• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Smashfest/Tournament 5/31 (Practice for Smashtality!)

Sensei

Smash Lord
Alright I've decided to host a small fest/tourney at my place tomorrow for Smashtality III practice xP Behold!

Mini Smashtality!

Date: 5/31/07 Thursday
Tourney: 8PM~12AM

Singles Fee - $1
Doubles?

Winner Takes all!

RULES (From Smashatlity minus Mages DQ Rule, 7 Min Time limit and seeding)

₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS - The store will not provide you one.
₪ All events will be double elimination
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Eight (8) minute time limit
₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/TSA member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.
₪ Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
₪ Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
₪ Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.

Also, Please bring setups! Whether it will be TVs, cubes, smash, pleas bring whatever you can.

Since this tournament is being hosted at my place I can only have a maximum of around 16 people. I don't live in a mansion. Please post if you are definitely coming and if anybody else is coming with you so I can get a good idea on how many are coming. The cap is 16. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I'll be there!....this would have been better if you thought of it sooner but oh wellz.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i can probably show up around 6:30ish

i get off work at 5:30 then have to go home and grab a setup and stuff maybe

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sensei, post this in THP's thread and the Tunes thread as well. I'll probably show up to this.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
what are you serious? i was gona go to bum's.. and starts so late :( i have stuff to do then.
edit:
hold an std, i might be able to head over after class and come back fri afternoon.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ya this might be too late for me since I have work the next day...=/

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Looks like this thing will stay small. Fine by me. I just want some quiet practice with several solid players.

_kSo_

Smash Master
i cant go :( i got a doctors appointment at 7:15 and i gotta get home b4 12am kuz im on probation and havent gotten my real license yet :(. so its pointless kuz i live 1.5 hrs away. so the earliest i can be there = 9pm, then i would have to leave at 10:30. pointless. kinda. anyway see you all at smashtality for realz.
pc

JFox

Smash Hero
Why you startin this so late? No point in trekkin an hour to get to you, playing for four hours, and than an hour back. :ohwell:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Most likely because he works untill 4pm.

Edit: The whole smashfest/tourney last from 4 to 12. 8 hours sounds good to me.

JFox

Smash Hero
Oh wow. I looked at this and thought the whole fest started at 8. My bad. In any case, still can't come. I'm playin hockey today.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Hello, i'm from Puerto Rico, I don't mean to spam on this thread but I looked around and didn't find any New Jersey thread, so I though it was better to ask here. I'm going to be in Princeton New Jersey for a couple of days starting at June 4, So I wanted to ask of any activities or smashfest or gathering places that there might be around where i'm going to be staying. If there is an official NJ thread and I missed it, would anyone please direct me to it?

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Truth. I wasn't gay enough. I was half way gay. Metrosexual. I didn't go full blown homo. Not unleashing the ******ry was my downfall.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Your level of ******ry disappointed me as well. M2K never disappoints me. Cactuar usually doesn't disappoint me. Please don't disappoint me next time Marcel because I sure won't disappoint you. :laugh:

Top Bottom