• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Gigabits = no smash!?!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Gigabits has pritty much been the only tourneys I've attended the past 2 years. I guess this means no more tourneys for me cause I'm just not into traveling more than 30 minutes for smash anymore. =[

Smash is dying for me without gigs!!!

Anyone else have this problem?

DC

Smash Cadet
Hey guys stop being *****.

Anyways, just hop in somebody's car and give em some gas money Sheer. CFL doesn't travel much but they'll go if it's like an hour away.

Maybe.

Pi

Smash Hero
Sheer...
We will drag you to tournaments man. lol.
How can you not wanna travel more than 30 mins to go to a tourney dood?
You muss be traveling with the wrong people!!
You should come chill with me, the lake mary crew, nasty and his homies on one of our late night fast food smash fest intermissions!!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Gigabits has pritty much been the only tourneys I've attended the past 2 years. I guess this means no more tourneys for me cause I'm just not into traveling more than 30 minutes for smash anymore. =[

maybe this is a great time to quit smash tourneys..

and any tourney you ever consider going to. :mad:

much love to gigs an all but those are some of the craziest johns i've heard all month lol

M@v

Subarashii!
...I live in Pittsburgh PA.

You know the Brawl scene we have in Pittsburgh PA?

Me.

The only time I've travelled under 2 hours for a tourney is when I helped host tourneys at college. Then I tried to host one or two in Pittsburgh, but like I said, I'm the smash scene there. Thankfully Philly came out and put SOME life into it ;_;.

Tl:DR No travel johns

my closest tournies are 9 hours away, deal with it.
this.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
...I live in Pittsburgh PA.

You know the Brawl scene we have in Pittsburgh PA?

Me.

The only time I've travelled under 2 hours for a tourney is when I helped host tourneys at college. Then I tried to host one or two in Pittsburgh, but like I said, I'm the smash scene there. Thankfully Philly came out and put SOME life into it ;_;.

Tl:DR No travel johns

this.
hey! I have family in Pittsburgh. We should Smash when/if I visit them :chuckle:

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman

I see where you're coming from.

The reason I don't go to any other tourneys besides gigs is because gigs is an automatic 30+ tournament.....I would be mad disappointed if I went to a tournament an hour or more away and there wasnt 25+ people. So yessir Sheer, I'm in the same boat pretty much.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Such animosity in this thread lol.

I was traveling to tourney years before some of you who are calling me out on travel johns haha.

Mike G thats pritty much what I was getting at. Gigs was great because I didn't have to travel anywhere and I still enjoy playing. Guess no more tourneys for me except maybe an occasional Kissimmee tourney.

You know its time time to quit when the rock of crocks doesn't have any sympathy for you.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha I'll try to get a ride with someone to winterfest.

Queenie I call a spot if ur drivin!

Beanman

Smash Cadet
You think you have it bad in CFL...SFL is even worse! I mean sometimes I have to DRIVE to the tournys..ugh.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah yah I am spoiled.

But I've only been playing competitive smash for 4+ years. You guys think I've never driven anywhere over that period? I just don't have the enthusiasm to drive long distances for smash anymore. I've already completed my share of smash travel.

EDIT: You know I'm always down for ssb64 ballistics

SheerMadness

Smash Master
LOL yah if you haven't played competitive melee/smash and traveled as long as I have you can't call me out!!

:)

Top Bottom