• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No items, no Zero-Suit Samus?

Tromboy

Smash Cadet
And now we know that Samus's final smash is indeed a Zamus transformation. But, we still don't know if there is another to transform (hold A at beginning of match) or if the Smash Ball is an item. Yes, yes, I revived this thread. Please don't hurt me.

V1Hand

Smash Cadet
Smash ball is an item. Nintendo power said so. And it also said that ZS Samus is a playable character.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
I've already seen the fate of my second most used character and I think they've nerfed-to-death samus and we're all being a little too over optimistic and zamus is just achievable by the final smash item. Worse then that, i want to play with samus, do her final smash, and not become a shiek clone with a laser sword. It almost makes me hal-labs seeing what they've done to her so far. The super floatyness of samus, her incredible mind games...it seems like it's GONE when zamus hits the field....i'll play samus with a constant dread of the smash item touching me. lol

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
my guess is the first time you do Samu's final smash, after the match, a new challenger (Zero Suit Samus) will appear and then you can select both from the character screen. Or something like that, there is no way a character will ONLY be accessible through an item...Sakurai isn't dumb.period.

Frogla

Smash Ace
my guess is the first time you do Samu's final smash, after the match, a new challenger (Zero Suit Samus) will appear and then you can select both from the character screen. Or something like that, there is no way a character will ONLY be accessible through an item...Sakurai isn't dumb.period.
Or this could be a way for Sakuria to be a hater of anti-item play. Id be pretty mad if i made a Steak and Mashed Potatoes for Someone and they only ate potatoes if you catch my drift.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
That makes no sense. They have screenshots of ZSS picking up her armor after using the FS.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Or this could be a way for Sakuria to be a hater of anti-item play. Id be pretty mad if i made a Steak and Mashed Potatoes for Someone and they only ate potatoes if you catch my drift.
No, it would be like if you gave someone the option to make steak and mashed potatoes or just mashed potatoes for someone and they chose just mashed potatoes.

Frogla

Smash Ace
No, it would be like if you gave someone the option to make steak and mashed potatoes or just mashed potatoes for someone and they chose just mashed potatoes.
"Wobbuffet use Counter!"

But the punishment of not eating your steak is a low iron deficincy since you cant get your iron from just potatoes....

jambre

Smash Apprentice
Question: do you think if you start game as samus, then do FS and turn in ZSS, when you die as ZSS do you come back as samus or ZSS?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I do not think Sakurai would attach a character to an item. All that development and design time would nearly go to waste if a character was only playable if "items are in the game AND the super ball appears AND samus is a character on the stage at that time AND samus happens to get the ball."
This is pretty much true.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Question: do you think if you start game as samus, then do FS and turn in ZSS, when you die as ZSS do you come back as samus or ZSS?
You know, that question is probably the King of questions..the ultimate, if you will, because the answer to that very question will surely determine whether I main or use samus as my secondary. If she DIES as zamus and COMES back samus...as odd as that is (now that I think about it) i'd still like it. But if the rest of the match she's zamus...well....All I can say is i'm not touching that final smash, not even for power. There must be something about the final smash item that sakurai isn't telling us. I thought to myself "while mega powerful super moves are cool, what's the point in a stock match..it's the same thing combo-ing somebody to death and making them lose a life, so why throw in a mega move with hardcore graphics?...unless it only shows up towards the inevitable end of the last two standing players"

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Things is... there was always an item resembling a Final Smash in the other two games. I'm talking, of course, about the Hammer. I think the final smashes will simply be a powerful move, with a high chance of scoring KOs on opponents when used. I think the Samus->Zamus change is just an added effect. Hopefully the way that Zamus plays will compliment the effect of the Final Smash.

Top Bottom