• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Tbh I was thinking if there was a Belmont echo it would be Trevor

Since he was the other Belmont from the NES days, and he's in the Anime IIRC? Also he was Iga's favorite but I guess that doesn't count for much anymore.

but I'm hype for Richter anyway.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So Richter is kinda hot. I might just have to main him.

I’m a little disappointed that Simon isn’t in his barbarian look but whatever he looks like he was pulled right off the Castlevania 2 box art.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I certainly hope the Monster Hunter stage happens, especially if it brings that delicious Monster Hunter music. I don't think a Monster Hunter character may be playable, as I think they would've shown the Monster Hunter first before Rathalos, but hey, if they still happen, I'll be pretty frickin' excited! Just seeing Monster Hunter get any acknowledgement in Smash is a win in my book.
The Great Maccaos theme would make a great song

D

Deleted member

Also, forgot to mention that they sure didn't skimp out on the CV stage or soundtrack. That's really awesome to see them give love to the series.

I'm so hyped that at this point to beat these hype levels they'd have to do something completely unpredictable like put Master Chief in or some crazy ****.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dude, is that Simon's Super Castlevania IV outfit?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just saw we get like 36 Street Fighter tracks.

We Jazzy NYC now?

And for any of the uncultured Swine, understand that we FINALLY have CENTRAL HIGHWAY!!! I'm honestly hype about that almost as much as the characters. Too bad we didn't get a look at the number of Mega Man songs.

D

Deleted member

I think the new hidden mode will definitely be a new Subspace Emissary!
I loved this direct. A lot better than I thought.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

I’m a little disappointed that Simon isn’t in his barbarian look but whatever he looks like he was pulled right off the Castlevania 2 box art.
I will admit that Richter is a looker. He looks like if Ike was a vampire hunter

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Actually I’m not leaving.

Sakurai said we would have all the new characters revealed so I think in October we will get another direct that will show off Subspace Emissary 2 and probably the rest of the newcomers and Echo Fighters.
Prob November if I were to guess.

Gonna go out on a limb and say there's only 3 more unique newcomers and 2-4 more Echo's left. One newcomer trailer in the General Direct in September most likely and the other two in the Final November Smash Direct.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Richter is from Rondo of Blood/Dracula X Chronicles/Symphony of the Night. He's basically the 2nd most popular Belmont after Simon. So pretty dang cool to see him. And yes, 34 Castlevania tracks is awesome! And i practically was screaming at some of them.
-Iron Blue Intention, Pitch Black Incursion, Twilight Stigmata(An Empty Tome), Jet Black Wings(Ebony Wings)
YES! YES! :love:
-Awake!
OMG! They acknowledged Circle of the Moon and the best song from that game! :eek::love::crazy:
-Go Getsu Fuma!
They acknowledged Getsu Fuma too?! OMG! :bluejump:

I certainly hope the Monster Hunter stage happens, especially if it brings that delicious Monster Hunter music. I don't think a Monster Hunter character may be playable, as I think they would've shown the Monster Hunter first before Rathalos, but hey, if they still happen, I'll be pretty frickin' excited! Just seeing Monster Hunter get any acknowledgement in Smash is a win in my book.
I think we're definitely getting a stage for Monster Hunter at least.

That's looks like Ancestral Steppes from MH4:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dude, that IS Barbarian Simon. Unless you meant the red headed one. Ritcher's a cool dude, he has to be if he's got a headband. But don't let your boner decide who you main. Follow your heart and all that after school special ****.

Dude, is that Simon's Super Castlevania IV outfit?
Cool.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm glad Rool's here. He played exactly how I thought he would...just with some weird belly thing.

What I didn't find clear is whether Chrom was an echo of :ultmarth: or :ultike: .

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
With that area where you see the Rathalos, I'm betting it'll be in the Adventure/Subspace mode. I hope this time around it'll have levels inspired in both design and aesthetic to the game worlds of the characters. And maybe trim how long it is, subspace was pretty long, and ate up dev time. Something a little more like Adventure mode would personally be up my alley. But I dig the character interactions. Wouldn't mind seeing Mega Man and Pac-Man be bros. I live for that ****.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So GameXplain posted the music portion of the Direct and I wanted to check something out.

This may not be definitive but

Final Fantasy seems to just have two songs still.

On the flip side, Street Fighter...

Has a whopping 36 tracks to choose from now.
Now I’m skeptical on Geno.

If this is true it implies square is still being tough.

But at the same time Konami of all companies has 3 reps. And Geno only really needs forest maze and a stage. So he could still happen. I honestly think Sakurai could definitely have pushed for Geno too though and gotten him.

K rool being in helps imo as it shows we are getting all the fan service possible. So Geno fills that role really well too.
And he’s not an assist so only time will tell

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Prob November if I were to guess.

Gonna go out on a limb and say there's only 3 more unique newcomers and 2-4 more Echo's left. One newcomer trailer in the General Direct in September most likely and the other two in the Final November Smash Direct.
I’m thinking Geno and Elma as new and atleast Shadow for an Echo.

If we get a new pokemon I hope it’s Buzzwole.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What I didn't find clear is whether Chrom was an echo of :ultmarth: or :ultike: .
It's neither, funnily enough, he's actually a Roy echo. I was confused at first too, since I thought I saw him use Ike's up+B at one point, but the Smash site says Roy. I guess it kind of makes sense? Since Chrom is a descendant of Marth, but doesn't fight exactly like him, and probably wasn't a good fit for Ike either.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's neither, funnily enough, he's actually a Roy echo. I was confused at first too, since I thought I saw him use Ike's up+B at one point, but the Smash site says Roy. I guess it kind of makes sense? Since Chrom is a descendant of Marth, but doesn't fight exactly like him, and probably wasn't a good fit for Ike either.
The character video for Chrom also has his attack with his sword the same odd way Roy does.

D

Deleted member

You're definitely thinking of the wrong look. This one is Barbarian/Conan Simon. The Simon's quest boxart one is the more knightly looking Simon.

Ritcher is my favorite though. If only he had his long hair SotN appearance as an alt though. Still it makes since to have him as the echo considering that he has the best moves for a smash moveset and Simon uses Ritcher's moves. Since Simon's the most basic of the Belmonts TBH. So I knew he'd either be even more simple or borrow from another Belmont.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Holy cow what a Direct!
Sakurai, I love you.
  • Simon’s (and Ritcher’s) trailer was fantastic. I take it brutal character deaths are going to be a thing for Smash trailers this time?
  • That Castlevania stage looks in-sane. So much attention to detail.
  • Over 100 stages! Though I noticed Pac-Maze was missing on the stage select, that kind of sucks. But Fountain of Dreams is back so all is right.
  • So many options...
  • That Stage Morph more looks like an absolute blast, hopefully that will be online.
  • Classic Mode doesn’t suck this time.
  • Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy! Hopefully Shantae will make some sort of appearance as well.
  • KING. K. ROOL IS IN SMASH, and his reveal was absolutely glorious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He's an echo of both Roy and Ike. His Up-B is Aether.

He used Chrom to show that echo fighters aren't always 100% based off one fighter.

He takes more from Roy though and will probably go over his slot.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You're definitely thinking of the wrong look. This one is Barbarian/Conan Simon. The Simon's quest boxart one is the more knightly looking Simon.

Ritcher is my favorite though. If only he had his long hair SotN appearance as an alt though. Still it makes since to have him as the echo considering that he has the best moves for a smash moveset and Simon uses Ritcher's moves. Since Simon's the most basic of the Belmonts TBH. So I knew he'd either be even more simple or borrow from another Belmont.
I always considered the red haired Simon as the barbarian look honestly. lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think we're definitely getting a stage for Monster Hunter at least.

That's looks like Ancestral Steppes from MH4:

That is definitely Ancestral Steppes! The only reason I'm not quite banking on it as a stage is that so far, it's only been shown for the Rathalos boss fight. We don't know if it's going to be a stage or not, as it could just be a Boss stage for Rathalos only. I mean, so far, it's a big field of nothing aside from Rathalos.
But that being said, I am not surprised they chose Ancestral Steppes as the area for Rathalos due to Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS and that game being one of the most selling MH games and the most popular one since the PSP games.

D

Deleted member

I always considered the red haired Simon as the barbarian look honestly. lol
I mean, that's my preferred look for him too TBH. But it's fine as one Simon's awesome regardless, and two is that we have Ritcher.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think that is 100% Ancestral Steppes. Great Maccao only showed up in Jurassic Frontier, right?
Yep, it first debuted in Monster Hunter Generations, though he could still appear in the stage as a cameo as Smash doesn't mind throwing in future references. Though that makes me wonder...

Do you think we'll get our favorite quest ruining pickle monster?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I noticed how we still don’t have a Final Fantasy assist trophy.

That is definitely Ancestral Steppes! The only reason I'm not quite banking on it as a stage is that so far, it's only been shown for the Rathalos boss fight. We don't know if it's going to be a stage or not, as it could just be a Boss stage for Rathalos only. I mean, so far, it's a big field of nothing aside from Rathalos.
But that being said, I am not surprised they chose Ancestral Steppes as the area for Rathalos due to Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS and that game being one of the most selling MH games and the most popular one since the PSP games.
It doesn’t look like a stage to me. It looks like a level from adventure mode.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yep, it first debuted in Monster Hunter Generations, though he could still appear in the stage as a cameo as Smash doesn't mind throwing in future references. Though that makes me wonder...

i just hope Maccaos theme will play. I would activly search him out in MH just to listen to him theme

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yep, it first debuted in Monster Hunter Generations,

Ancestral Steppes actually first appeared in Monster Hunter 4.

And while I would love a chance to Falcon/Warlock Punch the death pickle's ugly chin of his, I'm great with the mascot monster of the series appearing in Smash.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Ok, ok.... let me be honest with you all: K. Rool came completely out of nowhere for me... he really did. Among the other fighters I saw in the Direct, I didn't think he'd just appear like that, but here we are now...

I'm just glad we have him now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's definitely possible, particularly since they didn't really talk about the area in-depth and it's heavily implied we're getting an Adventure Mode of some sort. Monster Hunter also lends well to the idea since the primary focus is on the Monsters and they'd work as bosses. With that said though, I don't think it being a wide open field hurts its chances of being a regular stage as we have had flat stages with some hazards thrown in before such as Bridge of Eldin. It also would be unique as a field hasn't been used across Smash's history, so going with the plains (which is used throughout the series) would be a possible choice for it to stand out.

Personally though, I'm hoping it's a stage. It being a stage means that Monster Hunter is bound to get some music, and I'd love to hear Lagiacrus', Gore/Shagaru Magala's, Zinogre's, the Ancestral Steppes theme, and all of the other tracks in Smash.

Ancestral Steppes actually first appeared in Monster Hunter 4.
I was talking about the Great Maccao.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now I have a reason to finish Super Castlevania IV on my SNES Classic Edition.

I still can't believe how depressingly dark the Castlevania trailer was.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My prediction on the remaining roster:
Incenroar
Elma
Bandanna Dee
Geno
A retro
Chorus kids
Shadow
Isabelle
Some other left field echo or echos.

Actually....

What if we get excitebiker as our retro with a Mach rider echo?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Now I have a reason to finish Super Castlevania IV on my SNES Classic Edition

I still can't believe how depressingly dark the Castlevania trailer was.
I ****ing love it, and I like how they unnecessarily teased Kid Dracula too. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom