• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I don't understand.
I've already raised so many death flags, why am I still alive?

The luck of the universe is working oddly in my favor.
pretty much, the only reason ya still alive is because you weren't part of either tpks

rng doesn't run on death flags, it works in mysterious ways

either way, you and praline are the only survivors who escaped the campaign, whole game is pretty much dead at this point (can continue but after those two weeks its really hard to come back from) meaning you two get to go back to where you came from and live happy lives away from the corrupted nintenzone estate, congratulations~
This game is inaccurate to real life.
It's finals week, I should be irrationally stressed.
think of it this way

you are irrationally stressed from finals and studies
but in the face of jaw dropping abomination evils, your cool headed and adjusted rather decent and gutted them

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh look what I came across from a few days ago:

Don't know if it was posted here before but I don't remember. Either way its not that shocking. Its neat to see how this came together though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I always like checking out Del's videos. Maybe I should pick up this Youtube thing sometime.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
pretty much, the only reason ya still alive is because you weren't part of either tpks

rng doesn't run on death flags, it works in mysterious ways

either way, you and praline are the only survivors who escaped the campaign, whole game is pretty much dead at this point (can continue but after those two weeks its really hard to come back from) meaning you two get to go back to where you came from and live happy lives away from the corrupted nintenzone estate, congratulations~
Oh, cool, I really didn't expect to make it all the way.
I guess I'll build a house on some abandoned field somewhere.
The Disco Plains are too expensive, so I think I'll set up on the Smash 4 Social Hills 7.0.

Chrono.

Oh look what I came across from a few days ago:

Don't know if it was posted here before but I don't remember. Either way its not that shocking. Its neat to see how this came together though.
Happy to see the comments took it in good fun.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"The Safe Roster"

*sees Lycanroc*

Personally I think if any gen 7 mon is in, it's Incenroar. USUM wasn't a thought Sakurai had most likely when making the roste so he probably didn't know or focus on Lycanrock's upcoming pushes a year later.

I also can't see Sakurai passing up on a literal Heel Wrestler that fits a fighting game perfectly. With Decidueye in Pokken I think he will want to take a different route and do something different flr Sun and Moon in Smash if he decides to add something from there.

Due to that I say Incineroar would be most likely. Especially since its becoming the Ash marketed pokemon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"The Safe Roster"

*sees Lycanroc*

Safe rosters tend to not even be safe by default because the fandom corrals itself into a very specific pickle-and-onions flavor for their rosters when Sakurai tends to serve everyone sherbet instead.

But yeah just seeing Lycanroc in the preview from here is a bit :4megaman:.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nintendo refuses to give me Smash Brothers news.

Blumhouse is holding back this apparently amazing Halloween (2018) trailer.

Nobody loves me & wants me to have anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No specific SM Pokemon is safe. Hell, it's not even safe to assume a SM is gonna be in with Gen 8 just waiting to be revealed.
"Oh but we haven't even seen it"
GameFreak isn't dumb, they'd tell Sakurai they have this brand new game coming and send him concept art for him to choose one lucky 'Mon like last time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No specific SM Pokemon is safe. Hell, it's not even safe to assume a SM is gonna be in with Gen 8 just waiting to be revealed.
GameFreak isn't dumb, they'd tell Sakurai they have this brand new game coming and send him concept art for him to choose one lucky 'Mon like last time.
Smash is coming out this year. I'm convinced Gen VIII won't be a thing until 2019.

There's no way in hell they'd let a Pokémon debut in Smash instead of a Pokémon game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally decided to claim a big prize from Dave & Buster's tonight. After collecting +19,000 I picked up Super Lucky's Tale for Xbox One (which was 12,500 tickets)

Even with +6,500 tickets remaining, there's still some nice stuff I might grab in the unknown future.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Smash is coming out this year. I'm convinced Gen VIII won't be a thing until 2019.

There's no way in hell they'd let a Pokémon debut in Smash instead of a Pokémon game.
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's unlikely, yeah.

We have seen new Pokemon debut outside of a main title (or anime) before. Like Bonsly in Pokemon XD or Munchlax in Pokemon Dash. But these are also Pokemon spinoffs and not something outside of it like Smash would be.

This actually reminds me of when GF used to show new Pokemon waaaay earlier. Like Bonsly and Munchlax were shown years before DP, Donphan in the first movie... Hell, Ho-oh in the very first episode of the anime. They haven't done that in years though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You underestimate the power of advertisement.

Also, that's
>Assuming Pokemon comes out next year
>Assuming a Pokemon won't debut in Smash
>Assuming GF won't advertise their new game and instead put in from a past Gen
It's a whole lot of assumptions, pardner

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You say that like it's a bad thing. Pokemon make their debut outside of the games all the time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's unlikely, yeah.

We have seen new Pokemon debut outside of a main title (or anime) before. Like Bonsly in Pokemon XD or Munchlax in Pokemon Dash. But these are also Pokemon spinoffs and not something outside of it like Smash would be.

This actually reminds me of when GF used to show new Pokemon waaaay earlier. Like Bonsly and Munchlax were shown years before DP, Donphan in the first movie... Hell, Ho-oh in the very first episode of the anime.
But like you mentioned, at the end of the day those are all still Pokémon things that GameFreak has direct control over.

Plus the roster was decided in 2016 anyway, when Gen VII was still brand new.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Pokemon make their debut outside of the games all the time.
But at the end of the day they still debut in Pokémon media. Smash isn't Pokémon.
You underestimate the power of advertisement.

Also, that's
>Assuming Pokemon comes out next year
>Assuming a Pokemon won't debut in Smash
>Assuming GF won't advertise their new game and instead put in from a past Gen
It's a whole lot of assumptions, pardner
Gen VIII's best shot is DLC. The timeline for development absolutely doesn't line up with Gen VIII.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo refuses to give me Smash Brothers news.

Blumhouse is holding back this apparently amazing Halloween (2018) trailer.

Nobody loves me & wants me to have anything.

Imagine if Nintendo just causally drops a smash trailer at he investors meeting...

fully agree with this. The initial roster was likely decided in 2016 when initial work started for the game. Gamefreak having finalized designs for a game two to 3 years away seems unlikely. So it’s gen 7 or bust. Regardless we may get Pokémon switch with it’s release year at the investors meeting tonight. So we can get a full idea then.

D

Deleted member

And? We know Sakurai left a spot open for an XY Pokemon back then because he knew it was coming. GF has enough foresight of their own production to know that Gen VII would be irrelevant by the time Smash comes out.
I feel like Zoroark taught us nothing :/

D

Deleted member

Do you think having both Pokémon and Smash Bros. release this year during the same shopping season (not the same launch day), is feasible? I feel they'd cannibalize the sales of each other, and I know which one out of the two will end up being victorious. In 2014, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire launched on the same day Smash Bros. came out for Wii U, but let's keep in mind these were separate releases for two different systems. Now, they'd be launching on only one system.

All you need to know.
I'd ironically browse through /v/ more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And? We know Sakurai left a spot open for an XY Pokemon back then because he knew it was coming. GF has enough foresight of their own production to know that Gen VII would be irrelevant by the time Smash comes out.
I feel like Zoroark taught us nothing :/
X and Y came out one year after Smash 4's roster was decided.
Generation VIII is coming out two years after this roster was decided, at the earliest. Possibly three.

People take the wrong lessons away from Zoroark/Greninja. Generation VIII wouldn't be a Greninja situation. Something like Spring Man or Rex and Pyra would be.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
But like you mentioned, at the end of the day those are all still Pokémon things that GameFreak has direct control over.

To be fair, we know that GF conceptualizes their new generations around the time the previous generation starts. XY started development sometime around BW's release while SM started development around XY's release (remember the Strange Souvenir?). Theoretically it wouldn't be unlikely that Pokémon Switch would've started development around the time SM was released, particularly since we know Ohmura basically did the trials and other tweaks himself since the programmers were away on another project, thus allowing for concepts to potentially be used for Smash if Sakurai came to GF/TCPi to discuss new content.

Personally, I'm of the mindset that Pokémon Switch will at least try to hit 2018 since a lot of information coming out around the game seems to imply it, so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. I do think it's unlikely to get a new character, but it's not something I'd put in the impossible category.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
We're in uncharted territory for Pokemon. With Brawl and Smash 4, their respective Pokemon games were at the end of development when production began (and both were released a few months after the first public Smash trailer). Designs were finalized, GameFreak already had their marketing strategies planned out. They knew which Pokemon they were gonna push, which they expected would be popular. And the next Pokemon game, in both cases, didn't launch for another two years after Smash came out. Timing wise, it worked out perfectly in Lucario and Greninja's favor.

That's not the case this time. Sun and Moon will be old hat by the time Smash 4 comes out, with the new game right around the corner, but it's likely that even if Sakurai asked GameFreak for a mon from the new games, they wouldn't even have one to give him soon enough. And if Sakurai instead looks back at Sun and Moon to see which mons popular, frankly, I can see him coming to the conclusion that NONE of the Sun/Moon Pokemon need to be in, because none of them have lit the fandom on fire the way Lucario or Greninja did. I actually think it's a bit naive to just assume we'll 100% get a new Pokemon this time around.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you think having both Pokémon and Smash Bros. release this year during the same shopping season (not the same launch day), is feasible? I feel they'd cannibalize the sales of each other, and I know which one out of the two will end up being victorious. In 2014, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire launched on the same day Smash Bros. came out for Wii U, but let's keep in mind these were separate releases for two different systems. Now, they'd be launching on only one system.

It’s feasible but with no word this late into the year I doubt Pokémon is coming. I think it’s been silently delayed because game freak doesnt have the man power to pump out a well polished game fast. Look at XY for example. It was pretty barebones, low Pokémon number, almost no story really outside of the only memorable and efforted scene being the war flashback and ending. They focused way to much on their gimmick( I still like and would love new Megas though). Lots of unused areas that seem like they could have been fleshed out and added. Honestly it was a pretty bad start to the 3ds era. I think game freak just have really hard times working with new software and the switch is probably giving them a run for their money. So I don’t think it’s comjng out this year anymore. Even though it would do fine if smash released earlier in the year as they wouldn’t hurt each other. I still have low hope that the plus and minus rumor had some truth and that’s GF were given early switch access because Nintendo knew they would need the time to learn and experiment with it. That’s kind of unlikely though.
X and Y came out one year after Smash 4's roster was decided.
Generation VIII is coming out two years after this roster was decided, at the earliest. Possibly three.

People take the wrong lessons away from Zoroark/Greninja. Generation VIII wouldn't be a Greninja situation. Something like Spring Man or Rex and Pyra would be.
i still am saddened that zoroark got completely ignored, despite being the mascot for gen five basically. It didn’t even get a mega. Feels bad...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I have some small doubts Pogeymanz will hit this year. One for the reasons you said and the other thing is hearing nothing from Game Freak since E3 2017 (and Pokémon was announced long before Smash was). Plus Zeraora showing up in a movie trailer a couple weeks ago rather than a Gen 8 'Mon and the fact there's a Legendary distrubution for Gen 7 through November convinces me more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom