• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-Practical Egg Roll Trick

Seanson

Smash Ace
I was doodling around today with edge eggs, and I accidentally did something I never saw before.

You know how sometimes when you try to do an aerial you land on the platform instead of attacking? Well I realized thats what I accidentally did with egg roll. It's kind of funny, completely unpractical, but neat I suppose.

Anyways, I made a little video demonstrating it. Sorry about the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ8gV8YZ5c

Let me know if it has already been discovered, just thought I'd throw it out there.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow! I've never seen that done before! I'm going to have to go try that! This could be useful for messing with the opponent's mind!

Seanson

Smash Ace
I should mention there is no hitbox (i think) until you start rolling, so after the bounce. in the mean time you're just a big bouncey egg. as if egg roll isnt easy enough to get hit out of though :laugh:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I liked the music. ^_^

I also like how you bounced right over Fox, wow. o_0

I'd be interested in the egg bouncing straight up, that might have a few very situational uses.

Nice, I like it. Stylish. ^_^

Sharky

Smash Master
hehe I remember discovering this on accident a while back, such a shock lol. You can also use this to get an extra bounce off of platforms by using the egg roll on the ground below it. Though this really only works on fountain of dreams where the platform heights change to where it needs to be.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I've done this on a few different stages. Kongo Jungle, Pokemon Stadium and some others. I used this to avoid a Ganondorf/Falcon down-B, and a Jigglypuff's roll-out. It can really screw with people sometimes.

If you do this trick with the platforms above you, you jump much higher. You have you initial bounce height, plus if you get it right you'll move up a whole 1/4 egg or so onto the platform, and then have another egg bounce as you touch ground again, so it's as if you jumped from the platform, but are still in the egg.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I've actually seen a battle with pretty good players, where one of them played Yoshi and used that regularly as his ledge recovery. It is quite an amusing technique although I fear it would be very punishable at higher level play.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
hehe I remember discovering this on accident a while back, such a shock lol. You can also use this to get an extra bounce off of platforms by using the egg roll on the ground below it. Though this really only works on fountain of dreams where the platform heights change to where it needs to be.

Dude I was just about to type that, beat me to it. Fountain of dreams for the win.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you look at, I think, D1's youtube page and see his Fumi videos, there's one about egg roll tricks. I think it's called Gorogorogoro, which is what the Japanese say instead of rollrollroll. This one's in there as well as a few other well known Yoshi roll tricks.

My favourite is still the reverse egg roll that does not break on walls.

EDIT: D1 doesn't have the video it seems.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, I can't find the video.

How to do that trick - go under the platforms on the left of Hyrule temple. Stand on the lower platform and jump up. I'm not sure about the exact height, but when you get to that height you egg roll to the right. Then, when Yoshi's egg pops up to the platform above you hold left. Yoshi will roll to the left without turning around, allowing you to roll into the wall on your left without breaking the egg.

Fumi showed another example of this where he was on the home run contest level. He would do this trick from the left edge, roll right and the egg would break when he got to the right side of the platform, despite there being no wall there.

Rolling backwards ftw.

Top Bottom