• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Couldn't have said it better myself honestly. I was shocked at how interesting the plot and lore were when I beat it for my first time.

Also this is honestly the first thing that pops into my head when I think of Mother. Excuse the quality, it's quite literally 10 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxwaYXlXnB4

It doesn't 100% focus on any specific game and gives each game (Including SSBB) time in the limelight. God I feel like super old, vids from this old Youtube user lowkey got me more interested in the Mother series and actually introduced me to Ninten. Doesn't feel like a decade but, damn. I was a weeeeeird 12 year old.

It's like they forgot it was a Famicom game or something. Those are NOTORIOUSLY hard but I don't see people harking on Dragon Quest despite Mother 1 quite literally taking massive influence from said series. They must just lack patience or something.
Damn, that video radiates early youtube, first-getting-into-the-mother-series energy lol. Even though I only got into the games like four years ago, I still consider me from that time period a baby and I would watch stuff like that all the time. It just hit me right in the nostalgia.

Also lowkey the Mother 1 haters/ Dragon Quest supremacists or whatever you wanna call 'em are probably the ones who will be the saltiest if Ninten gets revealed over Erdrick, like I don't mean to throw shade or be a salty ***hole but you know it's true.

D

Deleted member

Damn, that video radiates early youtube, first-getting-into-the-mother-series energy lol. Even though I only got into the games like four years ago, I still consider me from that time period a baby and I would watch stuff like that all the time. It just hit me right in the nostalgia.

Also lowkey the Mother 1 haters/ Dragon Quest supremacists or whatever you wanna call 'em are probably the ones who will be the saltiest if Ninten gets revealed over Erdrick, like I don't mean to throw shade or be a salty ***hole but you know it's true.
No one would see it coming

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Early youtube was my ****. I watched so many gaming animations and sprite videos back in the day before I could even play EB. This was pre-Wii U era after all and I had to save up for my own copy heh... Still have it!

No one would see it coming

Did someone say you didn't see it coming?

whydoidothis.png

D

Deleted member

Early youtube was my ****. I watched so many gaming animations and sprite videos back in the day before I could even play EB. This was pre-Wii U era after all and I had to save up for my own copy heh... Still have it!

View attachment 196908
I swear if Ninten doesn't have this alt if he is in I will riot

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet

View attachment 196908
I just ****ing spat all over my screen, both in mild terror and laughter so thanks for that
I swear if Ninten doesn't have this alt if he is in I will riot
You better here our pleas, Nintendo. Lowkey, this is the only way Ninten will be playable

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Joker is Ninten, just grown up. They both have black hair, they both have spiky hair and they both appear in an RPG.

I said that before but seriously, my theory is flawless.

So if Ninten is not in, don't play as Ness or Lucas if you wanna imagine you're playing as Ninten. Play as fricking Joker like any intellectual should. Joker, the true Mother fighter.

Last edited:

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Joker is Ninten, just grown up. They both have black hair, they both have spiky hair and they both appear in an RPG.

I said that before but seriously, my theory is flawless.

So if Ninten is not in, don't play as Ness or Lucas if you wanna imagine you're playing as Ninten. Play as fricking Joker like any intellectual should. Joker, the true Mother fighter.
Broke: SaNs Is NeSs
Woke: Joker is Ninten

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
Nah, don't worry about it, I started throwing some shade at some people I have to deal with on a daily basis a few pages back because of their over-the-top negative attitude towards this sort of thing.

That being said though, I got another one for y'all, on the topic of Dragon Quest

Same guy from my previous Story Time moments in this thread has said that there's no way they'll add another Mother character because "so what if Japan likes it? It's not relevant anywhere else" but then when the Erdrick ""leaks"" happened he turned right back around like "it doesn't matter if Dragon Quest isn't as popular as other games here, it's super popular in Japan, so it makes sense!"

I'm slowly losing my mind over here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, don't worry about it, I started throwing some shade at some people I have to deal with on a daily basis a few pages back because of their over-the-top negative attitude towards this sort of thing.

That being said though, I got another one for y'all, on the topic of Dragon Quest

Same guy from my previous Story Time moments in this thread has said that there's no way they'll add another Mother character because "so what if Japan likes it? It's not relevant anywhere else" but then when the Erdrick ""leaks"" happened he turned right back around like "it doesn't matter if Dragon Quest isn't as popular as other games here, it's super popular in Japan, so it makes sense!"

Eh, I'd just ignore him. I'm too tired for debates lmao

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet

Yeah, they just sound like a pretty biased person and just generally an ***hole, but people like that just make me want Ninten in even more. I just want to see their reaction when their idea of impossible happens and they rethink their life decisions. But I totally agree with you. I hate how people always feel the need to rain on someone's parade just because they're biased. Like, ok I get it. You aren't a Mother fan and want to come up with crappy excuses to prove that a character you dislike won't be in Smash. Great, keep it to yourself, k sweetie?

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Yeah, they just sound like a pretty biased person and just generally an ***hole, but people like that just make me want Ninten in even more. I just want to see their reaction when their idea of impossible happens and they rethink their life decisions. But I totally agree with you. I hate how people always feel the need to rain on someone's parade just because they're biased. Like, ok I get it. You aren't a Mother fan and want to come up with crappy excuses to prove that a character you dislike won't be in Smash. Great, keep it to yourself, k sweetie?
As someone once said before in this thread (can't remember who exactly): Ninten would be the Ultimate Salt Mine xD

Imagine if the Dragon Quest fanboys (no offense agaisnt the good Erdrick fans who want Erdrick but don't push back any other character) see that it was Ninten the one who got in and not Erdrick, and the outrage is so big that Ninten's title in the Punch Out stage's background is "The Ultimate Salt Mine".

Now that I think about that, I think that was like... the one thing I forgot to add on my Ninten moveset. I would put something like "Protector of the Earth" as Ninten's title. Though if I were to put something funny I would put "The cooler PSI powerhouse". xD

D

Deleted member

The boxing ring titles are actually a really good point of discussion I hadn't thought of and don't see at all.

For Ninten, I like something like "Protector of the Earth." He is the start of Mother and overall a serious, determined, protectful, caring boy who looks out for his friends and everyone around him.

ynce iche

Smash Rookie
So I was reading some old threads on Starmen.net from back when Brawl was first revealed, and surprisingly, even though this was the center of the Mother fandom, nobody seemed to want Ninten at all? Honestly, they only even seemed to bring him up at all to talk about what a cruddy choice he'd be. I wonder what happened between then and now to uncover this groundswell of Ninten appreciation?

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
So I was reading some old threads on Starmen.net from back when Brawl was first revealed, and surprisingly, even though this was the center of the Mother fandom, nobody seemed to want Ninten at all? Honestly, they only even seemed to bring him up at all to talk about what a cruddy choice he'd be. I wonder what happened between then and now to uncover this groundswell of Ninten appreciation?
Idk, I think it might've been people seeing echo fighters as an easy way to shoehorn Ninten in for fanservice so he became a popular echo fighter choice? I supported Ninten being an echo for a little bit but then I started brainstorming ideas as to how he could be unique and I just started wanting him in more and more as a unique fighter. I know that I can't speak for everyone, but that's what happened with me at least. Anything to see my favorite Mother protagonist in smash.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Right when I saw the "DQ defense squad" after the leaks came out I knew there was no reason to well, reason with these types of people. I immediately thought how many people would backpedal with the identical reasons if Ninten got it. People are incapable of admitting that they were wrong. For example, I was in a server full of people that believed the Grinch Leak. A few days later they all backpedaled ans said they never believed it. It's kinda why I've given up on convincing people since they're gonna use mental gymnastics to make themselves right anyway. Happened several times with my theories too, everyone just ignored that I was the only one that stuck to my guns and was right sometimes (Such as my theory that hey maybe we'll have 12 total newcomers which with the fighter pass ended up being legit somehow) but whatever that's a personal deal. People just suck sometimes.

Kinda reminds me of people that think we deserve another Mother 3 rep (Usually Porky) just because it's more popular in the states. Usually using the "Japanese Bias" arguments. It's funny since Mother 3 is the least popular there and as far as M3 characters go, people over there prefer Claus and even Kumatora. If Brave is our Mother rep, it's Ninten or Claus no question about it. (Leaning a lot more towards Ninten though.)

I'm also personally salty that Claus's support has practically died since the datamine in favor of "Porky is more likely" nonsense as well but that's a different topic.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Right when I saw the "DQ defense squad" after the leaks came out I knew there was no reason to well, reason with these types of people. I immediately thought how many people would backpedal with the identical reasons if Ninten got it. People are incapable of admitting that they were wrong. For example, I was in a server full of people that believed the Grinch Leak. A few days later they all backpedaled ans said they never believed it. It's kinda why I've given up on convincing people since they're gonna use mental gymnastics to make themselves right anyway. Happened several times with my theories too, everyone just ignored that I was the only one that stuck to my guns and was right sometimes (Such as my theory that hey maybe we'll have 12 total newcomers which with the fighter pass ended up being legit somehow) but whatever that's a personal deal. People just suck sometimes.

Kinda reminds me of people that think we deserve another Mother 3 rep (Usually Porky) just because it's more popular in the states. Usually using the "Japanese Bias" arguments. It's funny since Mother 3 is the least popular there and as far as M3 characters go, people over there prefer Claus and even Kumatora. If Brave is our Mother rep, it's Ninten or Claus no question about it. (Leaning a lot more towards Ninten though.)

I'm also personally salty that Claus's support has practically died since the datamine in favor of "Porky is more likely" nonsense as well but that's a different topic.
Yeah. Mother 3 is actually more popular in the states than it is in Japan, despite it never having an international release.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've never had a DQ fan say anything against Mother 1 to me, but if they did I'd be really confused. Mother 1 and the original DQ trilogy are super similar, I would think that fans of one would really enjoy the other.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I've never had a DQ fan say anything against Mother 1 to me, but if they did I'd be really confused. Mother 1 and the original DQ trilogy are super similar, I would think that fans of one would really enjoy the other.
Gonna be honest. I had zero interest in DQ before all this went down. And while I’d be lying if I said that the taunting/****posting Erdrick fans weren’t getting under my skin, I’m actually somewhat interested in playing a game or two from the series namely V and 11 because of this whole deal. Saber is just so cute.

1552070862949.jpeg

In other news my old phone finally fell apart so I had to get a new one as well as a new case.

89F401AD-29FB-4BB1-A395-DD6CD87E4425.jpeg

It’s got my son on it and I’m so pumped.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest. I had zero interest in DQ before all this went down. And while I’d be lying if I said that the taunting/****posting Erdrick fans weren’t getting under my skin, I’m actually somewhat interested in playing a game or two from the series namely V and 11 because of this whole deal. Saber is just so cute.

View attachment 197032

In other news my old phone finally fell apart so I had to get a new one as well as a new case.

View attachment 197035

Now that is what I call a good phone case

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet

View attachment 197032

View attachment 197035

That there is good ****e

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

View attachment 197032

View attachment 197035

I'll be honest. I never played Mother 3 until like a week ago. I finished it today and I would like to see other Mother characters make it in (though it's not like I was agaisnt the idea before). But first, with Mother's 30 anniversary I still want Ninten in.

Also, that phone case looks awesome! I would definitely vote for Claus to be the next Mother character along with Porky!

Maybe Claus could be a Lucas echo fighter (since he also uses PK Love) but with some neutrals,Lucas' forward Smash and Specials changed. Maybe he would take out his sword for some neutrals that are otherwise just physical attacks for Ninten's moveset. And he could have two outfits, one in his regular clothes and one as the Masked Man. With an extra one of him in his Masked Man clothes but without his helmet.
PK Fire could be the same projectile, but thunder or energy based and it's light blue (like the beam the Masked Man fires) and the animation would be with him firing it out from his canon where as in his regular clothes Claus would shoot it out with one hand.
PK Freeze also being thunder based, so that it stuns opponents for a bit like Corrin's Dragon Fan instead of freezing opponents.
And PSI Magnet could absorb projectiles but not heal at all, but deal more damage, knockback and shield damage. (So that it's like he's using Shield Killer).

Adittionally (though not necessary) Claus in his regular clothes could probably use a different sword. Which is the one that he takes before leaving and never being seen again until 3 years later.

Of course, I would still preffer him being a unique fighter. But I also kinda wanna see him being more Claus than Masked Man if you know what I mean. Just like someone who made a really cool moveset idea for Porky as how he appears in Mother 2 and in his regular clothes, without the machine he's on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ninten is that kind of character to me that, if the majority of people don't like him in a place, I don't feel welcome there.

I'll be honest. I never played Mother 3 until like a week ago. I finished it today and I would like to see other Mother characters make it in (though it's not like I was agaisnt the idea before). But first, with Mother's 30 anniversary I still want Ninten in.

Also, that phone case looks awesome! I would definitely vote for Claus to be the next Mother character along with Porky!

Maybe Claus could be a Lucas echo fighter (since he also uses PK Love) but with some neutrals,Lucas' forward Smash and Specials changed. Maybe he would take out his sword for some neutrals that are otherwise just physical attacks for Ninten's moveset. And he could have two outfits, one in his regular clothes and one as the Masked Man. With an extra one of him in his Masked Man clothes but without his helmet.
PK Fire could be the same projectile, but thunder or energy based and it's light blue (like the beam the Masked Man fires) and the animation would be with him firing it out from his canon where as in his regular clothes Claus would shoot it out with one hand.
PK Freeze also being thunder based, so that it stuns opponents for a bit like Corrin's Dragon Fan instead of freezing opponents.
And PSI Magnet could absorb projectiles but not heal at all, but deal more damage, knockback and shield damage. (So that it's like he's using Shield Killer).

Adittionally (though not necessary) Claus in his regular clothes could probably use a different sword. Which is the one that he takes before leaving and never being seen again until 3 years later.

Of course, I would still preffer him being a unique fighter. But I also kinda wanna see him being more Claus than Masked Man if you know what I mean. Just like someone who made a really cool moveset idea for Porky as how he appears in Mother 2 and in his regular clothes, without the machine he's on.
Well, in Mother 3, Claus takes a knife rather than a sword lol :D

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

View attachment 197032

View attachment 197035

Awesome phone cover! I wanted to do something like this for my phone with a collage of all games I enjoy, also as fan of Dragon Quest, I'm sorry that any Erdrick fanatics gave you some trouble. I don't want them to discourage you or any of you guys who want to tryout DQ. I definitely recommend DQ to anyone who likes an retro rpg like Earthbound/Mother, eventually the Zenithia trilogy (4-6) or DQ VIII.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Claus has actually always been my most wanted ever since I got into the Mother games. He’s my favorite character from the franchise and has been since I discovered his character even before I played M3, (so that’s around 10 years I think) but I think Ninten (who’s my second most wanted) is more likely and is in need of a Smash appearance more than my boy since I don’t want history to forget about him.

Funny that you mention Claus as an echo. Pre Grinch leak, I theorized that Ninten would get in with Claus as an echo since Luc’s Claus skin was nowhere in sight at the time. Obviously that didn’t come to fruition, buuuut that ain’t stopping me from hoping both eventually get in even if Claus is just an echo. I never really discussed him much since I thought his chances were slim to none, but **** it. I gotta be there for him. He was my main ballot vote after all. I shouldn’t let him go to waste just like some have seemingly done with our angry asthma child.

I actually had two really old movesets for a Claus/MM move set back from the Brawl era. It was like Samus/ZSS where you could switch between the two through using their final smashes. I gotta go find those. I was like 13 when I wrote them and I want to see how cringey they are.

And yeah I get wanting to see more Claus than just MM. I prefer him being aware of who he is rather than just him standing around saying his iconic line “...” and everything. Maybe I’ll make another move set for the boy combining my ideas from my old ones, so it’s Claus but with chimera abilities which is honestly the way I like him. This could be fun.

Ninten is that kind of character to me that, if the majority of people don't like him in a place, I don't feel welcome there.

Honestly that’s why I don’t even chat much on discord anymore. People have gotten super toxic for some reason.

And yep. Gotta kill the dinosaur with a butter knife. Godspeed my ginger chimera son.

Awesome phone cover! I wanted to do something like this for my phone with a collage of all games I enjoy, also as fan of Dragon Quest, I'm sorry that any Erdrick fanatics gave you some trouble. I don't want them to discourage you or any of you guys who want to tryout DQ. I definitely recommend DQ to anyone who likes an retro rpg like Earthbound/Mother, eventually the Zenithia trilogy (4-6) or DQ VIII.
Ayyy thanks. I was originally gonna get a Ninten one but didn’t find any I liked/looked right on an iPhone.

Yeah it’s kinda lame that some Erdrick fans are rotting the pot for everyone else. It’s sad when a few bad apples ruin the bunch, but I’m not gonna let them ruin things for me. Trolls are trolls after all.

Oh jeez 4-6 is a trilogy? Thanks for telling me before I bought a translated copy of DQ V off Etsy heh.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Well, in my defense, that was at the beginning of the game so I forgot what kind of weapon it was specifically, though I was aware it was not a sword lol.

And second, knives are just small swords. Just make it longer, no one will notice. <w< >w>

Though for real, they could make his sword a rather short one (as in like, Kokiri Sword short when it comes to its wielder) and make the knife a bit longer. (Though we never get to see it so who knows how long it is, there are some kitchen knives out there that are rather big, after all)

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Claus has actually always been my most wanted ever since I got into the Mother games. He’s my favorite character from the franchise and has been since I discovered his character even before I played M3, (so that’s around 10 years I think) but I think Ninten (who’s my second most wanted) is more likely and is in need of a Smash appearance more than my boy since I don’t want history to forget about him.

Funny that you mention Claus as an echo. Pre Grinch leak, I theorized that Ninten would get in with Claus as an echo since Luc’s Claus skin was nowhere in sight at the time. Obviously that didn’t come to fruition, buuuut that ain’t stopping me from hoping both eventually get in even if Claus is just an echo. I never really discussed him much since I thought his chances were slim to none, but **** it. I gotta be there for him. He was my main ballot vote after all. I shouldn’t let him go to waste just like some have seemingly done with our angry asthma child.

I actually had two really old movesets for a Claus/MM move set back from the Brawl era. It was like Samus/ZSS where you could switch between the two through using their final smashes. I gotta go find those. I was like 13 when I wrote them and I want to see how cringey they are.

And yeah I get wanting to see more Claus than just MM. I prefer him being aware of who he is rather than just him standing around saying his iconic line “...” and everything. Maybe I’ll make another move set for the boy combining my ideas from my old ones, so it’s Claus but with chimera abilities which is honestly the way I like him. This could be fun.
I think that echo fighters were kinda looking pretty unique with Ken coming out (who was the last echo, unfortunately). So I think it would be cool Claus would use his sword/knife to attack in some moves that are physical in Lucas' moveset like his Up Air, Down Tilt and jab. Though some other attacks likes his Side Tilt, Neutral Air and Forward Smash could also be different from Lucas'. (maybe for the sake of not having to have different assets of each alt, he would then just use his sword as the MM regardless of the outfit)

Maybe his Up B could be like Corrin's, where he sprouts his wings and flies up (also regardless of wether he has his normal clothes or his clothes as the Masked Man).

In fact, I think that would be the best way to implement him. Having some elements of him as the Masked Man but being mostly Claus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just thought about this...

if Mother 1 is remade, maybe this time they can properly play-test Mt. Itoi ;)

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Ayyy thanks. I was originally gonna get a Ninten one but didn’t find any I liked/looked right on an iPhone.

Yeah it’s kinda lame that some Erdrick fans are rotting the pot for everyone else. It’s sad when a few bad apples ruin the bunch, but I’m not gonna let them ruin things for me. Trolls are trolls after all.

Oh jeez 4-6 is a trilogy? Thanks for telling me before I bought a translated copy of DQ V off Etsy heh.
True very true, I kinda going through the same with Sora fans.
4-6 is kinda a weird one. The stories aren't linked together as 1-3 are, but they do all have Zenithian Castle and
equipment in each of the games. I have read in some forums where the chronological order is VI-IV-V, but it shouldn't
really matter. Play whichever one you feel incline to play lol

D

Deleted member

True very true, I kinda going through the same with Sora fans.
Lmao same. As a Geno fan I encountered so many Sora trolls on YouTube lol

Here though fans of characters are much nicer, including Sora's. Plus Erdrick's actual fans are cool from what I've seen. I guess it's mainly just the majority of the Smash community who gets heated when someone says it's possible he isn't in, since he's been in so many leaks.

But Erdrick fans like you and Mad Duck Mad Duck are cool

Last edited by a moderator:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
So hey. I was talking with someone on Youtube and they gave their idea of Ninten's moveset. What I actually really liked is that they gave him a unique perk that would be unique to him

You know how some characters always have something that makes them unique? (Cloud's Limit, Villager's pocket, Isabelle's fishing rod, Link's bombs, Bayonetta's combo playstyle, etc)

They suggested the idea of 4th-D Slip being present on his roles, that they would function kinda like Mewtwo's air dodge in Melee where he stays there for a bit before gravity affects him.
If you guys know Crusade's air dodge mechanics, if I'm not mistaken, it allows you to slide in the air when you air dodge towards a direction, your characters goes in that direction in a straight line before gravity affects them. (Unlike Ultimate where it's more of a small jump. And in Crusade the distance is each character travels is different depending on their air mobility but that is not too important other than the fact some travel a good distance)

So that made me think "Hey, what if his dodges are slightly longer but slightly slower? And in the air they function like a small teleportation move?"
I really would like to see that along with 4th-D Slip being his recovery. It's not like having a really good recovery made a character unbeatable, after all. In fact some characters with trash recovery are quiet strong.
Don't get me wrong, Ninten would still fall the same distance that all characters do when they air dodge (that's how it works, for anyone who didn't know. That's why Jigglypuff's airdodge is so slow, because they are a slow faller). So unless he's using it to dodge and land on the stage or grabbing the edge then he's gonna be easy to punish.

Just thought I would share this idea since I find it cool, unique and would give Ninten his own unique perk of being able to have overall slightly better and safer dodges at the cost of not having offensive PSI moves that gives his moves multi-hit properties like most of Ness and Lucas' neutrals.

D

Deleted member

I created a separate save file for Mother 1 where I try to get to level 99. I am at level 85 with Teddy, 66 or 70 IIRC with Ninten, and level 75(?) with Ana.

What is the highest level y'all have gotten one of the party members to in Mother 1?

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
So hey. I was talking with someone on Youtube and they gave their idea of Ninten's moveset. What I actually really liked is that they gave him a unique perk that would be unique to him

You know how some characters always have something that makes them unique? (Cloud's Limit, Villager's pocket, Isabelle's fishing rod, Link's bombs, Bayonetta's combo playstyle, etc)

They suggested the idea of 4th-D Slip being present on his roles, that they would function kinda like Mewtwo's air dodge in Melee where he stays there for a bit before gravity affects him.
If you guys know Crusade's air dodge mechanics, if I'm not mistaken, it allows you to slide in the air when you air dodge towards a direction, your characters goes in that direction in a straight line before gravity affects them. (Unlike Ultimate where it's more of a small jump. And in Crusade the distance is each character travels is different depending on their air mobility but that is not too important other than the fact some travel a good distance)

So that made me think "Hey, what if his dodges are slightly longer but slightly slower? And in the air they function like a small teleportation move?"
I really would like to see that along with 4th-D Slip being his recovery. It's not like having a really good recovery made a character unbeatable, after all. In fact some characters with trash recovery are quiet strong.
Don't get me wrong, Ninten would still fall the same distance that all characters do when they air dodge (that's how it works, for anyone who didn't know. That's why Jigglypuff's airdodge is so slow, because they are a slow faller). So unless he's using it to dodge and land on the stage or grabbing the edge then he's gonna be easy to punish.

Just thought I would share this idea since I find it cool, unique and would give Ninten his own unique perk of being able to have overall slightly better and safer dodges at the cost of not having offensive PSI moves that gives his moves multi-hit properties like most of Ness and Lucas' neutrals.
That's actually a really cool idea and I might utilize it when I draw out my Ninten moveset, if that's ok with you of course.
I created a separate save file for Mother 1 where I try to get to level 99. I am at level 85 with Teddy, 66 or 70 IIRC with Ninten, and level 75(?) with Ana.

What is the highest level y'all have gotten one of the party members to in Mother 1?
I think it was somewhere in the 50 to 60 range?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I finally caved and bought a copy of Let’s Go Pikachu and I’m honestly glad that it’s actuakky pretty fun. Only complaint is that grinding levels is really annoying since you can’t really focus on one Pokémon since that’s always how I played. Eh I’ll manage. I’m already in Cerulean City and it’s reminding me of how much of a ***** Misty was for me back in the day since I usually picked Charmander or Squirtle when I played Firered and Leafgreen back in the day.

Anyways I got both the Bulbasaur and the Charmander from the trainers and I named my Bulbasaur Ninten and my Charmander Claus. :3

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

On all the 5 times I played it (with one using the 25th anniversary patch). I got to lv40 at maximun IIRC. I was more into exploration, enjoying the story and getting items myself. Though I do enjoy grinding, too. c:

That's actually a really cool idea and I might utilize it when I draw out my Ninten moveset, if that's ok with you of course.

I think it was somewhere in the 50 to 60 range?
Of course! Go ahead! The idea is not neccesarily mine and I would not be a jerk and say that you can't use a cool idea to make a unique Ninten moveset!
Since I only do pixel stuff mine is gonna take a while but I'll make it as pretty as possible!
Here's da design thingie! Just to at least show something and see if people like it! (I'm not the best at pixel art and all that, but still. I thought it would be better than just drawn on paper)
NintyBoi.png

Last edited:

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
On all the 5 times I played it (with one using the 25th anniversary patch). I got to lv40 at maximun IIRC. I was more into exploration, enjoying the story and getting items myself. Though I do enjoy grinding, too. c:

Of course! Go ahead! The idea is not neccesarily mine and I would not be a jerk and say that you can't use a cool idea to make a unique Ninten moveset!
Since I only do pixel stuff mine is gonna take a while but I'll make it as pretty as possible!
Here's da design thingie! Just to at least show something and see if people like it! (I'm not the best at pixel art and all that, but still. I thought it would be better than just drawn on paper)
View attachment 197309
Alright, thanks! Your pixel art skills are way better than mine honestly. I can't wait to see the rest of your ideas!

Top Bottom