• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nje789's Mewtwo Guide(Now Finished!)

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
A few things I think you should add:

1. Forward B launches you forward a bit in the air, making it useful for recovery.
2. Double Jump Canceling is helpful when you want to get a u-air on a grounded opponent, among other things.
3. A note on d-tilt chaining: to follow the DI, you'll want to hold diagonally down and toward your enemy if he/she's DIing away, this'll make you walk forward a little bit after each tilt and make the chain longer.
4. Character matchups. Mewtwo vs. Link is intersting. Link's d-throw->up-b is irritating, but Mewtwo can chain u-tilts, then chain d-throws, then finish link off with a well placed confusion->shadow ball.

There are a few other things I can't remember right now, I'll add them later.

F337

Smash Rookie
I love playing mewtwo, he's my second main behind mario, but my biggest problem is chaining, and seeing as how thats mewtwo's main game...you understand im sure :p
the people i play are pretty decent, Green mario, thomas tippman, sighrax, Kai and whatnot, and they ALL DI perfectly back away from my downsmash d-tilt..the combo's just dont chain. any tips on how to keep control on a DIing falcon/mario/ganon/marth/samus?

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
sooooooo....

that was completely and utterly useful, i swear....

if you're going to write a guide, first of all, set it out in an understandable manner!

like, i dunno, any of the semi decent guides on the boards.

and, include EVERYTHING.

thats pros + cons, matchups, stage advantages/disadvantages, a full move info list. basic combo's. etc.
and y'know, a general advance tech section would go amiss (WDing, DIing, CCing etc.)

yeah, mini rant, over.

Shark X

Smash Lord
****. I came here to learn how to play Mewtwo (my favorite character of the bunch, yet I can't do a thing with him in this game), and there's not even a good guide. GameFAQs never had one before. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one over there today.

Mr Awesomeness

Smash Rookie
Yea, from my experience, the only real thing you can do with mewtwo against the top tier characters is not get hit. As soon as you start getting combo'd or juggled your going to get owned quickly. I used him in a tournament about a month ago and got juggled by this marth user who treated me like a pinata. A few times when I started and was invincible, I grabbed him out of his wavedash and punished him, but in the end he beat me.

From my own experience, the best way to play M2 is to not get hit (master roll dodging and wave dashing), attack surgically (take advantage of your ranged attacks, and use your more powerful attacks to end combos), and always keep a shadow ball handy to throw at your opponent when they aren't expecting it.

If you plan to take mewtwo to a high level tournament, be prepared to work harder and play better than anyone you face. You'll need to understand every nuance of the game.

DRD

Smash Lord
Wow, I used to suck with Mewtwo and just kind of forgot he existed, but know that i've read this I think I'll take him up again.

psyk

Smash Apprentice
for that cat-claw thing, is the forward -a part better than the c-stick, or is it just personal preference?

Moiez

Smash Rookie
ur so dumb....go to youtube and search for Taj, he has a mewtwo that will certainly own you. and he beat Ken recently.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I haven't noticed anything about disable-hopping in this guide.

I would think that Mewtwo players would be abusing this technique by now.

Basically, it gives Mewtwo a really great way to retreat and counter an opponent. It consists of a backwards shorthop followed immediately by Disable. Since disable has a detached hitbox, any opponent charging towards Mewtwo will get hit by this. It's not easy to punish either, as Mewtwo hops backwards while doing this, effectively pulling him out of most attacking range.

Top Bottom