• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Contest - Annoying or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I was lol-ing right up til the controller part. I wasnt even there and i felt scared.

Some people refuse to do that to their Wii, no matter how much people say it doesn't do anything.

I'll stick to 3 minutes, thanks. I'm not risking getting my Wii bricked.

Installing homebrew cannot brick your console. There is 0.00% risk to your console.

And before you give a response, I'm just putting it out there so you know better and you dont look silly when you say that to someone else.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Friends of mine occasionally do this, and it annoys the crap out of me. I even let it get to me last time, and started to insult my friend with personal things after I tried to discuss the subject with him. He kept on saying ''No, no, you're wrong, no, no, just no, no, you're wrong, you're wrong''......But I shouldn't let it get to me, it's insulting, yes, but it's their fault in their playstyle/state of mind and you should just let them know their pathetic and play on, going into the fray and attacking them with rough vocals won't help you anything.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'll admit that I can get pissed during competitive play, but if it's a friendly match that's a different story.

One time I was playing my friend and ****** him every match, and he was getting f****** pissed off. The last match we played I got an awesome psuedo combo to spike on him then it goes to the stat screen and it seemed like he still wanted to play. But then I saved it as a replay and he just snapped!

mofo_

Smash Ace
i do that when theres an intense battle and i already lost and 2 guys are left high damage when someone is about to KO them " No contest " just for lulz :p
One time the No Contest Lagged, so it went to Sudden Death and immidiately went No Contest before the match even began...."Sudden No Contest"

moonsoul

Smash Rookie
The only time my friends no contest is when the majority of the group can't stand the stage we get when we're playing random. If someone no contested because they were losing we'd automatically assume they lost the match. So far I haven't personally seen anyone try to sneak out of a lost by doing that.

Nicole

Smash Champion
It's not annoying, it's an auto-win for me.

I lose alot of respect for anyone who "no-contests" seriously though. If you can't stand losing that much...get better! No contesting is just immature and sad.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
think that's bad? I once faced someone (on these boards) who kept using no-contest every time I selected Luigi's mansion -_-

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
some people dont accept the fact that they will lose or about to

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
New England always quits out of matches, we don't really see it as a sign of disrespect as long as you stay respectful with the person you're playing.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I guess there are good reasons to No Contest after all, but its still annoying to have to hear it every ten minutes. i mean, just when it gets to the good part..

Master Hand: NO CONTEST!

Me: WTF?!

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
i dont quit matchs, if i lose i learn from it. theres no sense in quitting the matchs, you never know you might make a good comeback

Sam3231

Smash Rookie
I'd rather just suicide my stock, "1 fall 2 sds" looks better than "no contest" imo.

Either way it's pretty grimy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom