• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOBIE WANTS SOME ADVICE WITH ICs

ConF1ictz

Smash Journeyman
so i havent played in about 5 years when Melee was the ****. now im trying to get back into brawl because a bunch of kids at my new college play and i wanna beat their *****. my main was the ICE CLIMBERS in melee and i see some of the applications are the same in brawl(spikes and such). i can desynch well but i still need some brawl work.

please help me, espcially against snake because theres this one who mains him and i wanna take him out

i also play Captain Falcon in brawl so if anyone can help with that too

please direct me to the proper threads or if youre a skilled ice climber player we can play on wifi and you can show me a few things or whatever.

ive always loved these forums and the people on here so i know someone can help me out.

ConF1ictz

Smash Journeyman
i cant seem to grasp the concepts of that, is there a youtube video anyone knows of i can watch to perfect chaingrabbing?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Here ya go bro. =w= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfGqpHBZI4

I just picked up ice climbers a few days ago. Anywho, I recommend learning how to do the down throw + forward throw chaingrab first as its the easiest. Chaingrabbing will always be different for each character because the animation changed for whoever your throwing. Also when your chaining throws together you gotta move the analog stick only slightly so the other ice climber doesn't run when they grab. Its definitely nothing your gonna become a master at in a day. Still, ice climbers ****. :V

Edit: Oh also seriously, check out the iceclimber boards. Very helpful stuff there.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Yeah this is kinda is the wrong board, because there's everything you need on the IC's board: Q&A's, CG guides, Desync Guides, Video Critique Guides, IC MU's, Pro IC's, IC Guide for Dummies, and IC's for Experts! And I probably missed a few too.

But be warned, opponents begin to act really gay against CG'ing IC's. Both low-level and high-level players will begin to hit-and-run alot, and if the timer's on, they'll usually try to clock you out.

ConF1ictz

Smash Journeyman
ive been trying to use the captain lately but he sucks pretty bad, ill think ill look into diddy or metaknight

Top Bottom