• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Inquisitor Morag's dignity is immediately stripped by doubling back to Argentum Trade Guild as soon as she's freely unlocked.

Although now I am confronted with the unexpected situation of wanting to hug her for being an utter cinnamon roll.

You really have to appreciate how every last scrap of cloth blatantly missing from the clothing of nearly every Blade went into perfecting Morag's several layers of uniform, enormous beautiful coattails, and fantastically cushioned pantlegs.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I forgive y'all for sleeping on this on account of the fact Ninty is too, just releasing **** to their channel with no more fanfare than what various journalists are gonna write about it.

The games look more involved this go-round but (mostly) not by leaps and bounds. Blaster has multiple environments and bosses which is already more than I saw coming. Really looks like they dumped their eggs in that basket, though; Bird looks fun, Camera is about what everyone expected, Wind Pedal on its own looks kind of pitiful, and Elephant is literally Tilt Brush - which is itself pretty awesome, but that trunk has got to be a chokepoint. VR Plaza looks like it got a full stack of the kind of games you'd see out of Toy-Con House, which is fine mostly because there's so damn many of them.

Meanwhile VR Garage looks goddamn insane. It's baby's first VR dev kit. I'm sure there'll be a limitation in there somewhere once it's in my hands (size of environments, number of objects, etc.) but besides the limits of the Switch itself I couldn't tell you what it is presently. Most importantly, the software seems identical between the starter kit and the full kit, lowering the bar of entry to the Garage to a whopping $40.

Too bad Labo's been such a bust so far because this really coulda used some momentum behind it. Now the only people who probably give a **** are the Labo devs and me.

tenor.png

I'm done gushing, thanks for scrolling past. Gonna go faff about in Minecraft now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yes I did! They’ve been good. The plot points this season are looking to be pretty interesting
Talk about em then, as I got you
There's been a lot of interesting turns this season. Moon trying to adjust to a new life, baby Meteora possibly still having some memories of her past life, Star's peasant bloodline turning out to be from some truly scummy thieves, etc...Not to mention that beach picture being from the future this whole time, having been gifted to her by Father Time.

I'm really curious as to what Globgor's character is really like, and if Star really is never going to be Queen. I'm getting a feeling that Eclipsa might end up giving it up and back to her later on anyway, or will lose it again somehow. Any thoughts on this, folks?

Also, according to previews, Ludo's making a comeback. He's back to his old look, except with the addition of the beard, and he still has the eagle and spider from the looks of it. Glad to see the fella making his return.

One thing in particular that I'm really curious about is something we've seen in the previews...What's up with Ludo flying through the void with the clown getup he only donned during one important episode? Considering he was almost sucked into a portal to the void in Bon Bon the Birthday Clown, as well as the sudden involvement of time anomalies in this season... I'm getting the idea that maybe someone traveled to the past and changed it so that Ludo did get sucked into that portal, ending his battle with Star early and preventing him from ever capturing the spell book and Glossaryck, which would HEAVILY alter the present timeline. Who among the characters would do this and why, though? Does it have something to do with the Glossaryck claiming that Star traveling to the Magic Realm to defeat Toffee was likely a mistake? I'm thinking it's likely something along those lines so far, but it's way too early to be sure.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Labo isn't bad, but Nintendo doesn't know how to market it.
Oh no, they market it correctly for what it is. It's just been some degree of letdown or another at every turn because even the best games they include are short, one-hour-max play session deals - lookin at you, Robot Kit.

As with every hardware release across history, it flops without software support. And make no mistake, whatever it's made of, Labo is hardware in its purest form.

It looks like VR kit kind of improves on this, with Blaster especially, but at the end of the day I'm expecting to have my heart broken there too.

What I really want to see is VR integration, since this is an effective proof of concept and the starter kit is a relatively inexpensive investment. But they've done nothing with any integration besides using the motorbike in MK8D, so it looks like they've thrown their hands up at even that.

I'm currently of the opinion they're going to release whatever Labo sets were still in development to recoup the manufacturing partnerships for the cardboard and the dev costs for the software, and then they're just going to let it die a quiet death.

And that's a ****ing shame. Labo deserved better, it just ain't gonna get it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's been a lot of interesting turns this season. Moon trying to adjust to a new life, baby Meteora possibly still having some memories of her past life, Star's peasant bloodline turning out to be from some truly scummy thieves, etc...Not to mention that beach picture being from the future this whole time, having been gifted to her by Father Time.

I'm really curious as to what Globgor's character is really like, and if Star really is never going to be Queen. I'm getting a feeling that Eclipsa might end up giving it up and back to her later on anyway, or will lose it again somehow. Any thoughts on this, folks?

Also, according to previews, Ludo's making a comeback. He's back to his old look, except with the addition of the beard, and he still has the eagle and spider from the looks of it. Glad to see the fella making his return.

One thing in particular that I'm really curious about is something we've seen in the previews...What's up with Ludo flying through the void with the clown getup he only donned during one important episode? Considering he was almost sucked into a portal to the void in Bon Bon the Birthday Clown, as well as the sudden involvement of time anomalies in this season... I'm getting the idea that maybe someone traveled to the past and changed it so that Ludo did get sucked into that portal, ending his battle with Star early and preventing him from ever capturing the spell book and Glossaryck, which would HEAVILY alter the present timeline. Who among the characters would do this and why, though? Does it have something to do with the Glossaryck claiming that Star traveling to the Magic Realm to defeat Toffee was likely a mistake? I'm thinking it's likely something along those lines so far, but it's way too early to be sure.
Yeah I think the main plots this season will be meteora reforming into her old self, (perhaps globgor has to stop her?)

Toffe I think I’d definitely coming back they keep referencing him. He’s not a killer and tho is ratiknally so maybe star needs his help to unite monsters and mewnmens. His leader Seth the dart Arwen was cold blooded and a killer and I think he’s coming with the hints about it from the official book of spells.

Which according to eclipsa’s chapter globgor isn’t a bad guy. He just wanted peace between the two species but it wasn’t able to be achieved. He’s stated to be caring and kind and eclipsa’s has known him for most of her life. I think he’s gonna be a big player in helping solve the conflicts with star.

I also think endgame is gonna be queen star.

My bet is star will be mewmans queen,eclipsa will lead the monsters, ludo and his family will get royality back to somehow.

I think ludo is gonna be bad but ultimately go back to being a hero by the end. Moons story should be interesting. I think she will have to adjust to things and accept that ultimately Star was right in her decision.

The whole beach thing is odd but maybe sets up starco? I feel like that’s also endgame, but at the same time I’ve seen some solid points that star needs to still grow before being in a relationship.

There’s also something else to note. In the last page of the book of spells, apparently glossaryk leaves a message about how if the book should be damaged or destroyed, he has magic silkworms that can recreate it perfectly if the book holder has one piece of the book left. With this being setup last season I think it’s pronanly gonna happen here.

There’s also a spell by eclipsa mother that details how to destroy any type of crystal, especially romobous’s.

So I think that’s also coming into play this season. Either way a lot is going to happen and it should be pretty good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Im weirdly more curious on whether or not Nachos stays in Marco’s world or not...and if Eclipsa’s husband ends up doing evil things near the end of the season
PlayStation Direct boys.
Sony always trying to do something Nintendo does

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ivander

Smash Legend

If this movie doesn't break the "Video Game Movies Suck" curse then nothing will.
As a person with a lot of cats, I can totally relate to that first scene.

Also,
pikachu face 2.png

When the movie comes out, I wonder how many still images of Pikachu's different faces will be taken or found and how many of them will become meme faces.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Noob's fatality is ****ing OD.

EDIT: Shang Tsung is the first DLC character, based on his actor from the movie

Last edited:

Chrono.

Noob's fatality is ****ing OD.

EDIT: Shang Tsung is the first DLC character, based on his actor from the movie
I believe the actor even teased it not too long ago.

Nice, though I was hoping the rumor of him being a secret character might've been true.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I goddamn love the drop-kick to the face. Also, the victory pose where they're standing side-by-side's definitely my personal favorite.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Everyone with a Switch should get Blaster Master Zero 2. It’s onle 10$ there’s no reason not to... unless you never played the first in which case get that one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Everyone with a Switch should get Blaster Master Zero 2. It’s onle 10$ there’s no reason not to... unless you never played the first in which case get that one.
I do have the first one (Shantae was the game's selling point for me) but had some trouble being inspired to continue.

Maybe I'll try going back.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm trying to avoid buying games for a month (I need to do something if I hope to catch up on my massive backlog of games), but once that's done, I'll definitely pick it up.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bruh, Noob Saibot looks really sick.

Between him, Sub-Zero, Jade and Kotal Khan, I got a squad for MK11.

The developers of Cuphead were approached by Microsoft to bring the game to the Switch

I simply can't imagine what else is in store for us in this Nintendo X Microsoft shipping
Just port over the Killer Instinct titles to Switch.

Oh **** I’ve realized something...

....Spider-Ham vs Spider-Pig can finally happen
Spider-Ham would be handing out body bags.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
First downloadable game I'm getting on Switch is gonna be Cuphead. I don't own an X-Box, but I really wanted to play it.

I'd also recommend Strider 2014 for anyone who has a PS4. That game was sick.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I legit was startled by Noob Saibot's Fatality lol. A lot of them in this game actually do that to me since MKX whereas before they weren't that hard to watch.

Game looks great though. Especially the touch-up's done on a lot of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom