• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hype died down and the community is quite small. If Mario Kart 9 was announced then that would be too fast yet interesting.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well if anyone knows how to turn off last seen with blocking people from viewing my profile pls tell me.
The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hype died down and the community is quite small. If Mario Kart 9 was announced then that would be too fast yet interesting.
Nah I don't think there will be a mario kart 9 until the switch successor.

Which I honestly wouldn't mind if it was simply a Switch 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

> Caeda gets Wing Sword

CLOSE ENOUGH. THANK YOU, IS.

That and the Falchion refinements have me giddy. Built in Recovery Ring effect/Breathbreaker/Zanbato-Ridersbane-like dragon buff canceller? So many options.
I doubt they'll go with full on Recovery Ring, they'll get Renewal 3 or else that'll just solidify their roles as doctors..
As for their special effect, I think it'll go:
Marth: Breathbreaker(if foe is a Dragon unit, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot.)
Chrom/Lucina: Wrath 2(when HP=<50%, +1 charge and +10 damage when special triggers.)
Alm: Double Lion(if HP=100%, strikes twice when initiating combat. If unit initiated combat, takes 5 damage after combat.)

Breathbreaker is self-explanatory, also negating the common QR on most Dragons.
Chrom and Lucina getting inbuilt Wrath 2 is a reference both to Rightful King and the Awakening skill from the Great Lord class in Fates(which boosted Hit/Avo/Crit by 30 iirc).
Alm's is obviously based on the Regal Blade's Double Lion skill. It somewhat mirrors Celica's Ragnarok and, also, we can't simply have Alm running around with a full on 16 Mt Brave Sword. Still, Renewal 3 being built into his weapon might make this potentially broken so maybe they'd go with something else, maybe based on Scendscale.

D

Deleted member

WAIT I JUST REALISED LILINA HAS A CHANCE TO GET FORBLAZE NOW
IS PLEASE DELIVER
Give Lucius Luce/Aureola you ****ing cowards
And Waterwheel to Oboro
So many possibilities, bless IS
Now give me refinement options for Armads, Audhulma and Nagflar so I can break this game

You can only make me drop the toku cult if you can find something that makes me *** harder than when I saw this pop up on my timeline
View attachment 135501
How about ego boosting? Because last game got me that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
IS PLEASE DELIVER
And Waterwheel to Oboro
Now give me refinement options for Armads, Audhulma and Nagflar so I can break this game

How about ego boosting? Because last game got me that.
Who cares about ego when you have such a powerful design? He'll kick your ass either way

Chrono.

Nice, Soraya Saga drew art of young Morag (with her bro) and young Zeke (with Turters.)
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Which I honestly wouldn't mind if it was simply a Switch 2.
I don't think that will happen after the Wii U's fate (even though it was mostly because of crappy advertising)

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Obviously Marth's Falchion upgrade should restore it to its FE1 glory.
Negates damage from non-Manakete direct attacks.
Ideally in addition to the Breathbreaker effect a few others mentioned. He's basically the poster boy for the whole series, doesn't he deserve something completely busted like this? :p

As for Felicia's Plate, I'm hoping for something like the "targets lower of Def or Res" effect. I kind of regret dumping 20,000 feathers and tons of SP on giving her a refined Smoke Dagger now, but oh well.

I'm also hoping the continuing absence of Brynhildr means they plan on adding Forrest at some point with "Dark Brynhildr", and Leo can upgrade to it via the refinery. I can dream, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Obviously Marth's Falchion upgrade should restore it to its FE1 glory.

Ideally in addition to the Breathbreaker effect a few others mentioned. He's basically the poster boy for the whole series, doesn't he deserve something completely busted like this? :p

As for Felicia's Plate, I'm hoping for something like the "targets lower of Def or Res" effect. I kind of regret dumping 20,000 feathers and tons of SP on giving her a refined Smoke Dagger now, but oh well.

I'm also hoping the continuing absence of Brynhildr means they plan on adding Forrest at some point with "Dark Brynhildr", and Leo can upgrade to it via the refinery. I can dream, right?
Are you telling me this is its actual effect? What the ****
Did it stay like that in the remake?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Part of me really wants Virion to get a weapon upgrade that's an anti-bow bowman.

Superior Bow. 14 Mt. Built in Bowbreaker. After combat, enemy bow users suffer Atk/Spd -5.

The Archest of Archers deserves it. Plus he's one of only two archers in Awakening, and that's the game where the Superior Bow debuted, and I'd argue it's a better fit for him than it is for Noire, so...I can dream. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, I don't want to sound emotional, but I want it to be clear that this year- yes we aren't even through the first month, that's not the point- has been absolutely horrid for me. I have broken down twice due to frustration, lost a lot of sleep due to anxiety, and... Thought of things I really shouldn't have.

So the fact the water works again- the fact something went right- makes me feel so much better. :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
FE1 was full of dumb **** like that which came about either from bugs, or the designers simply not knowing better because it was one of the first games in its genre. This was one of my personal favourites, alongside the bug that lets you use class change items infinitely on Bantu and Tiki to boost their Def infinitely (well, presumably until it reaches 127 or 255 and rolls over, I've never tested the limits of it), and without using up the class change item. On the other hand you have stuff that is the bad kind of "dumb", like Mercurius being locked to Marth, or the storage convoy charging money to withdraw items.

Basically all this stuff was fixed in FE3 and 11. For me it's honestly one of the reasons I found the remakes less fun to play than the original, even despite how FE1 has aged absolutely terribly in most respects.

D

Deleted member

You know, I don't want to sound emotional, but I want it to be clear that this year- yes we aren't even through the first month, that's not the point- has been absolutely horrid for me. I have broken down twice due to frustration, lost a lot of sleep due to anxiety, and... Thought of things I really shouldn't have.

So the fact the water works again- the fact something went right- makes me feel so much better. :)
Glad to see you feeling better from all of those hard events! And stay positive!

D

Deleted member

Zeb is finally free from his pranking. I do not know how I feel about that to be honest. If he is happy, me too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Name changing being locked behind Premium is really stupid, I have never seen any other forum website have such a restriction. This is also the exact practice we criticize game companies of doing.

EDIT: #FightAgainstTheSmashboardsMachine
I kinda thought about creating a new account just to fix my nickname but I don't want to lose my 2012 join date :c

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nope, because IS hates fun.

I'd kill for an Echoes style remake of FE1 that updates the presentation but keeps all the weird **** intact.

D

Deleted member

Mercurius being locked to Marth,
What's even the purpose of that?
storage convoy charging money to withdraw items.
Not ****ing Earthbound again
Honestly, pranks are such a pointless feature.
You take that back this instant you little ******
Nope, because IS hates fun.

I'd kill for an Echoes style remake of FE1 that updates the presentation but keeps all the weird **** intact.
I take your offer and double down with a Thracia remake that only updates the presentation.
-Pitch black FoW maps.
-Green units attacking you.
-Warp tiles.
-Escape maps where any units that do not escape before Leif are captured.
-Escape maps on pitch black FoW with warp tiles and green units that attack you.
-The Reinhardt™.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Shiny now went from being funky to protecting rainforests. Does he get a golden star?
Who cares about the prank- it's the username color I want.
I like both. I like how if you never changed custom title, you could go from a "Smash Legend" to a "Pranked!". It is also nice to see a notably bold magenta name-tag.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I take your offer and double down with a Thracia remake that only updates the presentation.
-Pitch black FoW maps.
-Green units attacking you.
-Warp tiles.
-Escape maps where any units that do not escape before Leif are captured.
-Escape maps on pitch black FoW with warp tiles and green units that attack you.
-The Reinhardt™.
Sounds good to me.

and tbh Reinhardt isn't that scary in FE5, considering you can give your staffbot of choice a pure water and put him to sleep. (Magic and res are the same stat in FE5)

Ivander

Smash Legend
IS PLEASE DELIVER
And Waterwheel to Oboro
Berkut and Kriemhild. Please IS.
And considering Hinoka and Felicia are getting their named weapons, that potentially means that anybody with a named weapon in a main game has a chance of getting a unique weapon, like Jakob, Ogma, Selena, Effie, Camilla, Gordin, Luke, Titania, etc.

D

Deleted member

Nice, Soraya Saga drew art of young Morag (with her bro) and young Zeke (with Turters.)
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Zeke looks more like a Tantalian this time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What's even the purpose of that?
Mercurius' effect in FE1 is that, if it is equipped when its user levels up, any stat that increases has a 25% chance of getting a +2 increase (this also was removed in the remakes). In FE1, Marth cannot promote, and so only gets 19 level-ups. So maybe they figured that Marth would need that 25% chance of +2 levels more than anyone else, so they decided to prevent the player from letting anyone else use it (as for why they didn't just let him promote, I have no ideas; maybe they couldn't fit a promoted Lord on the cart or something). At least, that's the best guess I can come up with; it could also just have been some arcane story reason or something that didn't translate to gameplay very well.

and tbh Reinhardt isn't that scary in FE5, considering you can give your staffbot of choice a pure water and put him to sleep. (Magic and res are the same stat in FE5)
I prefer berserking him, myself.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mercurius' effect in FE1 is that, if it is equipped when its user levels up, any stat that increases has a 25% chance of getting a +2 increase (this also was removed in the remakes). In FE1, Marth cannot promote, and so only gets 19 level-ups. So maybe they figured that Marth would need that 25% chance of +2 levels more than anyone else, so they decided to prevent the player from letting anyone else use it (as for why they didn't just let him promote, I have no ideas; maybe they couldn't fit a promoted Lord on the cart or something). At least, that's the best guess I can come up with; it could also just have been some arcane story reason or something that didn't translate to gameplay very well.

I prefer berserking him, myself.
Speaking of Mercurius, it's kind of sad that it's the only one of Archanea's three Regalia to not be in Heroes.

The only person I could see wielding it, barring a Knoll/Eirika situation, is Astram, and I imagine he's decently far down the priority list for units IS wants to add. Where are Lena and Julian, IS?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Part of me really wants Virion to get a weapon upgrade that's an anti-bow bowman.

Superior Bow. 14 Mt. Built in Bowbreaker. After combat, enemy bow users suffer Atk/Spd -5.

The Archest of Archers deserves it. Plus he's one of only two archers in Awakening, and that's the game where the Superior Bow debuted, and I'd argue it's a better fit for him than it is for Noire, so...I can dream. :p
Noire with a hexing now that lowers all stats after attacking when then?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE1 was full of dumb **** like that which came about either from bugs, or the designers simply not knowing better because it was one of the first games in its genre. This was one of my personal favourites, alongside the bug that lets you use class change items infinitely on Bantu and Tiki to boost their Def infinitely (well, presumably until it reaches 127 or 255 and rolls over, I've never tested the limits of it), and without using up the class change item. On the other hand you have stuff that is the bad kind of "dumb", like Mercurius being locked to Marth, or the storage convoy charging money to withdraw items.

Basically all this stuff was fixed in FE3 and 11. For me it's honestly one of the reasons I found the remakes less fun to play than the original, even despite how FE1 has aged absolutely terribly in most respects.
More or less how I feel about Gen 1 Pokemon vs. FRLG. It's worth a playthrough for anyone who's curious IMO, personally I had more fun with it than I did with Birthright.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Gaiden's mechanic changes were solely in response to FE1's convoy mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom