a jerk to ya. ^_^

Can you stop bumping your own thread, every other post.

;d
Can you stop posting useless garb?

Remember people, these are only the opinions of 5 people. Don't take them like they're fact or like the backroom released a tier list or anything.

The game has been out for not even a week yet and you all want information on the game that compairs with the information we have on melee after 7 years. Just be patient! (Or don't and leave in a couple of months thus returning smashboards to normal. I don't care either way.)
What he says it's true. But don't forget, when welee came out, there was nothing like what I'm doing now. This, for all you know, might make the game progress faster.

Hey, can you guys please test the super armor frames on Lucas's up smash? Serpit had a look at them and apparently they're not so useful. I want to know at exactly what point of the attack do they kick in?
I've been trying. It seems he only has them during the move, the charge up doesn't. I'll update more later.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
This is incredible oh my lord.
But, if I may ask, what is a WOP? (toon link section)
WOP is Wall of Pain. It's a Jigglypuff tactic from melee, using the back air, or Bair, over and over, to control the map like a wall. W wall of pain, that is!

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Sigh... All the 9's are characters I hate... And my favorite is, well, Yoshi... ****, this sucks...

At least my cousin will be super-happy (yes, yoshi story reference) to hear about Toon Link.

Dark Aether

Smash Cadet
I like this list a lot, I'm really glad Luigi has gotten some buffs and I'm hoping Sonic turns out to be of great use as well. It's awesome Toon Link is doing well also, hopefully he will be a wee bit more useful than he was in melee.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well, good news then. My only hope is that he doesn't turn out to be some top tier character like Fox.

...Or basically, when I use Toon Link, I don't want people to think I'm doing it because he's the best. I've always mained YL. =X
mmm I never think about that... then I hope that Kirby sucks.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Dissapointed you have no impression on Kirby, but I'm glad for the good review on Pit and Diddy, both characters i was not planning on trying at all. MK, i wish was better, but maybe hell be like the Melee Kirby character: slightly hard to win with, but great if you can play well. If anyone has a Kirby review, id like to hear it.

w00t! 100th post!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Actually I noticed that Diddy can sort of do a Back air WoP as well. But man, Kirby is awesome. I can't believe you're not trying him.

PS. congratulations on 100 posts =D

EDIT: dmbrandon: don't worry about it. The tournament comment was a little harsh but it's fine.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
lol XD imma see who to main gotta see if links boomerang is usefull, but toon link is so cartoony and cool.

but link is stronger than toon link and i mained link in past games so yeah.. hope that link is just as good as toon link or better.

maian

Smash Apprentice
I consider myself a good Smash player, but I've never been competitive. That being said, I'm familiar with almost all the abbreviations and Advanced Techs, but only use a few. Can someone fill me in on what a 0-Death is, and GSP? (Or a similar abbreviation, people have been claiming Ness lost his)

Sorry. As for the people disputing against Montage: He/they are doing their best, and they're not stating it as fact. They're giving their honest impressions so far, and I doubt they're biased or lying. So yeah, people should stop telling him he's wrong, after having 90 hours logged. I think it's inevitable that in a few years, or even months, every character, if not just a lot, will change up and down. This is how everything is SO FAR.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Hum.

Any buffs for Game and Watch other than the Parachute?
Too much lag on ariela. Bair is much better.

Oh wow! I can't wait! Thanks!
You're welcome!

I like this list a lot, I'm really glad Luigi has gotten some buffs and I'm hoping Sonic turns out to be of great use as well. It's awesome Toon Link is doing well also, hopefully he will be a wee bit more useful than he was in melee.
Toon Link is the best in the game, right now.

WOOT, thx for taking my suggestion to add Recovery in ratings!

For a thread with video of recoveries:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142017
You're welcome, I will credit you!

Dissapointed you have no impression on Kirby, but I'm glad for the good review on Pit and Diddy, both characters i was not planning on trying at all. MK, i wish was better, but maybe hell be like the Melee Kirby character: slightly hard to win with, but great if you can play well. If anyone has a Kirby review, id like to hear it.

w00t! 100th post!
I've been working on him, but only like 20 matches. I'll need more time with him. :D

Actually I noticed that Diddy can sort of do a Back air WoP as well. But man, Kirby is awesome. I can't believe you're not trying him.

PS. congratulations on 100 posts =D

EDIT: dmbrandon: don't worry about it. The tournament comment was a little harsh but it's fine.
Didd'y WoP is nasty actually. Go to the Montage 1v1 thread and check Edd's Diddy out!

lol XD imma see who to main gotta see if links boomerang is usefull, but toon link is so cartoony and cool.

but link is stronger than toon link and i mained link in past games so yeah.. hope that link is just as good as toon link or better.
Link is NO WHERE NEAR TL. TL might be the best in the game, whereas Link seems nerfed.

I consider myself a good Smash player, but I've never been competitive. That being said, I'm familiar with almost all the abbreviations and Advanced Techs, but only use a few. Can someone fill me in on what a 0-Death is, and GSP? (Or a similar abbreviation, people have been claiming Ness lost his)

Sorry. As for the people disputing against Montage: He/they are doing their best, and they're not stating it as fact. They're giving their honest impressions so far, and I doubt they're biased or lying. So yeah, people should stop telling him he's wrong, after having 90 hours logged. I think it's inevitable that in a few years, or even months, every character, if not just a lot, will change up and down. This is how everything is SO FAR.
dcj lol. Double Jump cancel. When you double jump with anyone with a swing jump and attack, you would fall. This method, combined with l-canceling could do serious combos.

0-death is like it sounds. A combo taking someone from 0%-death!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
So Dedede dosent have problems recovering? His up b dosent sweetspot on th edge, only if you cancel it, so is it easy to cancel as you go up and grab the ledge?

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Ye if toon link is alot better i will main him...Infact i think i will main him why?

Because i wanna represent Windawaker online since not alot of people played it since they said it way (too kiddy) imma make ppl angry when they loose to a cell shaded wonder XD

imma probably main them both since they simular but toon link does look cooler XD

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
hey flaminglink you're from toronto too =D (well, i'm from Sauga, but close enough)

Anyway here's my Kirby review:

His priority has increased a lot. His moves combo well and he can actually do a lot of damage now. His Uair can combo really well and his Bair is pwnsauce now. B moves still arent that great but he never had great ones anyway. His smashes also suck less. Overall, I think he's a fast enough character with good combo and killing abillity. If I must give a rating, 8.5/10 (but it's just my opinion).

maian

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks for clearing things up. I thought that's what 0-Death was, but wasn't sure. Hm. That only makes TL even more awesome, rad. And I don't know where I got GSP from. >_>

dmbrandon

Smash Master
hey flaminglink you're from toronto too =D (well, i'm from Sauga, but close enough)

Anyway here's my Kirby review:

His priority has increased a lot. His moves combo well and he can actually do a lot of damage now. His Uair can combo really well and his Bair is pwnsauce now. B moves still arent that great but he never had great ones anyway. His smashes also suck less. Overall, I think he's a fast enough character with good combo and killing abillity. If I must give a rating, 8.5/10 (but it's just my opinion).
8.5 for kirby is not where I'll be headed. I'd say around 5, in comparison. Please don't forget, I'm playing REALLY good people, everytime I play.

Expect a small increas in yoshi soon, and a small decrease in pit

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
The fact that it says ''Yoshi is (still) the worst'' kind of kills Yoshi's rating here. He wasn't the worst in Melee and not in Smash 64, so what's that about? And I don't believe he really is the worst either, he seemed too good in the video's to be the worst. And his recovery never was that bad either. In Smash64 it was easy to use the Super Armor stuff to get back, in Melee the airdodging helped him too, and now his up+B will aid him in it. If you set the controls so that he can't jump by tapping up on the control stick, I can see him recovering by just using his Egg Throw, saving the flutter jump for when it's really needed. And I'm very sure the lack of DJC can be used to find new techniques for him. Honestly, this low score for Yoshi just seems really unfair.

I haven't been following most of the other characters though, especially the unlockable ones as I want to save SOMEthing for when I get it myself, but I can agree with most of the other stuff.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Hah, Yoshi the worst character. Since I'm most likely going to main him, I'm going to love this game. Since my sister will main Toon Link, things will be even better.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is one of my favourite character i just wish they made him better XD hope someone finds an amazing yoshi tech so yoshi wont be hated on.

Toon link and link will be good enough for me to main, ill play olimar, and ness and lucas alot too. Olimar looks really cool and looks like a slow character killer because of his spamable pikmin throws :)

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
As of now, how is the character balance compared to melee? Better, worse, same?

Sorry, if this has been asked but there's too many pages to wade through. Thanks for taking the time to write all this info too

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is one of my favourite character i just wish they made him better XD hope someone finds an amazing yoshi tech so yoshi wont be hated on.

Toon link and link will be good enough for me to main, ill play olimar, and ness and lucas alot too. Olimar looks really cool and looks like a slow character killer because of his spamable pikmin throws :)
I think a Yoshi techmique is the egg jump, where you use the UpB and Yoshi gains distance (I don't know if it's horizontal or vertical). I just don't know if this technique is going to cut it.

I'll find a way to use Yoshi... I WILLLL

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah there must be good yoshi mains!

I gotta find a way to use normal link too because i really wanna main normal link and toon link :p

BTW is game and watches bucket back in? i havnt seen it used yet.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
As of now, how is the character balance compared to melee? Better, worse, same?

Sorry, if this has been asked but there's too many pages to wade through. Thanks for taking the time to write all this info too
Much more balanced.

I think a Yoshi techmique is the egg jump, where you use the UpB and Yoshi gains distance (I don't know if it's horizontal or vertical). I just don't know if this technique is going to cut it.

I'll find a way to use Yoshi... I WILLLL
Yoshi's Bair combo's nicely into his Fsmash. I see this being used as his most common kill attack

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I was reading DDDs description, and I love it. But you geve him 8/10 and only said good things about him.

perhaps you should mention the only reason he is not 10/10 is because his size/speed makes him a great big combo target?

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
like everyone else has said, you need to play brawl yoshi in brawl, not melee yoshi in brawl, i disagree. sossi in 64, fumi in melee, yoshi god will come again in brawl.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I think Snake is one of those characters that directly represents the intelligence and skill of his user.

But statistically...he's an odd character. He only has one reliable "get out of my face" attack, and it's a VERY good one by those standards. Most of his other moves are very slow put powerful.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I was reading DDDs description, and I love it. But you geve him 8/10 and only said good things about him.

perhaps you should mention the only reason he is not 10/10 is because his size/speed makes him a great big combo target?
I'm pretty sure people understand that he's slow, and huge, lol.

Would you say Snake is good? Pretty good? Really good?
Snake is terrible. But, **** is he good.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
Why do people buy into this crap just wait to YOU get the game and YOU can see how is good based on YOUR skills not some person that you have no clue how good they are

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Why do people buy into this crap just wait to YOU get the game and YOU can see how is good based on YOUR skills not some person that you have no clue how good they are
Don't post in my thread with that crap. If you have no constructive criticism, get lost.

Oh...he's terrible. Wait...what?

Oh god I'm thinking too hard. I need to sit down.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom