• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Lol, ain't nothing beating the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sony wins.

Only thing Nintendo has on this is Zelda methinks.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Nintendo's gonna need to pull out all the stops to one up Sony now.

How you ask? Here's my flawless plan that I hope they at least execute the bolded:
  • Wolf for Smash DLC
  • Star Fox U
  • Xenoblade X English trailer
  • New F-Zero for Wii U, whether it's UX or GX HD. 25th anniversary yo
  • Fatal Frame V English Gameplay
  • NX info
  • GameCube digital downloadable games
  • Finally, although Konami is being butts right now, Snake returning as Smash DLC will knock everyone's socks off
Also more MK8 DLC and something Metroid. Pls Nintendo pls
and paper mario.....

I really am waiting for it :)

Shroob

Sup?
Is it wrong that I never played FF7 and honestly have never cared for the series?

I always preferred Dragon Quest.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I forgot about Metroid.

Zelda, Metroid, and Star Fox might be comparable.

But that FF7 remake is near impossible to beat.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The only way Nintendo could possibly win (in the eyes of the Internet) now by showing off Half Life 3 U. Ffvii and Shenmue have huge cult followings on the Internet.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so nintendo has an hour long thing and they announced a LOT of stuff pre e3.....guys not saying all the dreams will come true but it seems likely

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, maybe it's best to look at some of their other franchises. They have a love for reviving dead franchises after all.

The only way Nintendo could possibly win (in the eyes of the Internet) now by showing off Half Life 3 U. Ffvii and Shenmue have huge cult followings on the Internet.
I wouldn't call FF7 a "cult classic" but more so "the Ocarina of Time of Playstation".

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Prediction time for Nintendo:
Paper Mario Wii U
Metroid game Wii U
Animal Crossing Wii U
Hyrule Warriors 3DS (leaked)
Mario 3DS

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was like, "It's about fricken time Last Guardian showed up!" And I enjoyed every moment of watching it. The gameplay looked friggin' tense. Also, Shunmue III, No Man's Sky, Dreams, and that Final Fantasy VII Remake. The only sad thing about the Sony conference was how after the big announcements, it got pretty boring after that and had a rather lackluster ending. Edit: Oh and that Black Ops III bit. No offense to the fanbase, but the way they were hyping it before it's reveal, just no.

That being said, while they certainly can't compete with the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Nintendo will need to pull out some big surprises of it's own if they want to compete for the attention. And with Smash out of the way(possibly), they have more room for such surprises.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, guys, here's my Bingo Sheet for tomorrow-

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, Nintendo does seem to have unexpected titles announced as we surely weren't expecting Hyrule Warriors 3D or Ryu in Smash (before the data mining happened and Mewtwo came out). I have a feeling these leaks are hinting at Nintendo's conference being full surprises of things we weren't even think about. They seem very confident this year and I do have full faith in them. Which is getting me very excited. Who knows, we might get Metroid X F-Zero for all we know :p.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I know something that could compete with Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Resident Evil 2 Remake. Not that they would announce it on a Nintendo system.

Last edited:

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
I'm going to be at work tomorrow during both Nintendo's and Square's shows. Do you guys know of any way that I can watch them when I get home without ruining anything trying to find the video? Like a direct link or something?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So what you're telling me is Shadow would never be a cool addition for Smash.
Ehhh, Shadow was edgy emo garbage from day 1. It's who he's always been. He gets a free pass for that. Not that I'd want Shadow or anything, but still....

Cloud was a legitimately good character in FF7 who was ruined in later appearances.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ehhh, Shadow was edgy emo garbage from day 1. It's who he's always been. He gets a free pass for that. Not that I'd want Shadow or anything, but still....

Cloud was a legitimately good character in FF7 who was ruined in later appearances.
I know. That's what I was implying lol.

there'll be spoilers in the trailers they upload
It's his only option, really. Unless he wants the Twitch archive link.

D

Deleted member

I don't hate Cloud by any means, but I'd rather have a Final Fantasy character with actual history with Nintendo aside from the handheld Kingdom Hearts games and that Final Fantasy rhythm game.
Also, with Street Fighter V still exclusive to PS4, I guess Ryu is just here to promote the game? OR there's the possiblity of Nintendo vs Capcom.
Ryu's purpose seems to be grabbing that Street Fighter II nostalgia more than anything else (compare that to how Snake was included in Brawl alongside content from MGS4), but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his inclusion served as an advertisement for a "Nintendo vs. Capcom" game at this point.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is it wrong that I never played FF7 and honestly have never cared for the series?

I always preferred Dragon Quest.
I once played FF7....

let;s just say it's sad that it wasn;t a very good experience. The random encounter system, it jsut kills everything for me. Like, guys, I SUCK at multitasking, absolutely SUCK. To get interrupted while trying to find a way int he overworl, I just SUCK and when i go back to overworld, I;m so confused.....

The same can be said for pkmn and golden sun, but pokemon, you had repels and for GS, you had a thign to do it too, but add the flow of the battles were super wuick.

FF7 I jsut could not for the life of me continue at one point.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
I know. That's what I was implying lol.

It's his only option, really. Unless he wants the Twitch archive link.
Do you mean like, after it's over someone sends me the link of the stream archived on twitch? I didn't realize they were even archived...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom