• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh I don't mind going to these events.

Supporting you is my main goal and I don't mind stepping outside my comfort zone.
Good, glad I can count on you. Willing to step outside into the world of nature and freedom.

If only convincing others to do the same were that easy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally figured out how the lights and sounds for the Keyblade work and it's so cool, especially the keyhole projection. The projection is way clearer than I thought it would be, but you have to literally recreate the actions Sora performs to have it come up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I was watching a video and someone pointed out that the last line in “Pokémon the Movie I Choose You!”
The last line by Ash is “Let’s Go Pikachu”

WHAT.....

Game Freak has teased us so hard with these names man...
This reminds me of something related to space rocks...
Holy hell I've always thought Blue was like 15-16 from the time we did so many arguments lmao

Happy birthday @BluePikmin11 just don't do anything stupid
He already did... He watched Oreimo...
God. I hate Goku.

Don't get me wrong?

I love Goku.

But I HATE Goku.

And why? He's that character whose popularity refuses to die or fade into this place of legacy, so they've kept the anime and manga going to the point where he is a character who is at such a ridiculous power level that there's no sense of agency in any of his battles no matter how hard they try.

And to try? They have to increase the ridiculousness of how powerful his foes get as well.

He's probably the most obvious case of a character's popularity harming him as well. Fanboys and girls ask for more of him to the point where you have to eventually wonder ''How are they even going to top the levels he got into in Super if this thing keeps going?"

And I don't think I particular want to find out either as interesting and iconic as he is, because the more his power level grows. The more obnoxious his die hard fans become as well.
I think it's more due to Toriyama not being able to handle powercreep properly, this was already an issue originally and it's why I was never a fan of DB as a whole.
The popularity didn't create the problem, it only made it worse.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know if any of you have played Spider-Man 2, but the post game fight challenges are hard as hell. I only got to do like 5 of them so far.

All I know is that at some point, there's a fight with Calypso(the lady who was Kraven's girlfriend in the 90's cartoon), who's basically the secret boss. But that one endurance fight with the 75 goons is pretty tough.

I'm at least slowly becoming the Pizza King though.

EDIT: Fixed a name.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I wouldn't have figured, I see a lot of discussion about the game there that seemed positive.
As much as I don't ant to open another can of worms, the criticism is more for the characters designs, most notably the Female Blades in particular.

Glad that things seem calmer there now. Not like I will ever get a Resetera account.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yoooo, one of my favorite games I played last year is getting ported to Switch.

A rundown on what the game is about:

The premise is simple. You play as Jill. A lady who works at the bar VA-11 HALL-A as a bartender which is in a dystopian cyberpunk city. Is this how you become involved in giant scheme where you must take action and save the world from further corruption?

No. Crazy **** may be happening in the world but it ain't your problem.

Your biggest problem here is paying the bills. The game has you acting as just that, a bartender, and as a bartender you'll have to deal with very "interesting" characters, talk about their problems and maybe get them drunk for lulzies. You'll be dealing with some of Jill's personal issues as well.

The game plays in a Visual Novel format so there isn't much interaction beyond talking and making drinks. You do have to pay attention to which drinks your clients want if you want to get paid well, though. As well as get different dialogues and even endings.

The soundtrack is also one of the best I've heard in an indie game.

I completely recommend this game.
Restera doesn't like XB2.

I like smug Pyra and Mythra.

The image proves itself and is therefore perfect.
That's not true though.

There was plenty of praise for it in multiple threads.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another kanto mon that needs an evolution is tauros. He got beat by others for a mega but has always been a cool mon. I would like to see something like the centaur concepts I’ve seen. Normal fighting could be a really interesting type combo for a Pokémon with a cool inspiration.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

A rundown on what the game is about:

The premise is simple. You play as Jill. A lady who works at the bar VA-11 HALL-A as a bartender which is in a dystopian cyberpunk city. Is this how you become involved in giant scheme where you must take action and save the world from further corruption?

No. Crazy **** may be happening in the world but it ain't your problem.

Your biggest problem here is paying the bills. The game has you acting as just that, a bartender, and as a bartender you'll have to deal with very "interesting" characters, talk about their problems and maybe get them drunk for lulzies. You'll be dealing with some of Jill's personal issues as well.

The game plays in a Visual Novel format so there isn't much interaction beyond talking and making drinks. You do have to pay attention to which drinks your clients want if you want to get paid well, though. As well as get different dialogues and even endings.

The soundtrack is also one of the best I've heard in an indie game.

I completely recommend this game.

That's not true though.

There was plenty of praise for it in multiple threads.
I was going to complain about how silly spelling valhalla that way is but then I remembered my username so nvm. :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That too. But I mentioned it later on among the various crossover stuff, so... plus, there's no way they'd add the The Next Mutation stuff. They might remake Venus to fit the new design? I know among TNM directors, the one who hates Venus left, meaning she's easy to come back, as she is legitimately popular. It's just the specific work she's from is not(and for good reasons. Maybe if it had another season to finish off the story, it'd have done better, but it left too many holes).
It'd be cool if the Next Mutation stuff did happen though. It'd weird out so many younger fans.

Same difference to what I mean. It's not canon, which was my only point. But yeah, I forgot that was a bad way to put it. Though I did have some fun with it. The music didn't do much beyond improve in some ways. Seeing Titanus roll in with thunder sound effects was great. And having Bulk and Skull's laughter in the theme song was cool.
Huh, I didn't know this, I didn't watch it, cause I didn't need to.

Opposite. She was clearly there for the male audiences, as fanservice. April didn't exist. And she wasn't actually related to the turtles so they could add romance too.

The problem is the writing. She's a great idea, just executed really badly. Her personality and jokes were far better than the rest of the way they handled it, though.
Yeah, Venus reason for existing is rather dumb, but she is neat idea, here's one way to make her more compelling I think, make her have no street smarts, make her their actual sister, so the writers can't force romance, and well you've got a interesting character to start with, I'm not sure what else to have her do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually one down side to a kanto revisit:

No game corner anymore because Europe :(

That’s going to be sadly and kill some nostalgia. I’m guessing porygon will just be handed out.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I found out there's a Speedrun for all the Pizza Delivery missions in Spider-Man 2.

Time to listen to this banger.

Also, there's a trap remix of this theme too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That’s going to be sadly and kill some nostalgia. I’m guessing porygon will just be handed out.
I hate how they toned all those things down from Gen 1/2 in their respective remakes in Gen 3/4.

Even the NPC's dialogue from Celadon City had to be changed. Way to kill all the fun ESRB. :glare:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sooooo I registered for the annual naturist club I want to sign up for and I can't wait to attend all major events for the year.
I thought this was some kinda gardening thing.

Google says this is not some kinda gardening thing.

Ain't hating, mind, just amused at how my ignorance turned out. Godspeed on it, you and Azure both.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

The one time we ruin it for everyone.

I hate how they toned all those things down from Gen 1/2 in their respective remakes in Gen 3/4.

Even the NPC's dialogue from Celadon City had to be changed. Way to kill all the fun ESRB. :glare:
Actually, it was us Europeans this time. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I thought this was some kinda gardening thing.

Google says this is not some kinda gardening thing.

Ain't hating, mind, just amused at how my ignorance turned out. Godspeed on it, you and Azure both.
Thanks.

I would use the other term, but naturists sounds more like a safer way of describing what it is.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

yeah it was always sad, the game corners were a fun and nostalgic part of the older games that I will always miss

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yooooo, another Valhalla fan.

Seconding this. If you dig visual novels in any capacity, endorsing the hell out of VA11 Hall-A; that **** is top-notch.

I was going to complain about how silly spelling valhalla that way is but then I remembered my username so nvm. :p
Honestly? The in-universe explanation is actually not half bad.

Rest of the game is good enough that I'd be happy to give it a pass either way though.

Thanks.

I would use the other term, but naturists sounds more like a safer way of describing what it is.
Heh.

Probably true, but I bet there's gonna be some real amusing reactions to people looking it up.

I should know, I had one. :awesome:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If I were to be honest, I am disappointed with these new Pokemon games we will get since it seems to be more and more true.

But as long as we can get a Real Gen 8 game and region soon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
i thought it was common knowledge to not get your expections up or does no one do that anymore
Thing is when people do that they inevitably get there hopes up anyway. :ohwell:

Or maybe i'm speaking from personal experience? I always tell myself not to get my hopes up only to raise them like hell for no reason the moment something gets revealed or still wound up disappointed in the end.

Hopeless optimist indeed...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thing is when people do that they inevitably get there hopes up anyway. :ohwell:

Or maybe i'm speaking from personal experience? I always tell myself not to get my hopes up only to raise them like hell for no reason the moment something gets revealed or still wound up disappointed in the end.

Hopeless optimist indeed...
its pretty easy for me to keep my expectations in check. I just make myself believe nothing intresting will happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom