• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
A brawl event. This must literally must be boring as ****. I am known for not liking brawl but forget an event where that is JUST played. I don't see where you lot get your fun from it.
I advise someone to bring along melee for some entertainment when the brawl gets unbareable.
Wait!!! If you don't like Brawl, then why are you in this thread?

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Great day! Thanks Aiko!

Wow what a fantastic day! My first tournament and I enjoyed it muchly! I am suprised I beat the people I did, some fantastic games there! It was also really great to meet long time online friends such as PSUK, Smudge, Turner, Oniboy for the first time in person, and also NilliX again. I did kinda feel like a loose end at times, but I observed the best I could. I tried my best though and i'm happy with the results.

Blue Game and Watch FTW! :laugh:

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Were any matches recorded? And does anyone know the placings?
I'm sure Aiko will update them when he gets a chance, he was working hard today keeping everything in order. NilliX, PSUK, Turner were filming a few things, i'm sure others were too. Perhaps we can combine the footage together so everyone has a chance to see it all.

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Holy **** im using account :O Anyway the point. :p

Good day got me some time on my GBcard (random ftw!) :D
RANDOM!!! I can't even believe you did that dude, maining random is unheard of in a tournament. Nice work though, you did well. I enjoyed playing your toon link. You're a bomb spammer though ;)

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Today was a heap of fun! I was utterly abysmal throughout pools, but at least that left the rest of the day to chill and have some manly 1-stock POWER MATCHES :laugh:

I didn't stress enough at the time, but I have to give a shout-out to Darren for playing so well today, considering it's his first ever outing into the competitive scene, or even the non-online gameplay! Props indeed.

And also, a shout to every Snake that was there.
You're all ****s.
Cunning, skilled and downright nasty ****s.
I love each and every one of you because of that.

Really great day. The videos will be uploaded sometime this week and stuff. Youtube "NilliX" in a few days to see if anything's happened. I might need some help with naming matches, as i'm not sure who was playing who. I just whipped the camera out and filmed whatever screen was closest. :lick:

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Today was a heap of fun! I was utterly abysmal throughout pools, but at least that left the rest of the day to chill and have some manly 1-stock POWER MATCHES :laugh:
Yeah playing on hyrule is sick on one stock :) Your not a bad player may i add ;) did get a good few hit in the pit :D

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
I didn't stress enough at the time, but I have to give a shout-out to Darren for playing so well today, considering it's his first ever outing into the competitive scene, or even the non-online gameplay! Props indeed.
Coming from someone with such skill at Brawl, this means an awful lot. I truly had a great time. I took all the advice I could and I would appreciate any feedback that anyone can give me. I know I have a long way to go to match the majority of standards, but this was a good start. I've met a lot of cool people today, I just wish I could have mixed a little more with others. You're all a great bunch :chuckle:

turner

Smash Cadet
LBX or LXB its one of the two i demand a rematch at some point. I'm gonna spam your *** off. :p

And 4 way tlink brawl was epic!
Nuff said

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Its LBX lol I play with him prity much every weekend and so his spamming technique is now apart of me lol

But it seemed to worked very well against newcomers which was fun to watch :p

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Its LBX lol I play with him prity much every weekend and so his spamming technique is now apart of me lol

But it seemed to worked very well against newcomers which was fun to watch :p
He is extremely good, he didn't seem too surprised to win though :p

Rage™

Smash Rookie
LBX or LXB its one of the two i demand a rematch at some point. I'm gonna spam your *** off. :p

And 4 way tlink brawl was epic!
Nuff said
Yes it was should do some more TL 4 way next time or even Pit 4 way imagine the arrow chaos :p

Was a good day enjoyed it loads can't wait for the next one!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Troll mabe? I'm New here..
loool Troll, the dumb internet terms of other people always brings a chuckle to my life. Oh yes you are new here as I can see. Welcome to this community. I hope you had fun at this brawl event. I hope you got atleast 3 consecutive hits in your event 2day which would be a really good sign of your improvement. Just try and get to the limit which is about 4 and you will do fine from now on.

Tell me when you wanna play some melee. I might help out.

Wait!!! If you don't like Brawl, then why are you in this thread?
To get my occasional amusement at those who play brawl and STILL try to wonder where the fun is init.
Plus the freedom to look at the threads allows me to click in here.

Tell me when you wanna play some melee. I might help out.

Edit: Out of curiousity can anyone show me an interesting, close and tense brawl match? Just trying to see if this can get have an ounce of fun in it.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
loool Troll, the dumb internet terms of other people always brings a chuckle to my life. Oh yes you are new here as I can see. Welcome to this community. I hope you had fun at this brawl event. I hope you got atleast 3 consecutive hits in your event 2day which would be a really good sign of your improvement. Just try and get to the limit which is about 4 and you will do fine from now on.
You always this patronising?

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Hi guys it's (PiT) :D great day out cant wait to do it again, BRING ON THE POWERTHIRST wp everybody.
Sorry Pit, I can't put a face to the name. Either way, glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm still coming down from the excitement :p This tournament has really brought my love out for this great game. You can only play so many online matches before it gets boring, this has shown me that there are decent players out there, and I know I can do better the more I practice.

solid-Pit

Smash Apprentice
Thats true Darren just means us the few that didnt do great can come back and show these snakes and metaknights how to play brawl or just cower away behind some spam - seems to work aswell.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
My picachu seemed to be the only one there :(.. Didnt see another one at all, saw a few ganons but not to many lucass, doesnt matter tho just means my picachu was the best :) after that amazing perfect KO thats all the inspiration i need to get better with it :D

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Thats true Darren just means us the few that didnt do great can come back and show these snakes and metaknights how to play brawl or just cower away behind some spam - seems to work aswell.
Heh, well i've seen some decent play today. Aiko's Metaknight was an inspiration, I was watching him closely in a non stalker way :laugh: I really wish I had the chance to play him again, but I wasn't going to disturb him when he was busy playing.

Professor Pro, we all know you came here to get a reaction so this one is just for you! You're entitled to your opinion, but stop trying to cause a conflict here. We've all had a great day, I have personally enjoyed it. If you like Melee, that's fine but stop trying to push your opinions on to other people. I'm even going to ignore your comments regarding your Fox. :psycho:

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard of you and tbh i think your to far up your own arse to even see past your **** colourd rainbow you call melee. Am just here to chat, make friends go to some events and not have some cocky cokney sat behind his computer screen telling me what i don't do.

turner

Smash Cadet
No you don't play melee. I have never heard of you. MM?
I am Professor Pro and I am the best in the UK in melee without a doubt. Who are you? Are you coming to any melee events?
Not to mention his heads so far up his own arse it's coming out of his mouth.
Thats a talent aye ;)

Rage™

Smash Rookie
My picachu seemed to be the only one there :(.. Didnt see another one at all, saw a few ganons but not to many lucass, doesnt matter tho just means my picachu was the best :) after that amazing perfect KO thats all the inspiration i need to get better with it :D
We'll have a pika fight next time then. My Pika will win! I played Pika as well just in friendlys though.

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Now now come on people, this is exactly what he wants. Please don't give him the satisfaction. We've all had a great day, let us not have someone come along and spoil it now.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
We'll have a pika fight next time then. My Pika will win! I played Pika as well just in friendlys though.
Am sure i played you rage lol :p I mainly played on the wall telly closest to were the finals were :)

Now now come on people, this is exactly what he wants. Please don't give him the satisfaction. We've all had a great day, let us not have someone come along and spoil it now.
Dont worry about it Darren :) it just anoys me when people think there 10 men sat behind a computer screen knowing they can only be touched by words and themselves :p

Who did you main as anyway darren? may have played ya at some point :)

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Am sure i played you rage lol :p I mainly played on the wall telly closest to were the finals were :)

Dont worry about it Darren :) it just anoys me when people think there 10 men sat behind a computer screen knowing they can only be touched by words and themselves :p

The blue Mr Game & Watch. Or as i'm calling him, Tournament Watch! :chuckle:

I saw you play Turner's tink today, I think. There's so many of you I lose track of who was who. Some people I also didn't dare approach to say hi :p

Rage™

Smash Rookie

Haha prob what colour was ur TL in the 4way, if you played in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom