• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think in general the detail they add in Smash is amazing. There are a few design choices I don't really agree with but it's just me being nitpicky (and mostly that Twilight Princess is my least favorite Zelda game).
Fight me irl.
I do wish that the Zelda characters designs took after this:

Would fit into Smash 4's art direction better. The look Link had in MK8 works well too.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hmm, "NX "Is Definitely Not Aiming To Compete With PS4 On Horsepower"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074926

I've been looking around and the source has some credibility and a history of leaking correct information.

I really hope it's a hybrid console if this is true.
Tamaki from Unseen 64 had said that the NX will be underpowered. He has a pretty good track record.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ey, look at that title. I love Earthbound!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Fight me irl.
I do wish that the Zelda characters designs took after this:

Would fit into Smash 4's art direction better. The look Link had in MK8 works well too.
When they changed the designs from OOT to TP in Brawl, they should have kept the trend of having them based on the most recent Zelda game, being Skyward. Which would have fit the tone of this game better (and is the one that's in MK).

I don't hate TP, but it's definitely the least fun I've had on a Zelda game.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Tamaki from Unseen 64 had said that the NX will be underpowered. He has a pretty good track record.
That's okay if it's positioned as a 3DS successor that you can dock at home or something.

If it's truly their next home console then it needs to be on par with the Xbox One to receive any sort of third party support. A Gamecube -> Wii power boost is not going to cut it unless they have a FANTASTIC gimmick.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When they changed the designs from OOT to TP in Brawl, they should have kept the trend of having them based on the most recent Zelda game, being Skyward. Which would have fit the tone of this game better (and is the one that's in MK).
I don't hate TP, but it's definitely the least fun I've had on a Zelda game.
I agree.
Now that I have completely it, I can confidently say my least favorite Zelda is Link's Awakening.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My least favorite Zelda is probably Phantom hourglass. I like all of them though.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ganondorf and Sheik, not appearing in Skyward Sword, would have probably looked out of place next to SS Link and Zelda though, but otherwise I do agree. At least now we have updated Hyrule Warriors (+ possible Zelda Wii U appearances) of them for the next Smash game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm really hoping the 3DS Hyrule Warriors game has some references to this. Byrne would be a seriously awesome playable character.
*Looks up Byrne*
Oh yeah, the European version changed his name to Staven, no clue why they changed a lot.
Speaking of Europe, we're getting an indie sale in a few days, good time to try Guacamelee out

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Would love for the Oracle games to get some love in Hyrule Warriors Legends. Playable Din, Nayru, Veran, Onox...won't happen, but would be pretty cool.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
There is one character that would make me instantly pre-order Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
*Looks up Byrne*
Oh yeah, the European version changed his name to Staven, no clue why they changed a lot.
Speaking of Europe, we're getting an indie sale in a few days, good time to try Guacamelee out
Spirit Tracks Translations are probably different because Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe probably did different translations for them, so Spirit Tracks European version actually uses U.K English. Which is pretty much the same reason as to why Shadow Dragon has different translations for the U.K and the U.S.A.

Would love for the Oracle games to get some love in Hyrule Warriors Legends. Playable Din, Nayru, Veran, Onox...won't happen, but would be pretty cool.
I get the feeling we won't ever see handheld Characters until at least we get a proper Sequel to Hyrule Warriors, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hyrule Warriors is really, really good at giving the fans what they want. It is a fanservice game after all. They changed Ghirahim and Zant from NPCs to playable characters because fans wanted them (you should try this, Smash Bros) and they added Wind Waker and Majora's Mask content as well.
I'm sure Skull Kid, Vaati, Oracles representation and, of course, Groose are all fairly possible.
My least favorite Zelda is probably Phantom hourglass. I like all of them though.
I retract my previous statement. Because as much I didn't enjoy it, at least I BEAT Link's Awakening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Spirit Tracks Translations are probably different because Nintendo of America and Nintendo o Europe probably did different translations for them, so Spirit Tracks European version actually uses U.K English. Which is pretty much the same reason as to why Shadow Dragon has different translations for the U.K and the U.S.A.

I get the feeling we won't ever see handheld Characters until at least we get a proper Sequel to Hyrule Warriors, unfortunately.
We Europeans got Sheeda, closest to Japan's name, therefore we win!
I retract my previous statement. Because as much I didn't enjoy it, at least I BEAT Link's Awakening.
I actually really liked Link's Awakening

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just can't get into the handheld Zelda games it seems. Didn't like Link's Awakening, haven't even beaten Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.
The former due to be being extremely tedious, the latter two for having some really stupid design decisions. Like the controls.
EDIT: Haven't beaten Minish Cap either. But I like that game, so I guess it's still an exception. :)

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I need to complete ages, seasons, Minish cap and Zelda 2. Edit: Phantom hourglass and spirit tracks too. Then I've completed every Zelda. I've gotten to the final boss in Minish cap once, I love that game.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I agree.
Now that I have completely it, I can confidently say my least favorite Zelda is Link's Awakening.
I haven't played every Zelda game, but actually I could retract my previous statement and say Twilight is my 2nd least favorite as like you, Link's Awakening was not fun for me (as a kid I haven't played it in years).

Ganondorf and Sheik, not appearing in Skyward Sword, would have probably looked out of place next to SS Link and Zelda though, but otherwise I do agree. At least now we have updated Hyrule Warriors (+ possible Zelda Wii U appearances) of them for the next Smash game.
They should have used OOT Sheik because Sheik wasn't even in Twilight Princess. Plus it makes no sense to base a character's design on a game she wasn't even in...

Ganondorf could have similarly gone back to his Melee/OOT design, or they could have done with him what they did with Roy, Fox, Falco, Ryu etc and created a unique design that uses different parts of his different looks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I haven't played every Zelda game, but actually I could retract my previous statement and say Twilight is my 2nd least favorite as like you, Link's Awakening was not fun for me (as a kid I haven't played it in years).
They should have used OOT Sheik because Sheik wasn't even in Twilight Princess. Plus it makes no sense to base a character's design on a game she wasn't even in...
Ganondorf could have similarly gone back to his Melee/OOT design, or they could have done with him what they did with Roy, Fox, Falco, Ryu etc and created a unique design that uses different parts of his different looks.
They should give a hybrid design to every Zelda character anyway for the sake of cohesion.
Link would pull primarily from the design I showed (A Link Between Worlds/Classic Link) with the extra details from Twilight Princess, sword and shield design from Skyward Sword, and maybe Ocarina of Time Link's gloves.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm not huge on Ganondorf's current design. He just looks fat. OoT is the best. HW isn't bad.

I hope 'dorf is in Zelda U. I liked the Zant/Ganon-D relationship and would love to see another situation like that.

Sheik is meh to me. I prefer Impa tbh. I'd be okay with Impa taking Sheik's spot in SSB.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would love Oot Dorf back. Oot Link too, love those designs.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think that everyone wants that at this point. Or at least for them to share slots.
No way. Count me as one that doesn't want that.

Sakurai has never replaced a character and frankly he shouldn't. The only replacement was Young Link to Toon Link but they're practically the same characters.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Although I agree, pick one
Young Link/Toon Link is the exception because they're literally kid Links is what I'm getting at. Technically, they're different people in lore but they are still Link's kid self in the end. Much different situation than replacing 2 completely different characters.

I hope that clears it up.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Young Link/Toon Link is the exception because they're literally kid Links is what I'm getting at. Technically, they're different people in lore but they are still Link's kid self in the end. Much different situation than replacing 2 completely different characters.

I hope that clears it up.
Again, I compleyely agree, it's just you contradicted yourself

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
There's always exceptions.
Frankly, now that there's been a split Sheik sticks out like a sore thumb. There are two ways to mitigate this, one making Impa fans happy and one making me happy...
No way. Count me as one that doesn't want that.

Sakurai has never replaced a character and frankly he shouldn't. The only replacement was Young Link to Toon Link but they're practically the same characters.
I guess I'm the only one who wants to see both, since I see as Shiek as representing Ocarina of Time and I see'd Impa as representing Skyward Sword, seeing as this would been we would have all major Zelda games represented then.

Naoshi

I guess I'm the only one who wants to see both, since I see as Shiek as representing Ocarina of Time and I see'd Impa as representing Skyward Sword, seeing as this would been we would have all major Zelda games represented then.
I'm pretty cool with Impa getting in. Just not as Sheik's replacement.

I really hope this is a handheld system or something different. I don't know how I would react if the next home system is just a slightly beefed up Wii U in terms of power.

I mean, I am okay with the Wii U's graphics myself. But when it comes to marketing and getting third party support on board? Not a good strategy unless you have something good enough to back it up, but even then how are they going to be able to convince everyone outside of the Wii U userbase to buy it? Sure we had the Wii but can they really do it again anytime soon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom