• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
OMAGAAD HYPE HYPE HYYYYPPPEE

ROY, WOLF , LUCAS , RYU , AND THE TOUUUURRNEEEYYYYY MOODE PLEAAAAAASE SAMUUURAAII SENPAI ! NOOTIIICE MEEEEE AND MY REQUEEEST !!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait, how do we know it's 20 minutes?
We aren't 100% sure. But it says "Same day release" in Japanese.
Direct starts 11:40 PM 6/14.
Lucas is released 12:00 AM 6/15.
(Both Japan time).

Plus 11:40 is a weird time to start a direct. Usually they start on the hour. The April 1st direct started 6 PM EST for example.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm hoping Roy gets revealed Sunday and Ryu the next Tuesday at E3. And I'd much rather have a new Mother 3 stage instead like Osohe Castle in my opinion.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Imagine ... Nintendo are in the BackStage , preparing this for Months and "us" Leaker and Dataminer ruined their plan ...

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hey guys! I'm confused. Is the presentation for E3 on Sunday or Wednesday?

Also Splatoon is taking over my life.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
20 minutes is a very short amount of time, stop acting like it's a huge amount of time that wouldn't allow for no character reveal. Sakurai could EASILY talk about anything he wanted for 20 minutes. Have you read his interviews? He can go on and on for paragraphs without saying anything lol.
I hope a character is revealed, but don't get too set on that guys. This thread (or the old one) has a bad habit of expecting stuff and getting really pissed when it doesn't happen.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So wait... the Smash Direct is the same day as the NWC's.

So... are we about to witness another WFT/Pac-Man situation?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Anyone know what time that presentation will be in BST?

20 minutes is a very short amount of time, stop acting like it's a huge amount of time that wouldn't allow for no character reveal. Sakurai could EASILY talk about anything he wanted for 20 minutes. Have you read his interviews? He can go on and on for paragraphs without saying anything lol.
I hope a character is revealed, but don't get too set on that guys. This thread (or the old one) has a bad habit of expecting stuff and getting really pissed when it doesn't happen.
20 minutes is a ridiculously long time to spend on a special presentation talking about a game that was released last year.
There's nothing left for us to know except DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

20 minutes is a ridiculously long time to spend on a special presentation talking about a game that was released last year.
IGN says 3:40 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

My point is that Sakurai talks a lot, and he tends to spend a lot of time talking about stuff that most people don't care about. Sure, it IS a lot of time with certain people, but not with him. I remember the rage some people felt when he would post a picture of something completely random in the POTD, and then he'd go on and on explaining it.

I could easily see him taking 20 minutes to talk about how much fans requested Lucas, how it affects the balance of the game, showing off the miiverse and some of the funny background images, how successful Splatoon has been and why they were included as costume DLC.

But yes, it would not surprise me if he announced a new character. If he announced more than one character, I'd be very surprised. If he spent most of the time talking about the new characters, I'd be even more surprised.

Edit: But there's no reason to argue, none of us has any knowledge into how Sakurai and his mind works haha, let's just hope for the best but not expect too much :)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I for one welcome our new Smash Brothers direct overlord.

ALL HAIL MASHED POTATOES AND SHRIMP SAKURA RICE.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I'm genuinely surprised by this announcement. Seems odd to have two different presentations but whatever, I will like it either way.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
My point is that Sakurai talks a lot, and he tends to spend a lot of time talking about stuff that most people don't care about. Sure, it IS a lot of time with certain people, but not with him. I remember the rage some people felt when he would post a picture of something completely random in the POTD, and then he'd go on and on explaining it.

I could easily see him taking 20 minutes to talk about how much fans requested Lucas, how it affects the balance of the game, showing off the miiverse and some of the funny background images, how successful Splatoon has been and why they were included as costume DLC.

But yes, it would not surprise me if he announced a new character. If he announced more than one character, I'd be very surprised. If he spent most of the time talking about the new characters, I'd be even more surprised.

Edit: But there's no reason to argue, none of us has any knowledge into how Sakurai and his mind works haha, let's just hope for the best but not expect too much :)
In a marketing event? Nintendo wouldn't let him waste that much time on stuff no one cares about unless it was an indie game sizzle reel.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Pre launch, I could kind of see that. However, I felt the Smash Direct was full of new information, and never dragged anything out. PoTD? Yes. That's probably because they had to scramble a couple of days, and because in some cases Sakurai wanted to show the crazy details his team and him put in.

I don't think he's going to go on about ridiculous small details, especially about content we already know. This isn't an interview, lecture and it's not his column. He gets that. Rewatching the last Smash Direct will probably give us an idea on how Sakurai will approach this one.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In other news Scream 4 is hilarious edited for TV.

Gale Weathers circle jerk line in particular.

''WHERE IS THIS CIRCLE TAKING PLACE?!"

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Pre launch, I could kind of see that. However, I felt the Smash Direct was full of new information, and never dragged anything out. PoTD? Yes. That's probably because they had to scramble a couple of days, and because in some cases Sakurai wanted to show the crazy details his team and him put in.

I don't think he's going to go on about ridiculous small details, especially about content we already know. This isn't an interview, lecture and it's not his column. He gets that. Rewatching the last Smash Direct will probably give us an idea on how Sakurai will approach this one.
There sorta HAD to be days with useless posts like Luigi's nose. Had they not, they would've eventually run out of stuff to announce, and there wouldn't be much to keep the hype train rolling.

Spacing out the big announcements was the best way to keep people interested.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There sorta HAD to be days with useless posts like Luigi's nose. Had they not, they would've eventually run out of stuff to announce, and there wouldn't be much to keep the hype train rolling.
Nothing was as bad as ''YOU MUST RECOVER!" at least.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what they've got in store...

I'm taking precaution and writing both Ryu and Roy scripts for my comic just to be safe.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wonder if they will announce how long the Direct is gonna be or if they'll just leave us hanging.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
20 minutes with Sakurai saying "lol Lucas is available now" at the end is probably a safe bet.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Could happen, both newcomers came from the same franchise.
Wonder Red and Bayonetta?
Squirtle and Ivysaur?
King K. Rool and Dixie Kong?
Roy and Kamui?
Thanks for making me excited. :L
K. Rool and Dixie double reveal would be just what the :4drmario: ordered.

Though I still see you're on about that pesky Bayonetta ;).

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I thought we already knew it's 20 minutes long?
Assumptions, since it starts 20 minutes before Lucas is out. It could very well be shorter than that though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We don't know but we're darn sure.

But let's think... The average newcomer trailer was a bout 1:30 to 2:00 minutes so it can't be nothing but the two trailers...

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
When you wait for Etika to post a Smash 4 hype video and he does a trailer reaction to FF XV instead<<<<

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they're timing it to Lucas's reveal because they now know that data miners will ruin any surprises to we'll get Ryu, Roy and at least one other character. before their files are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom