• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No love for big stages?

Scorpi0n1386

Smash Rookie
I'm a little worried that Brawl won't have many big stages. Most stages shown so far have been short and small (Battleship Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, & Skyworld). I don't have anything against tournament-style stages, but there needs to be a mix between fair and dynamic stages. I'm hoping that we get stages like Corneria, Hyrule Temple, and Onett. The diversity there really catches my attention when playing.

Anyone else hoping we'll get more dynamic stages like Corneria, Hyrule Temple, and Onett or no?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I like big stages and I do think that the stages shown so far are small(except for Pokemon Stadium 2 and Eldin Bridge...)

I would like a stage as big as Hyrule Temple...that would be nice...

Talendime

Smash Ace
On Melee, I play either the Hyrule level or the Star Fox one 85% of the time. So yeah, the bigger the better.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
i love huge stages. the temple and corniria are my two favorite it melee and the lose of large stages would me horrble. if Pokemon Stadium 2 and Eldin Bridge are the largest couses then we will all be dissapointed

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I am really hoping for a big stage as well preferably Hyrule Temple which was the best stage in melee and should be brought back at least as a classic stage

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
or be remade as Great Palace(the final temple in Zelda II)...it could be bigger and look alot better....and have the Great Palace music....(but you can put any other Zelda song available instead...with My Music)

Blackadder

Smash Master
I always enjoyed the stupidly large stages. It gives you more freedom, and often lets you put interesting tactics into place and play. I'm hoping that Hyrul Temple will be brought back as a Past Stage. If that happens, I'd be extremely happy.

For like, ever and ever man.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
I think they'll probably remake Hyrule castle/temple again, and not bring back any Hyrule stages. But that being said, they'll probably make it even BIGGER.

But yes, some big stages would be nice. All of the stages shown are the same size, and it's starting to worry me...

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I hope the fourside returns as a past stage, it was fun to watch noobs who didn't know how jump die so quickly thanks to the many holes in the stage.

K1LL3R

Smash Rookie
NNID
rk_Pixel
I personally go for the medium/large stages and was a bit concerned with all the small/moving stages I've seen so far. I think it'll be fine if they put in small stages as long as the balance it out with some bigger ones/ provide plenty of space to recover on the sides. There's nothing more frustrating on a small stage than to be knocked straight to your death w/o even having a chance to recover and having only a little bit of damage.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Large stages are so boring x_x

But let's see... Melee had 29 stages. Brawl will probably have more. So far, we've seen 12 stages, and out of that, Rumble Falls (vertically huge, duh, but it doesn't look horizontally lacking either) and Bridge of Eldin are pretty **** big.

2/12 so far with plenty of stages yet to be revealed has me thinking that, no, big stages aren't getting the ax.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I want a complex, elaborate stage with a loop, so me and my sister can chase each other around for an hour or so, Climbers vs. Zelda.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Most likely they will add large stages again, probably even more. Sakurai knows he should add them also! The only reason he hasn't shown them yet is because he wants to keep the bigger stages a surprise for later.

Top Bottom