• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same reason Spider-Man and Elsa YouTube videos get tens of millions of views; cuz normie parents don't understand the concept of quality children's content.
I mean, you try telling your monster, I mean kid "no we arent gonna see the movie you want. It sucks ass" and watch them have a fit

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of that kind of stuff, you'd think more parents would care to some extent. I mean, they were kids once too. No body wants to watch a ****ty show.

Though the other thing is mostly the fault of terrible clickbait.

He fell asleep, which it takes like two months for him to get out of, according to Hercule. Vegeta busted up the time chamber while training, so they can't toss Buu in there either. Which is why they had to get Frieza. It would have been cool to see more of him, but since he can pretty much heal the rest of his team members, that's why they likely swapped him out.

That and Frieza is insanely popular in Japan, and he's already arguably the most popular Dragon Ball villain.
Frieza is a close second for me, buu is my fav

I guess or Piccolo if he counts

Emojis are a super popular and kids like whatever animated things are on the screen.

Plus a whole lot of marketing means the movie doing "ok" sales wise isn't surprising at all. I'm actually surprised it didn't do better.

I wonder how it's legs will be

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If I were a dad I would not bring my kids to a movie that tells them that: smartphones are the "perfect device", the best communication is via emojis and that you'll need a phone all your life and its use by you will increase.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eventually smart phones will be replaced by brain implants which project images directly into our thoughts anyway

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of that kind of stuff, you'd think more parents would care to some extent. I mean, they were kids once too. No body wants to watch a ****ty show.

Though the other thing is mostly the fault of terrible clickbait.
The reason those low quality fake videos with iconic mascot characters get so many views is because parents literally just search up "Elsa" or "Peppa Pig" or whatever character their kids like, and just let their kids watch whatever comes up in the search results to keep them quiet while they attend to other things. The parents aren't there to see some of the vile content, and the kids are too innocent to know there is something wrong with what they are watching.

Caddicarus did a pretty good video on this subject.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I were a dad I would not bring my kids to a movie that tells them that: smartphones are the "perfect device", the best communication is via emojis and that you'll need a phone all your life and its use by you will increase.
Yeah.

Emojis being the most important form of communication is idiotic.

Writing exists.

The movie is stupid and tone deaf.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Eventually smart phones will be replaced by brain implants which project images directly into our thoughts anyway
Hacking a dude's brain implant to make it project Johnny Test all the time will be the best troll method in the future.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah.

Writing exists.

I would agree with you, but when I write on paper I often draw pictures to get certain ideas across

I even draw pictures for my shopping lists

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I love medium rare steak, but I actually can't stand burgers unless they are well done.

The only way I like onions on burgers is if they are caramelized onions or "onion straws". I hate raw cut onions on burgers
Because you don't want to get intestinal worms cause you're not an idiot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, you try telling your monster, I mean kid "no we arent gonna see the movie you want. It sucks ***" and watch them have a fit
It's called be a parent and take charge. Some legends even say that the secret martial arts of the belt and chancleta could quell a noisy child.

Hacking a dude's brain implant to make it project Johnny Test all the time will be the best troll method in the future.
That sounds like a war crime.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah.

Writing exists.

The most important form of communication wouldn't even be writing. Speaking, body language, touch are all vastly more impactful. So much so I would be inclined to think the movie suggests emojis are supreme as an attempt to be silly.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
And just finished Guardians of the Galaxy 2, granted it was through a bootleg site, so the quality was ass, but boy was it still an amazing film.

I don't think I've cried so much after finishing something, it's message of what family is resonates with me so well. Someone could be related to you by blood, but that doesn't mean they're family. It's the people you care about, the ones who are there for you as you are for them. I have a father, but I wouldn't call him my dad, my mom is more of a dad than my father ever would be.
Like how Peter Quill's father is Ego, but his dad is Yondu

Def going to have to catch it again when it officially comes out, hopefully on Netflix.

D

Deleted member

I just looked up who the **** Chiron is because I honestly had no idea and... "Teacher of Achilles"
Oh boy, I already see where this is going
Hack someone's brain and everytime they make a slight movement, the whipcrack sound is played.
The only way to avoid it is to stay perfectly still.
And just finished Guardians of the Galaxy 2, granted it was through a bootleg site, so the quality was ***, but boy was it still an amazing film.

I don't think I've cried so much after finishing something, it's message of what family is resonates with me so well. Someone could be related to you by blood, but that doesn't mean they're family. It's the people you care about, the ones who are there for you as you are for them. I have a father, but I wouldn't call him my dad, my mom is more of a dad than my father ever would be.
Like how Peter Quill's father is Ego, but his dad is Yondu

Def going to have to catch it again when it officially comes out, hopefully on Netflix.
His daddy is Mary Poppins, yo

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, you try telling your monster, I mean kid "no we arent gonna see the movie you want. It sucks ***" and watch them have a fit
I know you're probably just joking around, but legitimately, this is a topic kinda close to home for me, and I honestly think anyone who doesn't have thick enough skin to say "no" to their child should not have had a child in the first place.

If you can't say that simple word from the get go then you are actively making your child more toxic and demanding.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know you're probably just joking around, but legitimately, this is a topic kinda close to home for me, and I honestly think anyone who doesn't have thick enough skin to say "no" to their child should have had a child in the first place.

If you can't say that simple word from the get go then you are actively making your child more toxic and demanding.
True and well there is a difference of taking your kid to see Emoji movie, a kid friendly movie vs taking them to see Sausage Party and we all know how that movie is. Id say ok to them seeing Emoji movie but I sure as hell will say no to Sausage Party

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's really no harm in letting your kids watch a movie though.
Unless it's Coraline. Horror movies should not be aninated. Do not traumatize your children, please.
Reggie gon fire Bill again lol.
"Bill, I'm hiring you back up!"
"Oh that's grea--"
"Also, you're fired. Again."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, there are actual people arguing that Goku isn't strong enough to blow up a planet

And this even involves Blue Goku

Frieza could blow up a planet and Frieza was weaker than initial Super Saiyan 1 Goku

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
OMG, there are actual people arguing that Goku isn't strong enough to blow up a planet

Frieza could blow up a planet and Frieza was weaker than initial Super Saiyan 1 Goku
How could Goku not blow up a planet? They were blowing planets up at like 10000 power level and Goku is like 100000000 now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How could Goku not blow up a planet? They were blowing planets up at like 10000 power level and Goku is like 100000000 now.
Master Roshi blew up the moon at power level 100 something. All it really should take to blow up a planet is like 500. The earth is only around 4 times larger than the moon

Wasn't Galick Gun supposed to blow up the Earth? And Goku beat that in the first arc of DBZ

And even then,he beats plenty of other planet busters. . .

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Pretty much all of the Z-Fighters could do that without much effort. The only that's weird is how they aren't wrecking entire countries with punches and kicks alone by Super's power levels. Well at least the Saiyans, I know Gohan recently got stronger than he was when he fought Super Buu, and Goku and Vegeta are even stronger than that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I've been listening to a lot of Linkin Park and Evanescence recently... what is this... 2004?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty much all of the Z-Fighters could do that without much effort. The only that's weird is how they aren't wrecking entire countries with punches and kicks alone by Super's power levels. Well at least the Saiyans, I know Gohan recently got stronger than he was when he fought Super Buu, and Goku and Vegeta are even stronger than that.
Are we sure Krillin can? The rest I can believe, but Krillin can put out a directly powerful ki attack like that?

Destructo Disc is not the same thing. It's not big enough to cut most planets in half. Maybe a super small moon. Not counting the fact it fails against some enemies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are we sure Krillin can? The rest I can believe, but Krillin can put out a directly powerful ki attack like that?

Destructo Disc is not the same thing. It's not big enough to cut most planets in half. Maybe a super small moon. Not counting the fact it fails against some enemies.
If Roshi in the earliest parts of Dragon Ball can blow up the moon, and Saiyan saga Piccolo can, I'm sure Krillin at his best could do the same. He does know the Kamehameha at least. So yeah, I would say Krillin could probably blow up a moon.

I'm willing to bet a planet as well, but I can see where more people can doubt that. I'm not sure if Roshi or Yamcha could blow up a whole planet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Roshi in the earliest parts of Dragon Ball can blow up the moon, and Saiyan saga Piccolo can, I'm sure Krillin at his best could do the same. He does know the Kamehameha at least. So yeah, I would say Krillin could probably blow up a moon.

I'm willing to bet a planet as well, but I can see where more people can doubt that. I'm not sure if Roshi or Yamcha could blow up a whole planet.
I forgot about Yamcha. I don't consider Roshi part of the Z-Fighters much anymore. Bar a bit in Super. He rarely fought during other arcs. Yamcha however definitely did, so he's easier to consider as part of that team.

Yamcha is pretty much the butt monkey of the series. Bar one moment where he shines(the Dragon Ball Super Dub should eventually get there on Toonami). Yeah, that makes sense they might be a little too underpowered. Tien, on the other hand, is definitely strong enough. Although I'd say he barely makes the cut.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I forgot about Yamcha. I don't consider Roshi part of the Z-Fighters much anymore. Bar a bit in Super. He rarely fought during other arcs. Yamcha however definitely did, so he's easier to consider as part of that team.

Yamcha is pretty much the butt monkey of the series. Bar one moment where he shines(the Dragon Ball Super Dub should eventually get there on Toonami). Yeah, that makes sense they might be a little too underpowered. Tien, on the other hand, is definitely strong enough. Although I'd say he barely makes the cut.
Krillin is stronger than Tien. I could see Tien pulling off something similar to Frieza on Namek, by blowing up the core. even if he's not that strong, he has hard hitting moves.

And I know what episode you're talking about, it was pretty funny.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am really sick of Network errors in pokemon go

I was trying to beat a gym but every time I tried I got a Network Error

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just looked up who the **** Chiron is because I honestly had no idea and... "Teacher of Achilles"
Oh boy, I already see where this is going
Out of some of the Greek characters you don't know, why is Chiron one of them? :glare: He's not just the teacher of Achilles, but practically just about most every big Greek Hero including Ajax, Perseus, Theseus, Jason, Achilles' father Peleus(Chiron was the reason how Peleus met his wife to father Achilles), his best friend Patroclus, the Trojan Hero Aeneas, the God of Medicine Asclepius, and even Heracles(who is also the one who accidently killed him in most myths).
There are more, but they are obscure compared to the ones mentioned above. Not to mention out of the couple Centaurs who weren't a ****, Chiron is the most famous one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Out of some of the Greek characters you don't know, why is Chiron one of them? :glare: He's not just the teacher of Achilles, but practically just about most every big Greek Hero including Ajax, Perseus, Theseus, Jason, Achilles' father Peleus(Chiron was the reason how Peleus met his wife to father Achilles), his best friend Patroclus, the Trojan Hero Aeneas, the God of Medicine Asclepius, and even Heracles(who is also the one who accidently killed him in most myths).
There are more, but they are obscure compared to the ones mentioned above. Not to mention out of the couple Centaurs who weren't a ****, Chiron is the most famous one.
Is he that Satyr guy from Hercules?

Edit: Nah, that was "Philoctetes"

That's him though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom