• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No L-canceling confirmed in final game.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah good call, Wii has been so lackluster lately and I was hoping that Brawl would be a good reason to have the console. Maybe if we're lucky they won't screw up Mario Kart -.-

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Waiting...dashdancing too! ****! What's left? Instead of making a thread about just one technical skill maybe we should make a thread listing what's left.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
but how do you explain some the matches posted on youtube L-cancel seem to exist. For example, i saw a match where CF did his knee and when landed, he had no lag whatsoever. But later in match, when he did his knee again and landed, there noticeable lag.

Adi

Smash Lord
Hmm, why would M2K say that it wasn't then. Perhaps you can only pivot within the first few opening frames?

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
so, someone wanna help me out here? except for WD, any of these CONFIRMED by those who actually HAVE the game???

(Video references would be preferable)

Wavedashing = out
L-canceling (pressing L/R/Z) = out
Other forms of Lag-canceling = TBD
Dashdancing = ?
SHL / Land-cancelling B moves = ?
Reverse Neutral B = ?
Float-Cancelling = ?

Adi

Smash Lord
Again, why would M2K say it does not exist. He obviously has the capability to do it, is it limited to certain characters, or certain frames? That is the question I am asking.

but how do you explain some the matches posted on youtube L-cancel seem to exist. For example, i saw a match where CF did his knee and when landed, he had no lag whatsoever. But later in match, when he did his knee again and landed, there noticeable lag.
Link to the vid, my bet is that by the time he reached the ground his attack was already over.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Again, why would M2K say it does not exist. He obviously has the capability to do it, is it limited to certain characters, or certain frames? That is the question I am asking.

Link to the vid, my bet is that by the time he reached the ground his attack was already over.
Actually m2k got his info from xelic, who has the game

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
so, someone wanna help me out here? except for WD, any of these CONFIRMED by those who actually HAVE the game???

(Video references would be preferable)

Wavedashing = out
Dashdancing = ?
Reverse Neutral B = ?
Float-Cancelling = ?
okay, EDIT: DD confirmed

Wavedashing = out
Dashdancing = IN
Reverse Neutral B = ?
Float-Cancelling = ?

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
okay, EDIT: DD confirmed

Wavedashing = out
Dashdancing = IN
Reverse Neutral B = ?
Float-Cancelling = ?
I've been hearing float-canceling still exists. At least in the demo versions, not sure if they took it out in the final product or not

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah I believe Float Cancelling exists, however if L-cancelling is out and float-cancelling is in that is a horrible thing because of how overpowering Peach players will be towards other characters.

Adi

Smash Lord
The prospect of everyone playing as Meta and Peach isn't much more appealing then just Peach -.-.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace

quite opposite, between 4:30-4:32, he short jumps there were no lag whatsoever when he landed. His second knee is 4:59-5:01 much higher when he executed it, there noticeable

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
At 4:30 he simply didn't fast fall, which is vital if you want to sweetspot that move, at least in Melee. At 5:00 he knees right before touching the ground and suffers lag.

S2

Smash Lord
The good Japanese players have this by now correct?

Are they actively searching for stuff? Given how fast they reported from the demo, you'd think thye'd be discussing this on 2Ch.

Besides, I'm tired of watching terrible players on Youtube. Its frustratin.

Top Bottom