• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lmao at edwin :p they dont let u forget about ur flaking do they well gl to everyone at this fest i would come but yeniths has got his corusework and i wouldn't know wot train to take etc i just follow yen D:

The Filth

Smash Lord
When will the pools be up.

Ill bring my wii with games/cabels.

Dooan- do you play as ZSS? if so do you want a ZSS fight as i main ZSS alot as well :D?
Hehe yeah sure, i'm up for all the experience I can get my hands on, i'm new to the competetive scene.

That goes for everyone, I'd like to shoehorn in as many friendlies as I possibly can on sunday =]

edit: Oh, I used to main ZSS, but i've drifted away from her recently... been trying to pick up snake/ganon/G+W for ****s and giggles. Hope i'm not too rusty on the day though, going to need all the help I can get :D

Smudge

Smash Lord
Yes they are all the same people Smudge lol.
Retroking is his other account but he made 'voilentjack' cos he got banned on his Retroking2000 account. His retroking account is unblocked now but for some reason he is being gay and staying on the account he is on now lol.
OH and yes he is the king of flakers. He has been known to flake events which are like 15 mins from his house and he hasn't attend anything whether it be tournament, ranbat or smashfest since April 2008 which was the Liverpool tournament called ALT lol.
But he always says he is attending stuff like this event and we know he isn't going to attend.
Cheers for the info.

And can Turner get added to the pools please :D

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
As confirmed, I won't be attending this one, probably the next. Good luck to all tomorrow! Smudge, beat em all! :D

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
edit: Oh, I used to main ZSS, but i've drifted away from her recently... been trying to pick up snake/ganon/G+W for ****s and giggles. Hope i'm not too rusty on the day though, going to need all the help I can get :D
If you want, i can give you a Ganon fight if your up for it :) lol

The Filth

Smash Lord
If you want, i can give you a Ganon fight if your up for it :) lol
Ganon dittos are probably the manliest thing there is, I'm well up for some =]

I saw some vids of your pikachu on youtube too... I'd appreciate it if you brought some vaseline to our pool matches, ima need it.

Smudge

Smash Lord

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
dammit id have come to this 1 if i knew it was here, im gonna spend a little more time on here from now on.

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament and a fun day.

1st: Edwin
2nd: Mako
3rd: OniBoy
4th: Aiko
5th: Smudge
5th: CCPLZ
7th: Ryuken
7th: Jankai

Aiko will do a full write up later.

Zero1249

Smash Rookie
A spiffing time was had by me today, thanks for making it a good day y'all

Yeniths

East Midlands!
WTF Edwin was there? Man I wished I flaked my coursework to make this now.

Smudge

Smash Lord
SHOUT-OUTS!

Aiko: Pleasure as always, cheers for running the tournament and hope to see you soon.

Edwin/Mako/CCPLZ: Great to see you guys come down. Still amazes me how you guys come up from London. Credit to you guys.

OniBoy: Great game man, gutted I got knocked out but win some, you lose some. I'll get you next time :D

Jankai: Hey man, good seeing you again, great games today, Sorry about that Epic comeback man, think I just went into auto-pilot. keep at it with the Pikachu and i'll hopefully see you in Pools next time.

Blipped Moon: Ganon Dittos FTW!, we still need to have more D3 dittos though. Stick with the King man, he'll take you far.

Dooan: Hope you enjoyed you're first time down mate, you ZSS really gave me trouble, shame about what happened to her on Rainbow Ride though, hopefully you'll be coming to more of these

RyuKen: sorry I didn't get to speak to you more, but hopefully will next time. You an your Spring Spike :p

Turner (and the Ernie-mobile): Wouldn't even have made it to the tournament if it werent for you, nice one man.

CPT Wu and Zero: Ahh the enter-train-ment (I'll get my coat lol) Making every train journey you're on a laugh, hope you two are coming the next one.

To everyone else: Cheers for coming down lads and making the day what it was and I hope to see you all next time

(Yay, I got shout-outs done right away this time lol)

The Filth

Smash Lord
Hehe, can't wait for the next one now :D

I'll try to work out the self-C4ing... and dear sweet merciful christ, anyone who picks that yellow rat in future is going to feel the pain >:(

Thanks for the shoutout smudge <3

Next time Jankai.... next time =]

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT-OUTS!

Jankai: Hey man, good seeing you again, great games today, Sorry about that Epic comeback man, think I just went into auto-pilot. keep at it with the Pikachu and i'll hopefully see you in Pools next time.
Yeah i wasn't concentrating lol, i looked away and then the next thing i no it you've won lol :p will beat you next time lol.. good meeting you anyway, didnt talk much at the first one :)

Next time Jankai.... next time =]
Next time i will just three life ya :p

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Great tournament and a fun day.

1st: Edwin
2nd: Mako
3rd: OniBoy
4th: Aiko
5th: Smudge
5th: CCPLZ
7th: Ryuken
7th: Jankai

Aiko will do a full write up later.
It seems Calzorz has trained your Snake well Oni :laugh:.

And Edwin actually turned up? And won? Niiice.

The Filth

Smash Lord
WP everyone bunch of cheaters :D cant wait for the next one gonna have to bring out the big guns i.e. normal samus!!!!!!!
Learn you some G+W for some more doubles rapage =]

I think my friend may be coming to the next one if his work permits, so you can all have yet another fresh punchbag <3

Edit: Are there any videos of todays matches by the way?

Aiko

Smash Champion
[19/4/09]

1st Retroking (Marth)
2nd Makomako (ZSS)
3rd Oniboy (Snake)
4th Aiko (Metaknight)
5th CCPLZ (Lucario + Luigi + Toonlink)
5th Smudge (Dedede)
7th Jankai (Pikachu)
7th Ryuken! (Sonic)

Awards:
Most Improved - Jankai
Shock of the Day - Dooan
Best Comeback - Smudge
Booby Prize - Zod

Current Leaderboard Standings

Position - Name [Total: scores] (Previous position)

1st - Aiko [72: 25 + 25 + 22] (1st)

2nd - Smudge [61: 22 + 19 + 20] (3rd)
3rd - Oniboy [54: 13 + 16 + 25] (4th)
4th - Blinky [42: 20 + 22] (2nd)
5th - RyuKen! [35.5: 14.5 + 14 + 17] (5th)

6th - Zero [28: 14.5 +13.5] (10th)
7th - Jankai [27.5: 10.5 + 17] (16th)
8th - Nathan [23.5: 11.5 + 12] (6th)
9th - Blipped moon [22.5: 10.5 + 12] (16th)
10th - Nillix [22: 17 + 5] (7th)

11th - Captain Wu 2[21.5: 11.5 + 10] (15th)
12th - Turner [21: 10 + 2.5 + 8.5] (14th)
13th - LunchBox [20.5: 7 +13.5] (20th)
14th - Solid Pit [19.5: 8.5 + 11] (19th)
15th - MalcolmX [19: 19] (8th)

16th - RyanGraubner [17: 17] (9th)
17th - Dooan [15: 15] (New)
18th - Darren [14: 14] (11th)
18th - Bush [14: 14] (11th)
20th - PSUK [13: 8 + 5] (13th)

21st - Jabroni [9: 9] (18th)
22nd - Deathkid [8.5: 8.5] (19th)
22nd - Zod [8.5: 8.5] (New)
24th - Suckme [5: 5] (21st)
25th - Rage [2.5: 2.5] (22nd)

Commentary

Aiko still taking a strong lead, but only coming 2nd this time, losing to Oniboy.
Smudge takes back his lead from Blinky.
Oniboy finally proving himself, taking 1st amongst the NW this time!

Ryuken gaining some solid points to boost his lead against everyone else.
Zero making a solid performance but Jankai is catching up, and FAST! Watch out for a take over next month!
A fierce battle over the next 8 places, as theres only a couple of points in it.

Points start trailing off as people haven't attended enough tournaments to maximise their points, but a strong new entry from Dooan. Shows promise and will definitely move higher next time as he gathers more points.

Next tournament not confirmed yet, but I'm looking to do it on the 17th May. Will confirm this week.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
shoryuken is a pretty cool sonic, i hope he doesn't think i'm too cocky

oniboy seemed so confident before our first match ;__; i felt pretty bad for the people who predicted that i'd lose to him easily

and smudge has gotten so much better since march, his dedede is now pretty eyebrow raising

it was pretty nice to see other good zss' there

i provide housing for him and he 3 stocks me in the grand finals, efff edwin

<3

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
if this becomes confiremed im definatly coming, and i think i'll be able to get best newcomer, gotta wait and see.

The Filth

Smash Lord
it was pretty nice to see other good zss' there
<3
Thanks, but I still feel inadequate after facing up to your sheik and peach in those team games, that was an absolute nightmare.

Still, it taught me more in a day than i've learned over months of smash, so thanks for that =]

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
lol, once against my reputation for 4th place is reinforced, its inevitable just look at the overall rankings. aiko was obviously just keeping my 4th place reserved for me :) lol jk
(anyone who doesnt get that, ive come 4th at every brawl event ive attended)
results seem pretty good, also nice to see oniboy living up to his improvements
i should have put money on edwin winning, id probs have made a fortune due to flaking odds, really doesnt suprise me that he won though
jankai out of pools? congratulations :)
sounded like it was good, wish i went now lol
good to see smudge and ryuken keeping people on their toes too
ill probably be at the next one :)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
results went as i expected to be honest sounded like a fun day and gratz to edwin and mako for 1st and 2nd :p i couldn't make this one but i plan to come to the next if its ok aiko

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
My shoutouts

Mako : Thanks for housing me , seems like you only had the mission to give the business and you did.
you would have ***** me if only you got me into the air
the fact that im always jumping at you its like everything right in front of you

CCPLZ: play more gay lol. you need to use Utilt some more + Lucarios jabs are too good setting up

Aiko: your MK is too grounded you'll win if your abused your air game ^^ i wanted more games with you. i like the way you recover made make its so much harder to get a ko

Ryuken : sonics fsmash is gay lol , GGs man i would have to say your approach game is too basic for a sonic user ,
Use his Dash combined with the spin attacks to bait players more + you could Bair more

Pit: Falco you allowed me to get to you too quickly without you slowing down my game (lazer more)
Zelda . her moves have to must speed/multihits you should learn shield pressure abit better

Smudge: i didnt know our first game was a tourney match lol , i like your D3 alot it seems to hold its own especially vs those fast characters. close there space with pivoted Ftilts . and >B + Bair is too godly :)

Darko: Falcons Nair is too good :) , your such a solid Falcon , cpt zeppo/fuzzyness where you at lol - Im calling you guys out

to the player that went ? random vs ccplz : i lol'd at the Ike Fsmashes

Oniboy : learn the time for destruction of grenades. I know snakes not a fast character but motar slide makes up for that.
pivoted uptilts ****
Jab jab Dair :)
how to **** Mako : learn his movement for a attempted >B he always seemed to get you
snake can **** shields dont just >A>A them mix up his powerful attacks
you can possibly upthrow + upsmash , wait for landing then uptilt
but your style is very good i call you a mini calzorz

its a shame though that i didnt get to play more people

mako ask's me at the end of the tournament

: edwin think your going to go to this event again
i say : i dont think i am , i dont find brawl that enjoyable to travel for that again

TBH the only reason i attended this is because of andy

ultimately i would have never went

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom