• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Good **** Peter.

Kevin do you want to be on the panel?

So maybe me, Tafo, Peter, and then some combination of Kevin/Alan/SFAT? Anyone else?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Well my question is how do we know the same thing wont happen 2-3 PRs later.

You have 3 current members apart of your projected team, yet the current panel is notorious for going long periods of time with no updates. Sure, Peter has nothing to do all day, but I know I (and a few other smashers) have a very, very hard time reaching him. Not to mention hes not as active as others in the scene.

I know if I was a panelist i'd be down to create/revise the list whenever, and i'd motivate other panelists to do the same, but if all you're doing is taking 3 OG panelists and tacking on some fresh faces is that really gonna be enough to get **** done?

Maybe you could give me some insight into why you guys have such long periods of time in between each ranking period.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I say we quit with this power ranking bull****. I, for one, think this is just a huge waste of all of your time. You're going to update something based on the random tournament showings of a few people over, and over, and over again.

Also, Mr.Bane is the OG homie.

SFAT

Smash Ace

You have 3 current members apart of your projected team, yet the current panel is notorious for going long periods of time with no updates. Sure, Peter has nothing to do all day, but I know I (and a few other smashers) have a very, very hard time reaching him. Not to mention hes not as active as others in the scene.

I know if I was a panelist i'd be down to create/revise the list whenever, and i'd motivate other panelists to do the same, but if all you're doing is taking 3 OG panelists and tacking on some fresh faces is that really gonna be enough to get **** done?

Maybe you could give me some insight into why you guys have such long periods of time in between each ranking period.
^

Yes I would like to be a part of the panel.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't think it really makes sense for me or peter to be panelists at this point given that we don't really go to tournaments

i would love to contribute hypothetical condescending nonsense if it's needed though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
0. kfc
1. bizzarro flame
2. choknater
3. maru
4. gb
5. 69%

the real norcal

jk lol

the fake norcal

i wonder if maru/gb have gotten better than me yet

i'll have to go down there and see

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
0. kfc
1. Tumbleweed [FIXED]
2. bizzarro flame
3. choknater
4. maru
5. gb
6. 69%

the real norcal

jk lol

the fake norcal

i wonder if maru/gb have gotten better than me yet

i'll have to go down there and see
There you go!

Shroomed

Smash Master
Sometimes I love Alan's ruthlessness, and I agree. No point in having the same people that take 9+ months be panelists so the same thing can happen again. Even if they're the most qualified for the position. I don't know about Zac being a panelist though. That guy is dumb.

Mccain, when is Socal going to get ***** in League of Legends by me and Alan? Let's play next week. I can't this weekend because I have a fraternity camping trip and I have a midterm today and tomorrow. Anytime after Monday would be fine.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I say we quit with this power ranking bull****. I, for one, think this is just a huge waste of all of your time. You're going to update something based on the random tournament showings of a few people over, and over, and over again.

Also, Mr.Bane is the OG homie.
it's not a waste of time for the people willing to do it

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

Well that's really up to everyone else that wants to be on the panel. If you don't want any of us on there, then form your own panel. So do you want to be a panelist or do you just want to complain about the current one (not saying your complaints aren't justified)?

As for why we haven't updated, as you pointed out there's less activity among the panelists (except me maybe) and no one wanted to try to wrangle the other members to do a new rankings. Lucien stopped updating that spreadsheet so we were also less motivated because it meant more work in front of us, so that inertia just kind of propagated itself.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK so how about this panel:
Me, Tafokints, SFAT, Alan.

By the way, people who went to CGC 24 (aka the one that was during P5 I think), can you list the results of the important sets? Or does someone have the tio file that I could get to?

Zoap

Smash Master
Maybe proposing that we update after X amount of tournaments instead of X amount of months would ensure continuous and constant updates. Obviously though with X amount of tournaments leaves people very little wiggle room for missing any one tournament.

As to why I haven't been as "active", out of the last 3 tournaments being Santa Rosa and two San Joses, I attended the one in Santa Rosa. The first in San Jose I had a friends bday to go to and the last one was simply based on me not wanting to have to spend either 40.00 in gas, or 11 dollars+gas money for Darrell on top of entering/food etc. As I said before I'm looking for a job, so my money isn't as free-flowing as it used to be as I've basically burned up my savings at this point.

As to reaching me, I never recall having any issues with Kevin or Sheridan reaching me for a PR. Ignoring other people who are bothering me for who knows what reason has no effect on my availability for PR.

In the past I know myself personally had issues with school causing scheduling conflicts etc, but as I said, I no longer go to school and I don't have work(hopefully this changes).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'd like to keep Peter on the panel personally. If the new people don't like what Peter and I do or don't think we're putting in the effort they can overrule us and do their own thing since it would be 3-2.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Updating every 3 tournaments instead of every 3 months (since they're damn near synonymous) would be a better and more strict change. Being active simply means having gone to one of those. If you're gonna go to once tourny every 3 months, and you do badly, then you should be reflected as such on the PR (get that benefit of the doubt **** outta here).

Im still iffy on Peter, but its not like it cant be changed down the line.

Zoap

Smash Master
So 3 tournaments, with a requirement of 1. That doesn't sound too bad.

:) Sheridan
:( Alan

EDIT: Alan, they banned Speed Boost Blaziken... what is the world coming to.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion

I'll let you bother me about pokemon ALL DAY next time we see each other.

Edit: just saw your edit, LOLWAT?!

See, I knew the banning of swiftswim + drizzle was gonna lead to the banning of hella dumb **** that isnt broken.

Zoap

Smash Master
yea, well the stupid thing is, it doesn't even say Blaziken+SpeedBoost, it just says Blaziken. Which means Blaziken is uber lol.

Thats the price you pay when you make Infernape look like ****.

I should make a poster of that now that I think about it.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Infernape made Blaziken look like a ***** all of 4th generation!

Get **** on Blaziken.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I am going to be out unfortunately. I will try ad much as I can to stay active on my phones aim

Top Bottom