• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Title

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this is probably the best blog ever... I completely agree with it, sometimes I ask myself "Why do people get offended if it doesn't pertain to them or their personal life in any way?"

§witch

Smash Lord
"You didn't experience slavery so why do you care?"

Basically, your white friend is a ******. There's absolutely no reason for him to ever say ****** under any circumstances, so it shouldn't even be an issue.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Oh, sure he has the freedom to say what he will, but he shouldn't be surprised if he gets beat up for saying it. It's akin to calling someone a Nazi, or comparing someone to Hitler. It is a derogatory slur that has no basis for legitimate use, and so if its used its definitely meant to be offensive. To think otherwise is to be ignorant to its origination and connotation. ***** on the other hand, is a term of endearment, a word invented by black people in the old days as a means to "flip" the meaning of the actual word, so as to stick it to the man, so to speak. It is still inappropriate to use, unless you're considered one yourself, by those you're saying it with.... in which case it's cool. But if you just stroll into a club and start "yo, wassup my n1ggas!" yer gonna catch a beat down, lol. Unless you're black, in which case it's secret code for "what's going on my fellow ex-slaves, care to partake in some tasty refreshment?" or something.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Whenever I hear the n word, I immediately think of chocolate, specifically Snickers bars. I have no idea why.

Anyway, this is a good blog. I approve.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I find it funny that people are like "yeah if you say n***** expect to get your *** beat" etc etc.

Doesn't that just enforce the stereotype that black people are mindless, uneducated thugs that have no better reaction to a slur than violent retaliation?

Just a thought.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Personally, I use all sorts of slurs, and really don't care if anyone says the N word.

As for black people in general, we really are just as racist as everyone else, if not more so. Yet we get all huffy when someone uses the N word. We can't have it both ways.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I find it funny that people are like "yeah if you say n***** expect to get your *** beat" etc etc.

Doesn't that just enforce the stereotype that black people are mindless, uneducated thugs that have no better reaction to a slur than violent retaliation?

Just a thought.
It really comes down to why it's being said.

Case in point: me and my gf at the time are out in a parking lot stuck behind some drunk dude, and she's driving and honking at him to get him to move. Finally he does, and we park. Dude circles around so as we're leaving the car he's rolling his window down "you all need to learn to go around." *sigh* now ME I just keep walking. That's me. But she, no. She's all up in the dude's car window "what you say to me? what?" Now ... she should have known better than to call him a N.

Next thing you know, the car's stopping, dude's getting out, 6 foot tall, "oh someone's gonna get slapped now, mutha-Fka" paces up quickly behind her, and just nicks her HAIR, not her body, just the back of her hair near the base of her neck... I'm literally standing to the side, a good bit away... and watching, thinking ... 'oh my' .... she turns and starts wailing on him, throwing fists, kicks, this insane barrage of physical strikes, none of which do anything but make the guy go o.O; and then :BOOM: one punch to her mouth, she's flat on her backside.

"Get him!" she says, blood trickling, her front top teeth pushed in.

I'm like, u-mad? seriously?? really, though? REALLY?

SO... *big sigh* FINE. I toe up, and think to myself, this guy was in the right! who am I to defend my racist girlfriend? I raise my fists as does he, then I do what no fighter should ever do (unless you mean to), I take my eyes off his. BOOM lighter smack, upper cheek, glasses flying, I don't go down, I take the blow, nod my head, "can we go, now?" I ask my gf. She's on the phone to the police. He realizes he's drunk, driving, assaulted and bloodied a white women, in the deep south.

He gets back in his car, and we never see him again. Police report is filed, but no assault charges pressed, because I just wanna go home, and fix my glasses.

I let him hit me, see, cause she was in the wrong, and me by her side, turned the other cheek, the christian thing to do... it's funny now that I think of it, there were witnesses who came flocking to us after it happened "I saw that big black guy, he hit you, he hit both of you." ... and the whole time, it was he that was the real victim, or her poor word choice, and attitude.

Thankfully I was able to turn that around in her, she's not as near sighted. Also there's lots of mental issues, not Tourette's, but **** near, lol flights of fancy, purposefully putting yourself in life threatening situations, having no self control, having break downs in the fight/flight center, etc. heavy on the meds, heavy on the patience and love. But that day, was a day where it was obvious someone needed a lesson taught, and it wasn't him, it was her.

So yes, the N word is a bad word, and should not be used, especially as a word of hate, but the real point is, there's no other way to use it, so it just shouldn't be used at all.

This can be applied to any other slur, but black folks in america especially over the age of 30 have a STRONG sense of entitlement when it comes to retaliation for that word being used against them as if it were a weapon. And I can't... fault them for it. I am not black, but more so I am not oppressed, nor have I ever been. My people, sure, the Chinese didn't have it so well back in the rail road days, the old west, and whatnot. Or during WWII, heh No Dogs or Chinese. But whatever, I just don't act that way, I'm very passive in nature, preferring to out-reason, out-logic people I encounter than to rely on fisticuffs.

Hopefully in 30 more years the word will be as meaningless as the phrase son-of-a-***** is now. Seriously, them used to be fighting words, but it's not been for a long time. That's all this N word needs, Time. Remember Segregation JUST ended like, 30 years ago in a lot of places. My grandma in law can remember "white only" and "black only" parking spaces, you can still almost see it, but for the layers of paint covering it, but she remembers which ones were which. It's sick and scary and a most dark chapter in our history but time will heal it, as it heals all things.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I don't understand is why do blacks complain about slavery and all of that nonsense many other races had it MUCH worse.
For example blacks were being enslaved for around 200 years (correct me if I'm wrong) and the British and Irish were enslaved for about 800 years.... I think there is a 4:1 difference there, yet blacks complain about it more than anyone.
Interestingly, there are more "slaves" today than any other point in history. (from sex trafficking and all of that stuff)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That black dude shouldn't have hit your girlfriend in the first place.

Still, your gf was mad dumb.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And what about negro, is that a negative word too?
Nope, just old fashioned.

It's the neutral term for a black person.

What's funny is that it's racist in other languages and they have other words in place of negro. Negro literally translates to black though so heh.

§witch

Smash Lord
Another thing I don't understand is why do blacks complain about slavery and all of that nonsense many other races had it MUCH worse.
You can't qualify or quantify how bad different races had it when they were enslaved.

For example blacks were being enslaved for around 200 years (correct me if I'm wrong) and the British and Irish were enslaved for about 800 years.... I think there is a 4:1 difference there, yet blacks complain about it more than anyone.
The British and Irish were not enslaved for 800 years. I'm going to presume you mean during the reign of the Roman empire, and if you are, you are horrible wrong. Britain was finally defeated by the Romans in around 40 A.D., and the Romans left by 400 A.D. Also, they weren't enslaved, they were oppressed.

Interestingly, there are more "slaves" today than any other point in history. (from sex trafficking and all of that stuff)
lol

And no, there are not more slaves now then there ever was before.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
That black dude shouldn't have hit your girlfriend in the first place.

Still, your gf was mad dumb.
I second this.

But eh, Sucumbio...
Just because you don't want trouble, you shouldn't always ask for the other cheek after a slap.
If you know what I mean...

Top Bottom