• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So... That'd be Persona Q2, wouldn't it? Maybe that's the real reason why we're getting Joker.

Heroes would actually be kind of interesting in Smash and that's exactly why we'll never get them
Literally any EO class would be great to have in Smash. A few examples:
Protector: shield-focused moveset, possible tag team with Mediko
Highlander: spears!
Fafnir: transformation-based moveset with flashy skills
Ronin: stance fighter with a katana
Alchemist: compression shenanigans
Gunner: pew pew
Farmer: holy **** where do i start
Those furries from EOIV: possibility of Sonicfox maining them
Reaper: SCYTHES! SCYTHES!!! SCYTHES!!!!!!!
Landsknecht: people being literally unable to ever pronounce this name

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I nominate Gunner because of the dumb pin.

Also girls in big fluffy coats are underrated.

D

Deleted member

I nominate Gunner because of the dumb pin.

Also girls in big fluffy coats are underrated.
Smash nerd: "Realistic guns will never happen in Smash"
Gunner: *headshots Mario and defaults dance on his corpse*
Ricochet and Point Blank are skills that would simply be too fun to make movesets out of

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is the leak/rumor I was talking about...

Personally, I don't buy that all the characters will be revealed by E3. Unless Ryu Hayabusa is supposed to be revealed after but I doubt it given he's listed before the other two.

And TBH, I believe he's piggybacking off the DQ rumors (now leaks) to get legitimacy. I hate piggyback fakers TBH. They're the most annoying ones.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i s2g if the octopath and bravely cast dont meet up somehow
If you look a the artwork, most Octopath casts fits in each of the Bravely Default outfit lol, except Tressa I guess, she doesn't seen to like Magnolia's outfit...

This would be nice but I doubt it’s real. I could see a lot of announcements but I can’t see f zero coming in any way shape or form.

And the lack of animal crossing makes no sense. Multiple sources were saying the game could release early 2019 and is basically done.

Not to mention no smash announcement or coverage wouldn’t make sense. I could see them announce someone else like how lucas was announced after mewtwo got gameplay for 4.
I don't believe much on first party game announcement either but when it comes to third party games, I can see some happening.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Personally, I don't buy that all the characters will be revealed by E3. Unless Ryu Hayabusa is supposed to be revealed after but I doubt it given he's listed before the other two.

And TBH, I believe he's piggybacking off the DQ rumors (now leaks) to get legitimacy. I hate piggyback fakers TBH. They're the most annoying ones.
Ignoring Steve this would be a great fighter pass

Chrono.

I honestly think no leaks out there are real except this recent one, obviously because it's a datamine.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Smash nerd: "Realistic guns will never happen in Smash"
Gunner: *headshots Mario and defaults dance on his corpse*
Ricochet and Point Blank are skills that would simply be too fun to make movesets out of
Gun-fu is a super cool fighting style I don't think we'll ever see because of the "Think of the children" folk.

Wish we could go back to the days of people selling Robocop action figures to 8 year olds.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If those 4 are true, I can't say I'm too excited.
Same here i'm pretty lukewarm on those characters.
Ignoring Steve this would be a great fighter pass
All of them aren't that exciting to me TBH. DOOM in Smash is also pretty WTF worthy and honestly if they were going for a Rated M character, it should be Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

Of course regardless I don't buy that rumor for what I stated before.

Chrono.

All of them aren't that exciting to me TBH. DOOM in Smash is also pretty WTF worthy and honestly if they were going for a Rated M character, it should be Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

On the flip side.

I would totally be down for Doomguy in MK11.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

The only "true hype" dudes of this list are Doomguy and Ryu H so they could save them for last.

Goku with sword on next Direct

Steve at the beginning of E3
Doomguy at the end, so people can get distracted from the inevitable ****storm of having Minecraft in Smash

Then we murder each other for the rest of the summer until they reveal Ryu Hayabusa in October.

In December Sakurai announces Season 2 while doing more sad jokes about his job never ending.

Here's your 2019 schedule.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Same here i'm pretty lukewarm on those characters.

Erdrick is the only believable character in this “leak”.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On the flip side.

I would totally be down for Doomguy in MK11.
Yeah same. He'd be a great fit for MK.

Speaking of which, I almost overlooked the fact that we're only two weeks away from the MK11 Community Reveal. Meaning we're likely to get a bunch of character reveals at that event and some more storyline details. Maybe even some more destroyed arenas like the ruined MK1 Courtyard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
MK11's guest apperances were pretty dope. MK9 had Kreuger, and MKX had Jason, so MK11 may bring big Michael Myers into the scene.

After all, Halloween did get a revival recently.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
That's a pretty short list, there's way more than that that would be pretty cool.

Survivalist/Sniper: actual bow users where the bow isn't relegated to just a single move
Troubadour: just smack people on the head with their lute or something, I guess
Dark Hunter: because whips, and because you can get all the **** you like past the radar with these guys
Imperials: swords so big they can out-range Shulk without needing a beam on the end of it
Masurao: because I want to see what wielding four swords at once looks like in 3D
Ninja: create duplicates of yourself, then blow them up to one-shot every eldritch demon god in the universe out of existence at once because someone thought an attack that deals up to 25,000% damage was fair and balanced

I could do these all day.

oh man plz, I really want Persona Q2
Just get pretty much any Etrian Odyssey game, it's the same thing but better as far as the gameplay goes.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Erdrick is the only believable character in this “leak”.
True that. Although I believe Steve is likely and Ryu Hayabusa is in the realm of possibility. DOOM is just completely wack.
The only "true hype" dudes of this list are Doomguy and Ryu H so they could save them for last.

Goku with sword on next Direct

Steve at the beginning of E3
Doomguy at the end, so people can get distracted from the inevitable ****storm of having Minecraft in Smash

Then we murder each other for the rest of the summer until they reveal Ryu Hayabusa in October.

In December Sakurai announces Season 2 while doing more sad jokes about his job never ending.

Here's your 2019 schedule.
Would there honestly be that much of a backlash for Steve in Smash? I mean don't get me wrong that idea doesn't sit well with me and i'm always #TeamBanjo but like honestly...how much of a backlash would Microsoft/Nintendo would get from that?

And as for Season 2, i'm like 70-30 that it doesn't happen. Or rather Sakurai calls it a day after the Fighter Pass and that's the end of Smash Ultimate DLC. Alternatively, he could let his team handle the project but from interviews he's given, I don't think he's willing to do that.
MK11's guest apperances were pretty dope. MK9 had Kreuger, and MKX had Jason, so MK11 may bring big Michael Myers into the scene.

After all, Halloween did get a revival recently.
I think both Myers and Pennywise are happening in the first Kombat Pack along with Ash Williams in the second. And hopefully some other non-horror guest characters because there should be more than just that. Like maybe some Rated M characters from other games.
I disagree because I very much do not like Mortal Kombat.
It's a fun game tho. With a really interesting lore.

Though I can see why it's not for everyone.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
True that. Although I believe Steve is likely and Ryu Hayabusa is in the realm of possibility. DOOM is just completely wack.

Would there honestly be that much of a backlash for Steve in Smash? I mean don't get me wrong that idea doesn't sit well with me and i'm always #TeamBanjo but like honestly...how much of a backlash would Microsoft/Nintendo would get from that?

And as for Season 2, i'm like 70-30 that it doesn't happen. Or rather Sakurai calls it a day after the Fighter Pass and that's the end of Smash Ultimate DLC. Alternatively, he could let his team handle the project but from interviews he's given, I don't think he's willing to do that.

I think both Myers and Pennywise are happening in the first Kombat Pack along with Ash Williams in the second. And hopefully some other non-horror guest characters because there should be more than just that. Like maybe some Rated M characters from other games.

I want Doomguy in Smash so I can beat the **** out of the cute characters and **** Mario up with a chainsaw.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I disagree because I very much do not like Mortal Kombat.
Geez, how uncool can one person be?

Yeah, I definitely believe that we are going to get Pennywise for sure as a guest. I am interested to seeing his potential moveset.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want Doomguy in Smash so I can beat the **** out of the cute characters and **** Mario up with a chainsaw.
Didn't you say you didn't like MK for it's violence? Now you're saying you want to **** up Mario with a chainsaw lol.

Although I guess in your defense said depiction in Smash would be toned down without blood and stuff.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

It's not like a complete anger apocalypse as the Minecraft hate mellowed out, but for sure it is going to get backlash: kids bullied, a dude trying to make news asking Nintendo a refund for the pass, you know, stuff that will cause this community to get even more mocked.

Im in the 70% camp. Specially if the sentiment of the DLC being unhype grows as they had the best chance to add Phoenix, Layton, Bandana Dee, Banjo etc. but they chose to gamble with unexpected choices for the shock factor.

Considering the Switch smells like a long lifespan console. Nintendo can ask Sakurai to do more DLC as the workload probably is lighter for him.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I dont think Im ready to see Villager get Curbstomped yet, hun
Well... fair enough I guess.

Geez, how uncool can one person be?
If I’m uncool, what does that say about you for liking me so much?
Didn't you say you didn't like MK for it's violence? Now you're saying you want to **** up Mario with a chainsaw lol.

Although I guess in your defense said depiction in Smash would be toned down without blood and stuff.
I’m not a fan of the fatalities, Mortal Kombat is unnecessarily gorey.

Just play Corrin lol.
But Corrin is lame.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hey guys back from the dead to say

i dont think that leaks real mostly because it said star allies would get more dlc revealed in the direct.....that games kinda done now in regards to dlc

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not like a complete anger apocalypse as the Minecraft hate mellowed out, but for sure it is going to get backlash: kids bullied, a dude trying to make news asking Nintendo a refund for the pass, you know, stuff that will cause this community to get even more mocked.

Im in the 70% camp. Specially if the sentiment of the DLC being unhype grows as they had the best chance to add Phoenix, Layton, Bandana Dee, Banjo etc. but they chose to gamble with unexpected choices for the shock factor.

Considering the Switch smells like a long lifespan console. Nintendo can ask Sakurai to do more DLC as the workload probably is lighter for him.
Yeah I don't doubt there will be some kind of backlash but it's nothing compared to what people might think it'll be. Within a week or so you'll have people left and right defending Steve and suddenly anything negative about the character will be blasphemy.

I just think Sakurai is going to want to take a break and work on a new project. And he's the type to not let development continue if he's not the director as hinted in some of his Famitsu interviews. Hopefully i'm wrong on that account.
I’m not a fan of the fatalities, Mortal Kombat is unnecessarily gorey.
Well if it was in Smash it'd be toned down as well y'know.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
but its already like that
To a lesser extent yes but when the reveal actually happens then people come out full force to vigorously defend whatever character and lunge insults at whoever levies any kind of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom