• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No wifi options? Here's a fix that doesn't require deleting your save

cynicalhuang

Smash Rookie
Losing your save data sucks. Instead, go to erase all data, BUT when the warning message appears to confirm, choose NO. Go back to see if wifi options popped up.

It has worked for me, and some others so far. It doesn't make any sense, but if you are missing the options menu in wifi, it doesn't hurt to give this a try.

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
No, this isn't a "not always available" problem. It is very clearly a defect in the saved game that many people are experiencing. I'll be trying this later tonight.. hope it works!

Skyler0

Smash Rookie
Yeah, even the intruction booklet explains that it's not always available.
That's a misconception. The instruction booklet says the spectator option may not be available. It is referring to the actual Spectator mode that is inside the 'Play Anyone' menu.

The options menu itself should never be missing. It also contains the Smash Services. The instruction booklet does not say anything about Smash Services being missing.

Also, on a more important note, people (myself included) are reporting that the menu just shows up now. No need to go erase your game. No need to say no when asked to erase your game. I logged into WFC this morning, and it was just there. I didn't do anything to trigger it either.

I think Nintendo worked out the problem.

Hitmanthe3rd

Smash Rookie
So wait. My online Option shows up but I tryed to join a game and an error came up in all out brawl. But Then I searched again and no1 was on. So just doing this will fix it? I guess Ill try it

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
No, this isn't a "not always available" problem. It is very clearly a defect in the saved game that many people are experiencing. I'll be trying this later tonight.. hope it works!
I didn't see the options for the first 4 evenings of Wifi play and just saw them for the first time last night. I changed NOTHING. Sometimes it just doesn't appear.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I tried this method and it didnt work. First did no on the first msg, and then tried the 3rd msg and it didnt work.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
Of course it didn't work now, Mr. Game & Watch... the Nintendo Wifi servers are just going through repairs right now. Did you notice this thread was made 3 days after Brawl was released in America?

dream theater

Smash Cadet
How ironic, that happened to me last night and I didnt worry about it, then I was in the data erase thing and clicked no but I wasn't doing anything I was just fooling around and exploring. then I came back today and it was back.

also my spectating thing disappeared o.o

AoiSora

Smash Rookie
Of course it didn't work now, Mr. Game & Watch... the Nintendo Wifi servers are just going through repairs right now. Did you notice this thread was made 3 days after Brawl was released in America?
So that's why I can't connect. Many thanks for your inadvertent help.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Losing your save data sucks. Instead, go to erase all data, BUT when the warning message appears to confirm, choose NO. Go back to see if wifi options popped up.

It has worked for me, and some others so far. It doesn't make any sense, but if you are missing the options menu in wifi, it doesn't hurt to give this a try.
I tryed that.

And congrats, you made me go through the most frightening experience of my life for NOTHING!

They're still gone.

Mybe it has to do with me not fighting "with anyone" for a long while

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
lol i guess this guy just wants you to go to the erase data screen and accidently press yes. Obviously that option will return from itself and that erase data is a fake

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Hmm, I have the problem very occasionally, too. Both the Options and Spectator menus will be unavailable a while (maybe hours, no more than a day I think) for me. It apparently varies for everyone, but I think clearly the only reliable "fix" is to just try again later. It comes back entirely on its own.

Top Bottom