• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
****ing a clover field PREQULE?! how and why is this happening tonight?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well clearly the summons would have to be situational to a degree. Summoning random characters for the fun of it is a given, although conversely there would also have to be a black list.

To think of an example of potential applications, though, I would probably summon a Lucario and then attempt to find out from it what the emotional states of family members are in order to have a better relationship with them. Not that it's that bad or anything, there's just always room for improvement in that regard, you know?

Naturally private consultation would also be used prior to job interviews when the time comes. :smirk:

Mundane utility that doesn't have a high risk of backfiring horribly just by using it (let's be honest, the more cliche Pokemon answer of Pikachu being used as a living battery is either going to short your stuff or get you seriously hurt) seems like the best use for actually having a reason beyond "why not?"
Blacklist presumably includes villains, Rabbids, and everything from Thumper.

For my part I'd probably just go for someone to chill with. Off the top of my head I legitimately can't think of who, though.

Red, if such a machine existed, it would obviously be a gacha to make people spend more money on it, so getting what you want... yeah...
I mean, I didn't think we were talking about Fire Emblem Heroes right this second, but alright.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would you rather have a Diamond / Pearl remake or a new generation announced in the Switch? Just curious.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Red, if such a machine existed, it would obviously be a gacha to make people spend more money on it, so getting what you want... yeah...
If it worked like that, then either the machine would inevitably produce duplicates (which can only end badly), or it works like Blades where the vast majority of summons are mooks with a handful of people managing to get their hands on one of a kind summoning powers.

And if OP enough villains are in the pool with a public release, it's inevitably going to end badly anyway. . .regardless of whether or not the characters have free will.

Still, even a Common might not be half bad. Waddle Dees already seem to work for pretty much anyone who will take them, you draw one of those and you've got an instant tiny housekeeper. Just cross your fingers you don't draw anything from a world where the mooks hate your guts by default. . .

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If it worked like that, then either the machine would inevitably produce duplicates (which can only end badly), or it works like Blades where the vast majority of summons are mooks with a handful of people managing to get their hands on one of a kind summoning powers.

And if OP enough villains are in the pool with a public release, it's inevitably going to end badly anyway. . .regardless of whether or not the characters have free will.

Still, even a Common might not be half bad. Waddle Dees already seem to work for pretty much anyone who will take them, you draw one of those and you've got an instant tiny housekeeper. Just cross your fingers you don't draw anything from a world where the mooks hate your guts by default. . .
The system would work like FighterZ.

If you get duplicates, they are turned into currency. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
A machine like that with a Gacha feature can only mean horrible things, especially to the characters. Like, one of the things about Gachas is that between you and the character, there is an Avatar character who's making sure the player doesn't do anything too drastic to the character they didn't want. I can only imagine what would happen if there's no character to do so and most of it is not good.
Blacklist presumably includes villains, Rabbids, and everything from Thumper.

For my part I'd probably just go for someone to chill with. Off the top of my head I legitimately can't think of who, though.
And maybe some heroes. Like, I'm pretty sure no one wants an idiot hero who actually has the dumb luck and chance of pressing the nuke button.
If it worked like that, then either the machine would inevitably produce duplicates (which can only end badly).
Some of us appreciate our duplicates.

Remember kids, "2 of Her" is a fact of life.
The system would work like FighterZ.

If you get duplicates, they are turned into currency. :p
That's how lootboxes work. That's not how Gachas work.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kinda wish FighterZ was 1v1 so I only had to learn one character and have some possibility of actually being decent at the game.

Chrono.

Would you rather have a Diamond / Pearl remake or a new generation announced in the Switch? Just curious.
I'd rather have the DP remakes first on Switch.

Mostly due to Gamefreak's history when dealing with a console's hardware for the first time. I'd rather have underwhelming remakes over an underwhelming start to a new gen.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I never want DP remade. They're fine as is.
Also, I figured out a pattern guys, just a small one, but Gen 2 remakes happened in 4, right, and Gen 3 remakes happened in Gen 6, well if we go by this, our Gen 4 remakes will be in Gen 8. So if we go by this, clearly totally obvious and easily not disprovable pattern, we will get Gen 5 remakes in Gen 10, Gen 6 remakes in Gen 12 and Gen 7 remakes in Gen 18.
You lost me at Gen 7 remakes in Gen 18.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd rather have the DP remakes first on Switch.

Mostly due to Gamefreak's history when dealing with a console's hardware for the first time. I'd rather have underwhelming remakes over an underwhelming start to a new gen.
This is exactly why I want the Switch to start with a new gen.

Diamond and Pearl means too much to me to see it botched. A new gen means nothing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope there is an infinity war trailer shown soon during the superbowl.

Chrono.

This is exactly why I want the Switch to start with a new gen.

Diamond and Pearl means too much to me to see it botched. A new gen means nothing.
Well, Shiny asked if either DP remakes or the new gen, so. :p

If it were up to me I'd just give Kanto/RGBY another whirl. It's been enough time for it to be justified, plus with all the Gen 1 throwbacks GF likes to do nowadays they might as well just blow their load.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If it were up to me I'd just give Kanto/RGBY another whirl. It's been enough time for it to be justified, plus with all the Gen 1 throwbacks GF likes to do nowadays they might as well just blow their load.
Gen 1 does deserve another remake since they’re the only one to not have the physical/special split.

But imagine the outrage. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A new gen is most likely plus it would give them time to understand the switch and hopefully make shinoh remakes in better quality and graphics.

Chrono.

A new gen is most likely plus it would give them time to understand the switch and hopefully make shinoh remakes in better quality and graphics.
Not necessarily the case.

Compare the jump from XY to ORAS from the jump of ORAS to SM.

ORAS definitely looks better than XY, but the jump isn't huge.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gen 1 does deserve another remake since they’re the only one to not have the physical/special split.

Genwunners flip out because it's not exactly the same as their childhood

The rest of the fandom is tired of perceived genwunner pandering as it is and would freak out even harder

No one wins and I'm mostly just bored and disappointed.

Yeah, it wouldn't end well.

D

Deleted member

Huh, good point both of you's. + It would help a lot of newer kids who did not have access to the gameboys.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Genwunners flip out because it's not exactly the same as their childhood

The rest of the fandom is tired of perceived genwunner pandering as it is and would freak out even harder

No one wins and I'm mostly just bored and disappointed.

Yeah, it wouldn't end well.
But I’d like it cause then the worst gen could finally be good, potentially.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
New Infinity War trailer

Why are you taking your mask off when you're getting closer and closer to space Peter? You're meant to be smart.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Infinity War trailer

Why are you taking your mask off when you're getting closer and closer to space Peter? You're meant to be smart.

I forgot Gamora's sister existed and would be apart of this.

Looking good though! I can't wait till it releases.

D

Deleted member

I like Marvel, but they do not have any amazing movies. They do have good movies though.
I forgot Gamora's sister existed and would be apart of this.

Looking good though! I can't wait till it releases.
I am going to see this one as well, looks good actually!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But I’d like it cause then the worst gen could finally be good, potentially.
Not before getting assaulted by the fanbase first. Its gonna be like Sonic Forces. The game wouldn't even be out yet but its existence would anger the community.

Not to mention that the DP community would lose their ****ing mind if first gen pampering got that bad. :046:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Genwunners? In 2018? Looks like the necromancers are at it again.

Remarks about the extinct Genwunners aside, I'd be down for another Gen 1 remake. It's been long enough and honestly, while I still like FR/ LG, I have to admit that even they haven't aged the best.

... I just hope that said hypothetical remake doesn't exlude the Sevii Islands. They really were fun to explore through.

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom