• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We're in uncharted territory for Pokemon. With Brawl and Smash 4, their respective Pokemon games were at the end of development when production began (and both were released a few months after the first public Smash trailer). Designs were finalized, GameFreak already had their marketing strategies planned out. They knew which Pokemon they were gonna push, which they expected would be popular. And the next Pokemon game, in both cases, didn't launch for another two years after Smash came out. Timing wise, it worked out perfectly in Lucario and Greninja's favor.

That's not the case this time. Sun and Moon will be old hat by the time Smash 4 comes out, with the new game right around the corner, but it's likely that even if Sakurai asked GameFreak for a mon from the new games, they wouldn't even have one to give him soon enough. And if Sakurai instead looks back at Sun and Moon to see which mons popular, frankly, I can see him coming to the conclusion that NONE of the Sun/Moon Pokemon need to be in, because none of them have lit the fandom on fire the way Lucario or Greninja did. I actually think it's a bit naive to just assume we'll 100% get a new Pokemon this time around.
Greninja was the opposite of Lucario though. It was Sakurai's decision to use it that made GF push him so hard.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
X and Y came out one year after Smash 4's roster was decided.
Generation VIII is coming out two years after this roster was decided, at the earliest. Possibly three.

People take the wrong lessons away from Zoroark/Greninja. Generation VIII wouldn't be a Greninja situation. Something like Spring Man or Rex and Pyra would be.
An alolan pokemon totally is the only viable option if they evenadd a new pokemon rep. I don’t know why they’d think otherwise.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only way I could see us getting a Gen 8 Pokemon is if they just decide to show all of the starters' evolutions right from the get-go.

I find it very hard to believe they'd do that, which leads me to believe Gen 8 will be DLC at best.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Greninja was the opposite of Lucario though. It was Sakurai's decision to use it that made GF push him so hard.
Sakurai probably helped but I think greninja was getting pushed with or without Sakurai. They knew what they were doing with it and the anime sets this up. That was already filled with its basic structure and cast if I had to guess. I think greninja was going to be the ace beforehand. The anime creators wanted to push it harder though and asked game freak to make Ash greninja according to the director.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Another thing I forgot to add is that I wouldn't 100% compare Smash Wii U with Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire despite releasing the same year because ΩR/αS we mid-gen games rather than the start like X & Y.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The only way I could see us getting a Gen 8 Pokemon is if they just decide to show all of the starters' evolutions right from the get-go.

I find it very hard to believe they'd do that, which leads me to believe Gen 8 will be DLC at best.
Everything is DLC.

Smash Switch will be F2P with only Mario, Link and Inkling as starting characters.

Unlock the rest via lootboxes or buying 5 character packs for $30.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Even as DLC gen 8 seems unlikely: all of gen 6 and 7 and has November releases iirc. Assuming they follow this trend they seem to be on, gen 8 would also release then. By that time smash DLC will probably be unless they decide to actively support it through the lifetime of the switch. But I don’t Nintendo will do that like some have theorized. And Pokémon could release anytime in 2019 but if it does it will like be a holiday title as they make big bucks that way. Which would make November or even December way more likely for a release imo. Therefore putting it way past smash’d time most likely.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Do you think having both Pokémon and Smash Bros. release this year during the same shopping season (not the same launch day), is feasible? I feel they'd cannibalize the sales of each other, and I know which one out of the two will end up being victorious. In 2014, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire launched on the same day Smash Bros. came out for Wii U, but let's keep in mind these were separate releases for two different systems. Now, they'd be launching on only one system.

I'd ironically browse through /v/ more than that.
Pokémon ORAS and Smash for 3DS released within two months of each other as well and it didn't effect either game. Additionally, the Switch had multiple big games release within a month of each other such as Splatoon 2 and ARMs, and yet one didn't cannibalize the other (in fact, it's quite the opposite as most of them are enjoying a huge amount of success right now).

As long as Smash and Pokémon don't release within the same month, it shouldn't be a problem. Nintendo seems to know what they're doing, and the intent seems to be to have two mega franchises release within the year to guarantee a high amount of Switch systems moved.

Personally I think if any gen 7 mon is in, it's Incenroar. USUM wasn't a thought Sakurai had most likely when making the roste so he probably didn't know or focus on Lycanrock's upcoming pushes a year later.

I also can't see Sakurai passing up on a literal Heel Wrestler that fits a fighting game perfectly. With Decidueye in Pokken I think he will want to take a different route and do something different flr Sun and Moon in Smash if he decides to add something from there.

Due to that I say Incineroar would be most likely. Especially since its becoming the Ash marketed pokemon.
Eh, Incineroar and Lycanroc were honestly pushed around the same time. Both (well Midnight) were in the movie that came out in July, and the anime was building up to Ash's Lycanroc's debut during that time as well as it gave Rockruff an arc and appearances with both forms. If Sakurai was looking at promotion months in advance, then Incineroar and Lycanroc would likely fall into the same period.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Everything is DLC.

Smash Switch will be F2P with only Mario, Link and Inkling as starting characters.

Unlock the rest via lootboxes or buying 5 character packs for $30.

100 percent real leak right here guys! My ex wife’s husband works for Nintendo! Better rev up those wallets!
:p

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Even as DLC gen 8 seems unlikely: all of gen 6 and 7 and has November releases iirc. Assuming they follow this trend they seem to be on, gen 8 would also release then. By that time smash DLC will probably be unless they decide to actively support it through the lifetime of the switch. But I don’t Nintendo will do that like some have theorized. And Pokémon could release anytime in 2019 but if it does it will like be a holiday title as they make big bucks that way. Which would make November or even December way more likely for a release imo. Therefore putting it way past smash’d time most likely.
Smash 4's final DLC was 16 months after it first released.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai probably helped but I think greninja was getting pushed with or without Sakurai. They knew what they were doing with it and the anime sets this up. That was already filled with its basic structure and cast if I had to guess. I think greninja was going to be the ace beforehand. The anime creators wanted to push it harder though and asked game freak to make Ash greninja according to the director.
It's literally impossible because Sakurai chose Greninja from concept art, he said it didn't have anything(whuch means moves/abilities) aside from the art he got.
Which means Sakurai nasically created most of Greninja's abilities(like Water Shuriken) and GF figured out it was best to promote rhe Pokemon that'd appear in a super hyped up crossover.
The anime would only be conceptualized later.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally I don't understand people who ask for characters they know nothing about.
Like those that ask for Gen VIII Pokemon, or an FE Switch Character....

This is why I can't get behind characters like Sylux as the 'new Metroid character' because it hasn't made that much of an impact outside of being 1 of 6 hunters in a relatively niche side game...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Another video finished. Trust me, you'll want to check out this one.

Just so I don't have to repeat myself I'll post here what I posted on youtube.

Hmmm, I doubt Rex & Pyra, the same thing for Springman also applies to them. Also sad to see you have no new IPs not in Smash on here, I know its probably a coincidence, but what of like to have seen if you had any thoughts on any other possible 1st parties not in Smash that would have a chance, though for me the most obvious 1st party not in Smash for me is Pushmo, cause it has a good number of games.

And one thing I would love to see on your less safe list, is well Dillion and basically the Style Savvy main character, cause funnily enough they both fall in the timeline for new series with multiple games recent enough releases to fall with in Sakurai's radar.

Though I doubt you'd have Savvy Stylist on there, cause I doubt you played it, you don't seem like the type who would have., even though I think you would agree she would be like Wii Fit Trainer in that she's off most people's radar but could have a interesting and fun moveset potential.

Also one of my unsafe predictions for Smash Switch, is The Toad, not Capt Toad, The Toad, with a NSBW and 3D World based moveset, cause with that stuff he actually has a Mario gameplay style he can use, without trending into Peach's territory.

Also, if any of you go to the video at look at my account and try to interact with it, I won't respond, that channel is my personal channel mainly for stuff I subscribe to.

And? We know Sakurai left a spot open for an XY Pokemon back then because he knew it was coming. GF has enough foresight of their own production to know that Gen VII would be irrelevant by the time Smash comes out.
I feel like Zoroark taught us nothing :/
Tell us the truth Shishoe, you still Zoroark, don't you?

Its okay, you can let it all out, just let out all your pain and surffering from the lack of Zoroark in Smash.

I know your pain, because Pichu was cut.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man.

Thor does look way better with short hair.
It's because Hemsworth looks more like himself.

We're naturally more attracted or find a person to look better when they're being true to themselves.

And since we all know Hemsworth doesn't rock the full Fabio hair in between Thor sequels.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So when does the investor news come out?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Personally I don't understand people who ask for characters they know nothing about.
Like those that ask for Gen VIII Pokemon, or an FE Switch Character....

This is why I can't get behind characters like Sylux as the 'new Metroid character' because it hasn't made that much of an impact outside of being 1 of 6 hunters in a relatively niche side game...
You could ask for a character from the most recent release, but maybe you don't like any of them, so you'd rather hedge your bets and hope you'll like one from the next release.

Do you take the prize money, or do you want to see what's behind door number 3?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also for the four or so people this is relevant toward, I'll likely have time tomorrow to finish my character sheet. :p

D

Deleted member

Do you take the prize money, or do you want to see what's behind door number 3?
Mathematically speaking, you should change your choice.
No, wait, wrong problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Talks of this is exactly why I NEVER try to predict which new Pokémon will join Smash.

It's either too unpredictable, overcomplicated, or both.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wait, why did you tagged me if you already quoted my post?
I didn't see your post before I tagged it.

And bruh, your reply isn't relevant as well lol.

As usual, once I got all party members I am gonna grind for the NG+ rare Blades, and other stuff.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

When do I talk about FGO though? :p
When you talk to Shishoe, that's when :p

You think that hellspawn loli in your avi crawled out of some unlocalised eroge visual novel?

Because that's what tsunderes do
You know what I can't be bothered with this. Somebody else shot him.

I can confirm that it is.

A "van request"-tier Zeb typo, in fact :p
van request? I don't think I was here for that. But thanks for making it official.

Starlight_Lily

Well it's like 10PM here in Toronto lol. So it's pretty much nearing the end of the day.
End of the day as in where its being held, so Japan.

Also @Shishœ you still haven't opened up about your pain of no Zoroark in Smash, believe you'll feel better, and that way I won't feel bad about shooting you again.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
End of the day as in where its being held, so Japan.

Also @Shishœ you still haven't opened up about your pain of no Zoroark in Smash, believe you'll feel better, and that way I won't feel bad about shooting you again.
Oh crap I thought the Investor Meeting would be held in the day time (like before the Evening).

Ah well. Looks like I won't see anything until tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom