• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No grab tier list

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Tired of seeing the lot of people who uses only grab and by that they thinks they are just the best of the world, y maked this topic...

What will be the tier list if there isnt grab in the games (or they are less powered)?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
grabs are part of the game. get over it. if you can't handle a single move being spammed at you then they were a much better player and you are very perdictible.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I'm not asking your opinion, i know they are part of the game... but the game is becoming a GRAB game, won the one who grab the other first, and this is boring...

so i want to see what would be the tier list if grabs doesnt exist, only the moveset (or grab similars to melee)

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
no need to think about it. Grabs are part of it and sometimes are good combo starters

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
the game isn't becoming a grab game, smart people are just realizing that newb players can't dodge grabs, so they are using them. generally when something works, it is used.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
arg... but the topic it isnt about get, or not get grabbed... is so what character should be better only his move set.

That counts for example, kirby would be first, but picachu and ness dont. And things like that,

Is like the returning tier list in SSBM (where the worst characters where first), is only curiosity, what characters have better moveset without his grab.

And I know, i ahve to dodge the grab... in 0,1 second, the lag i have for landing, yeah, its so simple :S

Also that demostrates for example what cheap is a extremadably cheap thing >_>, but its only curiosity, ****, only get with the topic please >_<

I know you like to grab and them kill in a 0 to combo death your oponent... (i have just felt THAT, each landing i get killed O:O?)

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
there's no point to this topic
if you're so intent on making a tier list without grabs in consideration, why don't you create one on your own?
grabs are just grabs; they're strategic moves just like Fox's lasers, Link's bombs, etc.
if you can't even dodge a bunch of grabs, then maybe you should spend a little time rethinking your play style and strategy
and not spending it making such topics

Nephiros

Smash Ace
someone should make a "no jab and projectiles" tier list. Stupid jabs and projectiles..

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Although I agree with the others, Yoshifan, that grabs are just part of the game, I understand why you wonder about this as a yoshiplayer. So heres my attempt:

Yoshi, Samus and Link would be better, because they dont rely on their grabs. Ness and Falcon would go down a lot, pikachu and kirby a little, and DK would suck even more. The others wont change much I think.

Fox
Kirby

High
Pikachu
Jigglypuff

Middle
Yoshi
Samus
Link
Ness
Falcon

Low
Mario
Luigi
DK

TJK1997

Smash Journeyman
WTF at Samus and Links grabs being higher then Mario and Luigis grabs.If you miss Link or Samuss grab your dead.

MattB22890

Smash Cadet
lol, this turned into a spam topic

without grabs, i would say dk would be the lowest and yoshi/ness highest

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yeah. I think the only characters must use grabs are fox, pika, DK and c. falcon. Mario and luigi has a lot of good combos without grabs (only up tilt, and their air attacks). Also, Samus, Link and Yoshi will not be so low, because they has a excellent moveset except 1 move, and this is unfair :(

Also, you are getting crazy... in melee there isnt that grabs, and everyone is OK, dont be so rude...

(Yeah, finally a HAVE to get pika if i want to play this game, grabs WTF >_>)

Also Ness grabs can kill you with 40 o.o, is the hardest to play, but is so overpowered... like fox and falco in melee i think

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
@TJK: you shouldn't grab with Samus or Link indeed, that's why I put them higher in the tier list without grabs
@Metroid: Ness is way worse without his grabs, that's why i put him lower.
@superboom: i never play mario, so i wasnt sure about him. Maybe should have put him in hightier.

Not sure if you guys were talking to me but i just gave my reaction.

moogle

Smash Ace
I'll take a stab >_>

Pikachu
Kirby

The Rest
Fox
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Falcon
Luigi
Jiggly
Link
Samus
DK

I didn't think about this too much, but have fun arguing.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
The most ANOYING pika attack (and one of him combo starters) is an attack and grab >_< (preferibly fair)... Fair can be DIed, but anyways, is dificult to avoid pika grab, is one of the best, to quickly and lot of range ...

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
luigi's dair to up-B is almost the equivalent to jiggly's dair to juggle to down b, despite luigi's slow speed, he still needs to be up in the mid tier

Top Bottom