• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Those guys maybe Buff, but they aren't the stuff. And they sure as hell aren't enough.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... North Korea fired at South Korea prompting South Korea to fire back.

This **** ain't good.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
who is hyped for toy story 4

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't believe Luffy is still on bloody Dressrosa. Chapter 800 is 2 weeks away. I wonder what hype moment we'll get.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Anyone here remember Nintendo Directs? Those were good times, I miss them so

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Get zero rain for almost 4-5 weeks
>Start to get rain now.
>It floods like crazy and rains really hard

Texas weather.
Is straight bullcrap and is unpredictable
Here, have this happy picture
image.jpg

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
new game mode in development,improvements to smash run and adding events to 3ds,mii costumes and assist trophies not considered,captain toad, waddle dee, Dixie kong, and tetra potential characters right now,final decisions after smash ballot.Aka stuff we either knew or guessed already

he gets it
Captain Toad, Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, and Tetra are potential characters?

I would be more than happy to have them as playable characters.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Captain Toad, Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, and Tetra are potential characters?

I would be more than happy to have them as playable characters.
I can easily get behind the other 3 but I just can't get all excited over Captain Toad but not because he's Toad since he should have been playable since Brawl but I hope the character isn't just 100% Captain Toad but have all the assets of the other playable Toads like SMB2, NSMB and 3D World.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A playable Toad that represents all playable Toads from SMB2, WW, NSMBWii/U, SM3DW, and CTTT would be ideal in my book.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone here remember Nintendo Directs? Those were good times, I miss them so
I can see why people have begun to think Nintendo Directs may be gone.

Perhaps, they couldn't find anyone to replace Iwata. Or maybe they decided to end with them in honor of Iwata since those were his idea, after all.

They have been doing announcements on Twitter and social media since Iwata passed away. The same kind of announcements they'd make on a Nintendo Direct.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I can see why people have begun to think Nintendo Directs may be gone.

Perhaps, they couldn't find anyone to replace Iwata. Or maybe they decided to end with them in honor of Iwata since those were his idea, after all.

They have been doing announcements on Twitter and social media since Iwata passed away. The same kind of announcements they'd make on a Nintendo Direct.
:c

It is...understandable.

However, I must ask, what will they do for new Smash DLC trailers now? Will they make them new surprise streams similar to how they did with Robin?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

It is...understandable.

However, I must ask, what will they do for new Smash DLC trailers now? Will they make them new surprise streams similar to how they did with Robin?

Probably, even E3 was a separate stream.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

It is...understandable.
It's a bit hard to swallow. I agree.

Only serves to emphasize the big loss that was Iwata's passing... :(

I'll really miss the Iwata Asks interviews... They were great reads and very insightful on the games.

I'd say so. They probably will do something like Robin's trailer: make an announcement and stream the trailer.

Of course, all this assuming they have, in fact, ended the Nintendo Direct presentations. They could still do video announcements, just in a different way.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Y'know, as much as i love Smash 4 and it's newcomers, i can't help but feel a bit upset at times. Sakurai's whole schtick with the newcomers this game were making them all unique and giving them something no other character can do. That's all fine and dandy, but what about those characters who don't really have anything that stands out but are wanted by the community, both casual and competitive?

Just look at Brawl's newcomer list: :dedede::diddy::ike::lucario::lucas::metaknight::olimar::pit::pt::rob::snake::sonic::toonlink::wario::wolf::zerosuitsamus:. Of all of these characters, only a few have actual, legitimate unique attributes to them. They play differently, but they don't have unique MECHANICS like the Smash 4 newcomers (of course, with a few exceptions).

Brawl filled in a ton of gaps in the Smash roster: characters who should've been in Melee and characters that are new and exciting, without the need for [most of] them to be fancy and unique. For some characters, it baffles me that they've been seemingly passed up because they're "not unique".

So i guess my question or point of my rant is this:

Who would you A) take from the Smash 4 roster and remove their unique mechanic to have them play regularly (read: without a gimmick); and B) who would you want to see in Smash 4 regardless of how unique they were?

My answers would be: A) Little Mac. I love his ground moveset, but i love fighting in the air with characters, so his poor air game hurts my playstyle. I'd gladly see his super armor and KO punch removed if it meant having him balanced out with better aerials and a better recovery. And B) Regardless of how unique I know Sakurai could make them, i'd love to see Inklings hit the roster. I don't need any sort of area control or inking mechanic, i just want to see them fight. I think they have plenty of potential, what with all the weapons in Splatoon, and i know Sakurai would create a great moveset for them.

Now it's your turn!

Strofirko

Smash Master
So there is an actual black hand on mario maker,but no luigi hand.

D1Z GEIMI IS MARIOIST.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
NEW RULES NEW RULES NEW RULES:
Even though this is a social group thread...the rules have been especially lax lately. In order to encourage healthy discussions, these are the new rules the moderators (@Firus , @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , @ Frostwraith Frostwraith and myself) have come up with. If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to ask about them in this thread, or through private messaging. The rules are in effect from now. We may amend them again in the future if we feel that they aren't effective. Your feedback is important and will be taken into consideration. Most of these are actually site rules, but haven't been strictly enforced in the past. This is your final reminder.

1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait the world championships are tomorrow? Then In compliance with the new rules, How likely do you ll think the 3rd gen 6 game is tomorrow?
and Now I'm off to seaworld, so I'll respond to this topic more in depth later.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Y'know, as much as i love Smash 4 and it's newcomers, i can't help but feel a bit upset at times. Sakurai's whole schtick with the newcomers this game were making them all unique and giving them something no other character can do. That's all fine and dandy, but what about those characters who don't really have anything that stands out but are wanted by the community, both casual and competitive?

Just look at Brawl's newcomer list: :dedede::diddy::ike::lucario::lucas::metaknight::olimar::pit::pt::rob::snake::sonic::toonlink::wario::wolf::zerosuitsamus:. Of all of these characters, only a few have actual, legitimate unique attributes to them. They play differently, but they don't have unique MECHANICS like the Smash 4 newcomers (of course, with a few exceptions).

Brawl filled in a ton of gaps in the Smash roster: characters who should've been in Melee and characters that are new and exciting, without the need for [most of] them to be fancy and unique. For some characters, it baffles me that they've been seemingly passed up because they're "not unique".

So i guess my question or point of my rant is this:

Who would you A) take from the Smash 4 roster and remove their unique mechanic to have them play regularly (read: without a gimmick); and B) who would you want to see in Smash 4 regardless of how unique they were?

My answers would be: A) Little Mac. I love his ground moveset, but i love fighting in the air with characters, so his poor air game hurts my playstyle. I'd gladly see his super armor and KO punch removed if it meant having him balanced out with better aerials and a better recovery. And B) Regardless of how unique I know Sakurai could make them, i'd love to see Inklings hit the roster. I don't need any sort of area control or inking mechanic, i just want to see them fight. I think they have plenty of potential, what with all the weapons in Splatoon, and i know Sakurai would create a great moveset for them.

Now it's your turn!
I'm gonna have to disagree with this post. Brawl added the most popular and necessary characters that they can add. It was pretty much just bringing in the most possible and favorable newcomers. What made each Smash 4 newcomer stand out was their uniqueness and taking that away makes them generic and unfitting. What makes Mac himself is that he's a human boxer that is an underdog mentality. All boxers never fight in the air so why would Mac do it.

We shouldn't make a character generic to make them viable. What makes these newcomers special is their unique moveset and playstyles. Take that away and what are they now? The only character that even fit this credential is Palutena but that's due to her standard moveset being so bland and crap and she needs to rely on her customs to get her far

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm gonna have to disagree with this post. Brawl added the most popular and necessary characters that they can add. It was pretty much just bringing in the most possible and favorable newcomers. What made each Smash 4 newcomer stand out was their uniqueness and taking that away makes them generic and unfitting. What makes Mac himself is that he's a human boxer that is an underdog mentality. All boxers never fight in the air so why would Mac do it.

We shouldn't make a character generic to make them viable. What makes these newcomers special is their unique moveset and playstyles. Take that away and what are they now? The only character that even fit this credential is Palutena but that's due to her standard moveset being so bland and crap and she needs to rely on her customs to get her far
So you're effectively saying all of Brawl's newcomers were generic and unfitting?

And yes, boxers don't fight in the air, but plumbers do? It's a fantasy game, things don't always have to make sense.

And for the record, i'm not mad, i'm playing devil's advocate because i think it can inspire discussion. :)

D

Deleted member

And yes, boxers don't fight in the air, but plumbers do?
You do realize you're comparing a mostly normal boxer to a "plumber" that spends most of his time adventuring and defying the laws of physics in a fantasy world where turtles fly on clouds and eating flowers makes you shoot fireballs, right?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So you're effectively saying all of Brawl's newcomers were generic and unfitting?

And yes, boxers don't fight in the air, but plumbers do? It's a fantasy game, things don't always have to make sense.

And for the record, i'm not mad, i'm playing devil's advocate because i think it can inspire discussion. :)
You're not Liam. You can't play Devil's Advocate and get away with it.
Plus I never said that about Brawl's newcomers but if go the Brawl route with designing newcomers, you won't get the unique characters that Smash 4 offers and people loved.

D

Deleted member

NEW RULES NEW RULES NEW RULES:
Even though this is a social group...the rules have been especially lax lately. In order to encourage healthy discussions, these are the new rules the moderators (@Firus , @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , @ Frostwraith Frostwraith and myself) have come up with. If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to ask about them in this thread, or through private messaging. The rules are in effect from now. We may amend them again in the future if we feel that they aren't effective. Your feedback is important and will be taken into consideration. Most of these are actually site rules, but haven't been strictly enforced in the past. This is your final reminder.

1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed.
No
NO!
Welp, I guess this is goodbye
No more ****posting for me
aka 85% of my posts
Please, Push, tell me I can still ****post if it's relevant to current discussion
You do realize you're comparing a mostly normal boxer to a "plumber" that spends most of his time adventuring and defying the laws of physics in a fantasy world where turtles fly on clouds and eating flowers makes you shoot fireballs, right?
Next on Game Theory:
Why can't Little Mac fight in the air but an obese penguin, a fa(r)t evil plumber and a Dog with a duck can!
because logic doesn't exists in games
see, ****posting like that

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why can't Little Mac fight in the air but an obese penguin, a fa(r)t evil plumber and a Dog with a duck can!
To be fair, Little Mac is one of the few characters on the roster who's permanently grounded in all of his appearances.

The closest he comes to jumping is the star punch and maybe some victory animations.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Pre ordered the retro three pack on gamestop!! Woop. Woop. And,, i may order ganon online so i can have all the zelda characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom