• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Dib Dib Out of curiosity do you have the link to that stream that mentioned a Mother character? In the mood for some sleuthing either tonight or tomorrow heh.
I'm so sorry for this late reply! ;-;
If you're talking about that stream where someone mentioned a rumor of a MOTHER character getting in, it's this one: https://www.twitch.tv/chibiramen

However, you might be dissapointed cuz it was a user in the chat who mentioned it and the streamer himself knows the MOTHER serious but does not focus on it or anything like that. He mainly likes weeb crap.

here's some random mother art to make your day a bit better
View attachment 218740
View attachment 218741
This is majestic. I love it. xD

D

Deleted member

In a Mother 1 remake, it would be cool if they added different kinds of bandanas as equipment for Ninten.

D

Deleted member

(Double post sorry lol)

What is everyone's favorite part of Mother 1? It could be an area in the game, one of the story elements, or one of the mechanics/aspects of the game as a whole.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You fight lamp

(Real answer is Ninten and Ana's dance because it was, and still is, a rare moment of a silent protagonist having a moment of genuine emotion, plus a love story that didn't feel forced - and one with kids, at that)

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
another day, another being **** on for liking Mother 1

Mother fandom is a good fandom I love this place its so good and nice and welcoming /s

D

Deleted member

You fight lamp

(Real answer is Ninten and Ana's dance because it was, and still is, a rare moment of a silent protagonist having a moment of genuine emotion, plus a love story that didn't feel forced - and one with kids, at that)
I love both these parts lol. The dancing is one of those things I'd watch over and over and the lamp fight is self explanatory.

Mother fandom is a good fandom I love this place its so good and nice and welcoming /s
I just ignore those kinds of trolls.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hopefully I’ll get the PowerPoint out by the end of next week. I’ve been super busy irl.

I'm so sorry for this late reply! ;-;
If you're talking about that stream where someone mentioned a rumor of a MOTHER character getting in, it's this one: https://www.twitch.tv/chibiramen

However, you might be dissapointed cuz it was a user in the chat who mentioned it and the streamer himself knows the MOTHER serious but does not focus on it or anything like that. He mainly likes weeb crap.

This is majestic. I love it. xD
It’s not linking the stream, just the user for some reason. You remember which one it was?

Also the Mother games are pretty weeby don’t @ me.

(Double post sorry lol)

What is everyone's favorite part of Mother 1? It could be an area in the game, one of the story elements, or one of the mechanics/aspects of the game as a whole.
The build up to Giegue through scaling Mt Itoi. That’s when it went from a good game to a great game in my eyes. Absolutely perfect.

These people aren’t worth your time. One day they’ll learn that acting like children that just discovered 4chan over a video game series just makes them a much bigger loser than the “loser’s” they make fun of.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Hopefully I’ll get the PowerPoint out by the end of next week. I’ve been super busy irl.

It’s not linking the stream, just the user for some reason. You remember which one it was?

Also the Mother games are pretty weeby don’t @ me.
Unfortunately, I don't. Even when I mentioned it, it was still a bit ago. So I don't think you should waste your time watching each Smash stream till you find it. xD

(Double post sorry lol)

When I played Mom 1 for the first time, it was really awesome when I found the weird pink stone and with the Diary I was transported to Magicant.

Also, I thought the end game as a whole was really great. A few enemies were hard or annoying but still a great and memorable part of the game. Mt. Itoi was where all the cool stuff was at, after all.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I forgot to say mine lol, but my favorite part is from the beginning of the Yucca Desert till Ellay. This part of the game just clicks with me the most, and I have the most fun with it.

Oh and here is something

cpL0heE.jpg

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I don't. Even when I mentioned it, it was still a bit ago. So I don't think you should waste your time watching each Smash stream till you find it. xD
Damn. Oh well, I think I got enough material at the moment, but that's still gonna bug me heh.

D

Deleted member

On July 27, I think I'll play Mother 1 again.

What do y'all think you will do when Mother 1's 30th anniversary comes?

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
On July 27, I think I'll play Mother 1 again.

listen to the soundtrack.
Same. Probably. The Mother/EarthBound series has great music. BTW IMO Nintendo makes the best music because their styles of music are kinda diverse and exotic, in some ways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same. Probably. The Mother/EarthBound series has great music. BTW IMO Nintendo makes the best music because their styles of music are kinda diverse and exotic, in some ways.
Very much agree. Pretty much all the video game music I listen to are Nintendo tracks, and, if it's third party, it's composers Nintendo has worked with already, like Yoko Shimomura.

And, now that I think about it, Yoko composed the Magicant/8 melodies track in Smash, correct The Anigriffin The Anigriffin (or anyone else)? If so, that makes a lot of sense because her music is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
listen to the soundtrack.
Yeah that’s probably what I’m gonna do to to be honest.

Very much agree. Pretty much all the video game music I listen to are Nintendo tracks, and, if it's third party, it's composers Nintendo has worked with before already, like Yoko Shimomura.

And, now that I think about it, Yoko composed the Magicant/8 melodies track in Smash, correct The Anigriffin The Anigriffin (or anyone else)? If so, that makes a lot of sense because her music is the best.
Yep, she composed the Smash 4 mix. Pretty cool right?

D

Deleted member

Yeah that’s probably what I’m gonna do to to be honest.

Yep, she composed the Smash 4 mix. Pretty cool right?
No wonder I love it so much (I love all Mother music but this track especially is awesome).

(Double post, sorry)

What do you guys think of Duncan Factory?

For me, it was originally really difficult to find your way through and out of it, but after playing it one time, I remember the path. Well I don't remember the exact way to go but I know what to look for that leads me to the rocket that blows up the rocks blocking Union Station.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone i know i havent been here in a while, we are having testing since its the end of the school year so i havent been able to reply at all.
Maybe playing through the game again. Definitely listen to the soundtrack.
(Double post, sorry)

I got so lost at first, but i got through it. It had ok music so it was fine.

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
(Double post, sorry)

F***ing piece of s*** **** ****ing bull**** factory **** ****ing ***

It's a fun game, I promise.

(For real, it ain't all that bad. Specially with the 25th anniversary patch that reduces the encounters. It's not my most favorite music either, but it's not too bad and exploring aimlessly can actually guide you to some awesome items.
Much better than Final Fantasy 2 dungeon design with empty rooms that have high enemy encounter rate.
Also, once you're done with the factory, you pretty much got through one of the more tedious parts of the game. It gets less tedious the more you play through that part.)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
(Double post, sorry)

For me, it was originally really difficult to find your way through and out of it, but after playing it one time, I remember the path. Well I don't remember the exact way to go but I know what to look for that leads me to the rocket that blows up the rocks blocking Union Station.
Gives me a weird sense of nostalgia for high school for some reason. Not necessarilly the location, but that music really stuck with me for some reason.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
(Double post, sorry)

I love that factory. I love industrial settings in games I guess and also I liked the uptick in difficulty.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
(Double post, sorry)

Used to hate it, but with every subsequent playthrough I memorize the layout more and more. It's a badly designed area, but I'm used to it. Guarding with Lloyd throughout the whole thing will pretty much guarantee he doesn't die, unless you get super unlucky with Smash attacks or PK Beam.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
(Double post, sorry)

As long as I have a map, I can enjoy it. Otherwise the NES's age really starts to show. Every place looks identical and wandering round for an hour or two just to die and have to start all over is a real pain.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe I haven't asked y'all this yet, but what are your thoughts on Mt. Itoi?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I can't believe I haven't asked y'all this yet, but what are your thoughts on Mt. Itoi?
Best part of the game. By that time Ana has all her broken PSI so I don't have to worry much.

It's also where all the info dumps happen. And I love me the Mother info dumps.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
I refuse to level grind, so I’m always super underpowered. I just spam 4th-D slip and PSI stones. It’s not terrible since EVE is there for the worst of it, but it’s not very engaging.

D

Deleted member

Mt. Itoi is a really fun place for me. The enemies are hard but fun to try to beat or strategize how to beat them with stat boosts or assist PSI. And EVE is awesome.

Another thing I love about the area is how you can choose whether you complete the game with Loid or Teddy (sometimes it's hard to choose lol, so I'd love if they gave you a choice to take both up the mountain. Still a part of the game I love though).

(Double post, sorry)

In Mother 1, do y'all sometimes walk on the railroad connecting Union Station and Snowman?

I do this when I level grind sometimes. But I usually just use the train.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
B41B59D0-6EBF-48A9-A8CF-DFDE8DC7A244.jpeg

I’ve had this dumb pic I made sitting on my Mac for several months and completely forgot about it until now.

You’re welcome.

D

Deleted member

In Mother 1, I use the Onyx Hook like, every time I finish an area/dungeon in the game. I always heal up there pretty much.

What about you guys? Do you use the hook to travel a lot or do you manage everything by what the town that you're in has?

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
In Mother 1, I use the Onyx Hook like, every time I finish an area/dungeon in the game. I always heal up there pretty much.

What about you guys? Do you use the hook to travel a lot or do you manage everything by what the town that you're in has?
If I just need healing, I use bread crumbs to get to a hotel. If party members are unconscious, I drop by magicant.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

I pretty much always drop by Magicant when a party member is unconscious because dying is temporary but money is always valuable.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey, how have you guys been doing lately?
I'm sure you folks have probably discussed about this already, given that you have 83 pages, it'd be crazy if you didn't, but screw it, I was looking at pictures of the cancelled Earthbound 64 the other day, and then I see:

Ninten (or Ness)? In a story based around Mother 3?? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS???

Oh and by the way, I'm curious to know how would you guys have felt about the game itself?

I mean, considering that it was kind of going to lack Earthbound's unique art style, are you guys fine with its cancellation or would you have prefered if it was finished and released?

I personally would be fine with it as long as it didn't affect Ness and Luca's designs in the Smash Brothers series.

And if the designs ended up being such an issue (at least for Lucas and Claus), there's always the magic of Rom Hacks.

its artstyle does give me some strong Ocarina of Time vibes tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, how have you guys been doing lately?
I'm sure you folks have probably discussed about this already, given that you have 83 pages, it'd be crazy if you didn't, but screw it, I was looking at pictures of the cancelled Earthbound 64 the other day, and then I see:

Ninten (or Ness)? In a story based around Mother 3?? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS???

Oh and by the way, I'm curious to know how would you guys have felt about the game itself?

I mean, considering that it was kind of going to lack Earthbound's unique art style, are you guys fine with its cancellation or would you have prefered if it was finished and released?

I personally would be fine with it as long as it didn't affect Ness and Luca's designs in the Smash Brothers series.

And if the designs ended up being such an issue (at least for Lucas and Claus), there's always the magic of Rom Hacks.

its artstyle does give me some strong Ocarina of Time vibes tho
We actually haven't discussed it lol, but Earthbound 64 I think I have mixed feelings on.

I really don't like the character designs of the game, so I'm glad Mother 3 came out instead.

But, if the character designs were instead the same as those of the current series, I would really like the game.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
We actually haven't discussed it lol, but Earthbound 64 I think I have mixed feelings on.

I really don't like the character designs of the game, so I'm glad Mother 3 came out instead.

But, if the character designs were instead the same as those of the current series, I would really like the game.
Well that's a surprise hehe

I personally kind of feel like Lucas and Claus are practically the only ones that really needed a redesign (based on their current ones, of course), the rest of the characters are pretty much ok, I guess (the scientist looks pretty good tho).

And since I'm such a fan of the N64, I think that I would have really enjoyed it.

Top Bottom