• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northern Michigan Smashers?

rsr2

Smash Lord
I'm sure they do. I haven't talked to them in a while actually but I can message them to see if they do.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
That would be great if you did! I would feel awkward walking into a group of Magic fans and be like, "So who plays Smash!" Then everyone says, "Nope."

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
im excited for the tournament thanks for setting that up!

Can't wait!

rsr2

Smash Lord
$5 venue an $5 per event I also plan on getting prizes to give away too just for showing up and playing. Like White Gamecube Controllers :p

Everything will be set in stone in the next few days so keep your eye out :D

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
If you need a hand setting up I can get there early. Like I said I live 5 mins away and won't be doing anything in the morning.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I will for sure need it. I am working on a flyer to be passed around so if you want to post those too that would be helpful :D Also setups will be needed. I will wave the venue fee for each person bringing a setup. I will update Everything Friday.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
If you guys want I could make a logo for the TC tournament if there isn't one already.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Yeah I will for sure need it. I am working on a flyer to be passed around so if you want to post those too that would be helpful :D Also setups will be needed. I will wave the venue fee for each person bringing a setup. I will update Everything Friday.
If you want to upload the flyer, I can spread some around Gaylord.

rsr2

Smash Lord
If you guys want I could make a logo for the TC tournament if there isn't one already.
Go for it :D my friend will finish the Flyer when she gets home from work. So the Logo would be hype!

If you want to upload the flyer, I can spread some around Gaylord.
I will right when it's done and I will post it on the thread too. Everything will be ready to go by Friday.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I won't have time to make the logo by then, I'm going downstate this weekend. I might be able to do it next week.

Any suggestions for things to include in the logo?

Last edited:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I will have the flyers and stuff up after the 14th. I posted on the facebook event page the reason. Also i am tryingt o get sponsors as well. Also the banner needs wolf o donnell somewhere in there but other than that work your magic.

Also post 1000

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I may be a noob but someone explain wolf o donnel?

Were you going to get a banner printed for the event?
If you were I worked at a sign shop in TC that might be able to get me a deal on it. Or maybe if we have their logo on the sign they will provide it for free?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I'm working on the logo and is the name set at Grand Traverse Smash 4?

If it isn't set in stone I was thinking something along the lines of North Coast Smash? Any other suggestions on a name?

So I came up with this, give me critiques if you guys think I should change anything

Last edited:

rsr2

Smash Lord
So far not sure. I am hoping around 20-30 but we can easily fit 70-80 in the room. Also here is the flyer if you want to start posting them in Gaylord Anthony. If you do I can reimburse you the money you use to make the flyers.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I'll see if I can get some out in TC. Local game stores, NMC, the mall.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah a friend of mine claimed he posted some around in T.C but I am not sure. But yeah feel free to do so :D I don't really go out to T.C much so it will be hard for me to post them around.

I will post around Kalkaska and Mancelona and I have someone posting them in Boyne and Petoskey. I have a feeling this will be pretty big. I also have a couple more prizes for the raffle. ^ _ ^

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Yea I feel like it could be really big . We will have to wait and see I guess!

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
I am going to drop a flyer off at the comic book store and maybe at GameStop, if they let me. Thinking of other spots I can post the flyer.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Schools and the bowling alley would be good. Oh and the library. I havent been around gaylord other than my bowling league on wednesday nights. Sorry if my posts look derp sometimes because typing on my phone sucks...

Last edited:

rsr2

Smash Lord
I sadly have one but i am sure if you ask someone on the facebook event page someone would be down.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I'm not sure if I will be doing doubles or not but I will need a partner if I do.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Almost a week away! I am actually really excited!

Also the white Controller I am giving away will arrive on Tuesday. So I have 3 prizes so far for the raffle and I will get more next week. It will be like random gift cards and maybe an Amiibo.

rsr2

Smash Lord
So I was thinking of hosting a BI-weekly or a Monthly at the mall. Sadly I cannot do it on Saturday because I work every Saturday but I was thinking Wednesdays. What do you guys think?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Weekdays aren't good for me either. Would it be in that room again? I feel like that would be expensive for a bi-weekly thing I do like the idea of it though.

I'm not sure if you had though about doing it at the library in TC. Not sure if they have a room we could use, it is a pretty big library

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Weekdays aren't good for me either. Would it be in that room again? I feel like that would be expensive for a bi-weekly thing I do like the idea of it though.

I'm not sure if you had though about doing it at the library in TC. Not sure if they have a room we could use, it is a pretty big library
The room we used last time was only $50.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I guess if we have a good number of people it wouldn't be that much split.

Pacoheadley

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pacoheadley
So I was thinking of hosting a BI-weekly or a Monthly at the mall. Sadly I cannot do it on Saturday because I work every Saturday but I was thinking Wednesdays. What do you guys think?
Monday - Thursday wouldn't work for me because of school and living 2 hours away, but if Fridays or Sundays were an option I could go to those when there aren't closer events!

Pacoheadley

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pacoheadley
Also, I live in Mt. Pleasant, and near Sault Ste. Marie in the summer. If anyone knows of anything going on in these areas at any time, that would be great!

rsr2

Smash Lord
Sadly I work every weekend. ;_; But I was thinking of making the events be like a smashfest and maybe a tournament if it generates interest. Anyone can bring whatever smash game and i would charge like $2 venue fee.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I'm finally getting a wii u this weekend.

How about we get people to post their Nintendo ID's so we can have some friendlies :chuckle:

Pacoheadley

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pacoheadley
Sadly I work every weekend. ;_; But I was thinking of making the events be like a smashfest and maybe a tournament if it generates interest. Anyone can bring whatever smash game and i would charge like $2 venue fee.
Any time it happens and I actually have a chance to make it up there I will!

Top Bottom