• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Sheik threads

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry to change topics, but I think it's awfully weird that ZSS and Samus have separate threads. Sheik and Zelda players are a very different species, whereas ZSS and Samus players HAVE to be the same player. Sheik and Zelda players can very much play their respective character without even touching the other, but if you want to play ZSS you have to play Samus.
Nothing you said actually has anything to do with why these forums were made separate. If you want to know why, you can look for my recent posts which say why.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Ok, could you please read the trophies?

How can you tell me what was intended?
You were not part of the development team. You don't know. You are assuming.
What irrefutable FACTS do you have to support the claim that they were intended to be swapped regularly? The fact that they are linked by their b move is not enough. Zelda changes into Sheik in OoT. This was reason enough for her to change into Sheik in Melee. This doesn't mean you were meant to use both of them interchangeably. It's a gimmick.
We have more evidence than you do. Considering those trophies serve as information from the developers to the consumers, we have no reason to doubt what they explicitly tell us.

And since you're making the claim about how they were meant to be played, could you go ahead and explain to me exactly how they messed it up so bad in the actual game? Why did the final product veer so far away from the "original plan"?
It's not a claim, it's a fact. It's not an assumption, it's a fact. There's no reason for us to doubt their intention just because it doesn't work in a tournament setting.

And while PT's pokemon force you to switch, they are not interdependent in that their fighting styles do not rely on each other as you suggest Sheik and Zelda's are supposed to.
It's not like Squirtle is the combo character and Charizard is the KO character. If they were meant to be used in particular roles for certain situations, you wouldn't be forced to swap them in a triangle, you'd be able to use the one you need when you need it.
What if you were using Squirtle, but you needed Charizard for a KO? You would have to swap to Ivysaur and then swap again to get to Charizard. And the swap animation takes 3 seconds, which is a long time in a fighting game. Such a system, where you need a particular pokemon for a particular role, wouldn't work out anyway.
Why are you bringing Pokemon Trainer into this? As far as I know, he's only been playable in 1 demo, which isn't enough time to dissect him and how he's meant to be played. But it's nice how you're drawing alot of conclusions from a character I doubt you've played. Even still, he's in a completely different department. Maybe his pokemon are meant to be played independently from one another. Maybe adding "stamina" to them only ensures that you switch it up once in a while. Maybe it's just so he can be more accurate to the games he was derived from. At this point, who knows?

Just as an interdependent Shek/Zelda wouldn't work. If say Zelda were the KO character that everyone claims she always should have been and Sheik were the combo character, with little KO moves, both would suffer from having to rely on each other's strengths, instead of being able to fight on their own. Since the down B isn't instant and is actually very punishable, you'd be screwed when you'd need to swap for a certain situation. And even if it was faster/safer, switching would prove a hassle that would ensure that only the most devoted players would bother to use Zelda OR Sheik.
All that needs to happen is that Zelda becomes a better character overall so that there is a reason to use her. But I don't think that Zelda and Sheik will suddenly rely on each other in Brawl as you suggest they were meant to in Melee. One will be better than the other, and the weaker one will be overshadowed.
I really don't want to have to tell you again that these are not "our suggestions". If you doubt the developers of the game, then that's fine, but don't make it seem like we're pulling assumptions out of nowhere.

Edit: And it looks like this entire thing has already been fought out in another thread. Well that's too bad, because I'm not changing my post. But to reply to your latest post, having 1 trophy be wrong isn't too much of a stretch, but there are several in Zelda/Sheik that stress interdependence. Melee was a rushed product, so I don't see why you can't accept that there was a development error somewhere along the way.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Then, once your Zamus, the only thing you have to do to keep from becoming Samus is avoid the Smash Ball—not hard.
Very true, but why would you? You'd risk your opponent getting it.

Nothing you said actually has anything to do with why these forums were made separate. If you want to know why, you can look for my recent posts which say why.
um, k sorry?

Top Bottom